MEVEAU, MBA, CIA
Strategist provides clients with more than a decade of hands-on expertise in all aspects of public company accounting, internal audit, acquisition due-diligence, accounting transitions, complex financial analysis, risk identification and assistance with internal controls over financial reporting. Certifications address both business process and IT risk assessment, consumer and commercial insurance, forensic accounting and fraud investigation, all aspects of SOX compliance, policy and procedure documentation, and control development/implementation. Recent endeavors include financial and operational auditing, regulatory compliance and operational analysis reporting.
CPA Firm Consultant, Auditgoals.com 2019 - 2020
• Planned and coordinated all stages of publicly traded and privately held company financial audits.
• Performed routine SOX 404 audits and ad-hoc internal audits to identify gaps and propose corrective action.
• Coordinated implementation and monitoring of internal corrective action plans.
• Provided guidance to internal and external stakeholders to ensure understanding and compliance with regulatory and contractual requirements, as well as organizational policies and procedures. Chemicals and Manufacturing Consultant, Auditgoals.com 2017 – 2019
• Conducts research and analysis on international regulatory requirements affecting vendor and plant relationships.
• Performs routine SOX 404 audits and ad-hoc internal audits to identify gaps and propose corrective action.
• Coordinates implementation and monitoring of internal corrective action plans.
• Provides guidance to internal and external stakeholders to ensure understanding and compliance with regulatory and contractual requirements, as well as organizational policies and procedures.
• Maintains the SOX 404 compliance audit program, including schedules, standards, processes, SAP reports and tools in close collaboration with the Compliance VP
• Supports the development and renewal of mergers, sales and acquisitions strategic performance efforts, including coordination, verification, editing and submission of key documentation.
• Assists the Compliance VP and Project Managers in conducting risk assessments of current business practices by determining areas of exposure and recommending risk-mitigating solutions.
• Processes and maintains data, information, documents and files according to professional standards Oilfield and Construction Consultant, Auditgoals.com 2014 – 2017
• Facilitate enterprise-wide risk management, SOX 404 activities and internal audit projects.
• Review and approve the work of IT and ICFR audit consultants to ensure accuracy and PCAOB compliance.
• Perform IT assessments in conjunction with third-party auditors to assess network security and firewall issues.
• Propose changes to the internal control environment of all affiliated companies to ensure COSO framework objectives are met.
• Advise senior management of the impact of business decisions on the achievement of organizational objectives.
• Develop, implement and monitor risk control testing plans and activities to maintain an effective control environment.
• Update external audit team on development of initiatives for the firm to increase reliance on internal audit documentation.
• Administer the user access and document repository within the electronic audit filings and auditee certification systems.
• Facilitate the planning of the ISO 9001 implementation efforts and steer the process mapping and control design initiatives.
• Perform random operational audits to assess departmental compliance with recommended action plan updates.
• Identify risk control system weaknesses and improvement opportunities to establish best practices.
• Establish and consistently update risk control matrices and critical supporting documents Nonprofit and Food Service Consultant, Auditgoals.com 2013 – 2014
• Managed staff of IT, billing and administrative professionals to ensure operational efficiency.
• Collaborated with executive, finance and operations teams to introduce a mobile application to increase route performance.
• Performed audits of key revenue and expense cycle activities to ensure accuracy of grant-writing estimates.
• Performed assessments of operational compliance with regulatory standards and solicited executive advisory services.
• Reviewed governmental contracts to ascertain levels of compliance risk and solidify knowledge of funding programs.
• Created executive presentations for the education of the Board of Directors and other interested parties.
• Assessed agency compliance with grantor funding contracts and produced reporting to prove compliance.
• Acted as a liaison and negotiator between highly motivated government and non-profit foundation stakeholders.
• Managed change by implementing operational billing and IT practices to ease staff burden and increase productivity.
• Trained various departments on the functional requirements for financial success of the non-profit organization.
Healthcare Consultant, Auditgoals.com 2012 – 2013
• Created and executed audit project work plans to respond timely to Medicare regulatory audit inquiries.
• Executed the SOX 404 compliance audit program across multiple entities and lines of business.
• Communicated with internal and external stakeholders regularly to monitor business environment changes.
• Collaborated with Fraud, Waste and Abuse team to develop operational audit programs that contribute to bottom line.
• Reviewed regulatory updates to provide change proposals to the firm’s risk management plan.
• Reviewed all quarterly and annual financial report drafts to ensure reasonableness before SEC review occurs.
• Identified and managed resources needed to complete risk-based testing and implement recommendations.
• Partnered with various business units to analyze and resolve complex problems that threatened profitability.
• Prepared effective and concise reports, charts and analytical aids for use in various functional areas. Oil and Gas Consultant, Auditgoals.com 2010 – 2012
• Traveled 60% to review IT security and assess SOX 404 compliance to recommend sound process improvements.
• Recommended and implemented key operational initiatives at challenged, high-risk domestic and international plants.
• Interviewed international plant personnel to assess compliance with the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
• Performed audit walk-through of key business processes to inform management of key risk consideration areas.
• Audited the plant general ledger accounts to determine whether bribery or fraud was committed.
• Collaborated with external auditors to complete interim and annual testing plans for financial reporting purposes.
• Updated process flow diagrams and narratives to reflect key financial and structural changes in the organization.
• Performed fixed asset reviews to determine the accuracy of inventory records and depreciation expense.
• Reviewed international contracts to identify key risk areas, address compliance concerns and affect change. Manufacturing Consultant, Auditgoals.com 2008 – 2010
• Managed various ad-hoc executive assignments geared toward efficiency and waste elimination.
• Traveled 80% to build successful working relationships with plant management and aid implementation.
• Created executive presentations to satisfy the needs of North American management and German executives.
• Coached office management teams on the importance of accurate database entries and inventory reconciliation practices.
• Audited the cash sales, miscellaneous revenue, payroll and inventory cycles of 50 U.S. domestic plants.
• Implemented an operational self-assessment plan for challenged business units in the California market.
• Assessed the database security of proprietary technology structures by reviewing access and change management functions.
• Created analytical reports, queries and other relevant financial/operational tools for management use.
• Monitored financial, infrastructure and operational performance indicators to mitigate risk and manage costs. EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
Master of Business Administration, Finance
Bachelor of Business Administration, Finance