Andrés Ramírez Valencia, Mechanical Engineer
Cell phone: +52 1-442-***-****
Messages: +52 1-442-***-**** (Patricia Rodríguez cell phone) e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/andrés-ramírez-valencia-b3852097 SUMMARY: Mechanical engineer with 20 years’ experience as manufacturing and MRB engineer for the automotive, research and aeronautical areas. Automotive experience as a manufacturing engineer; aeronautics experience as a methods/manufacturing and MRB engineer. EXPERIENCE:
Icon aircraft, Tijuana, BC.
From oct 2018 to aug 2019
Section Chief: Jennifer Urquhart.
Manager of Structures and Stress
- Develop the internal MRB process for an almost new process in the manufacture of a light and sport composite aircraft.
- Provide Engineering dispositions/stress substantiation for problems in layup assembly line and bonding process for composite parts and sub-assemblies.
- Obtained MRB Engineering authority to provide stress-engineering dispositions for a light and sport composite aircraft issues. MRB Liaison Engineer level lII.
Bombardier Aerospace México,
S. A. de C. V.
From may 2010 to september 2018
Section chief: Christopher Talbot
- Provide end use of discrepant reported parts from electrical, composite and metal parts.
- Support the operation dispositioning material and assemblies attending the non-conformance reports in NCMS.
- Obtained MRB Engineering authorities to provide disposition to the aircraft programs: Global 5000, Global 6000, Global 7000-8000
(Global 7500), Q400, CL605, CL670/690 (CRJ700/900/1000), CRJ200/CL850 (RJ850) and CL300.
Bombardier Aerospace México, S.A.
From september 2009 to may 2010
Supervisor: Carlos Contreras
- Coordinate production teams in the assembly process of composite parts.
- Provide feedback and technical support to production teams.
- Support the transference of the composite manufacturing process from Montreal, QC, Canadá to Querétaro, Qro, México facilities. Composite parts manufacturing
From october 2008 to august 2009
- Theoretical and on-job training for hand lay-up in composites (Pre- preg and wet-preg). Training performed in Des Moulins, Terrebonne, Quebec, Canada and Aeromarmi, San Luis Potosí, S.L.P., México. Electrical methods agent.
Bombardier Aerospace México, S.A.
From april 2006 to september 2008
Supervisor: Pascal Labelle
- Responsible for the electrical test of electrical harnesses with DitMco and responsible of the tooling area. Leading a qty of (5) persons team to provide support to shop floor for both areas.
- Training people to perform the electrical tests using DitMco Electrical Test Machine.
- Develop the production lay-out to optimize the manufacturing process.
Training for electrical assemblies.
From october 2005 to january 2006
- Obtained the authority to perform electrical harnesses for aircrafts, Bombardier Aerospace programs.
Instituto Mexicano del Transporte.
From april 2002 to october 2005
Supervisor: PhD Manuel De Jesus Favela
Gallegos, Head of the vehicle dynamics.
- Research activities within the Vehicular Dynamics area for heavy duty vehicles.
- Supporting activities in the mechanical vibration laboratory.
- Experimental evaluation by using statistical analysis (Use of Minitab) over tank trucks to transport gasolines, PEMEX provided qty of (2) tank trucks to perform the project.
TREMEC S.A. de C.V.
From january 2000 to april 2001
Supervisor: Jorge Luis Martínez Rivas
- Team work to improve the support to production and the up-dating process of process sheets to manufacture shafts and gears for gear boxes.
- Perform drawings/models using AutoCAD.
Training to be incorporated in Spicer
group in Querétaro.
From september 1999 to january 2000
- Integrant of the 54th generation of Professional Base for DESC corporative, Spicer Group in “Centro de Desarrollo Industrial”
From august 2003 ~ June 2005
- “Maestría en ciencias en ingeniería industrial”
Instituto Tecnológico de Querétaro.
Thesis: “Baffles’ experimental design on tank trucks to transport of refined petroleum”.
- Introduction to FEMAP, composite stress analysis to obtain failure index and safety margins to substantiate Engineering dispositions on composite parts, Icon aircraft.
- Introduction to CREO, Icon aircraft.
- Introduction to CATIA V5, Bombardier Aerospace México.
- GD&T (ASME Y 14.5 2009)
- On job training for composite assemblies (6 months), Aeromarmi, San Luis Potosí, México.
- On job training in the process of composite assemblies (3 months), Composite Atlantic, Mirabel, QC, Canada.
- Training in Composite Material Process (3 months), CFP Des Moulins, Terrebonne, QC, Canada.
- Programming and Operation DIT-MCO Test Executive, Kansas City, Mo, USA.
- Hardware/Maintenance DIT-MCO Test Executive, Kansas City, Mo, USA.
- “Electrical Assemblies for aircrafts", Technological University of Querétaro-Bombardier.
- “Ingeniería y diseño de moldes de inyección”, ICATEQ.
- “Design of Experiments, Method of Taguchi", Technological Institute of Querétaro.
- “Design of Experiments, DOE", Technological Institute of Querétaro.
- “English Studies Program full-time”, King George International College. Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- “Sistema de Entrenamiento QS-9000 de DaimlerChrysler, Ford, General Motors y Plexus (AMEF, APQP, Análisis de los Sistemas de Medición, Core tools)” Spicer Group.
- “Manejo de Proyectos”.
- “Coaching Técnico”.
- Use of DitMCO to troubleshoot electrical issues over electrical harnesses and small electronics devices.
- “Lean Manufacturing” given to a support people internal to Bombardier Aerospace México.
- Performing conferences to undergraduate students in Tecnológico de Queretaro, Qro. México.
- Topics: “Composite materials in aerospace industry” in 2011 and “Materials used in aircrafts: general overview” in 2017.