Fatema Akter Happy
*** ***** ********, ******, **, S4N 1S8
Phone: +1-306-***-****; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Solid communication and presentation skills, practiced continuously as an organizing person. Well- developed research, analytical and problem-solving skills gained through research work during master’s program. Willingness to learn and meet the demands of new experiences, as evidenced by diverse work and volunteer experience. Organized and dependable team member who exceeds at processing high volume of error-free transaction, and meeting goals. Detail-oriented plus one-year experience in sales with proven customer service skills who thrives in competitive and fast-paced environments. EDUCATION
MEng. in Oil & Gas Engineering January 2016 - October 2018 Memorial University of Newfoundland
St. John's, NL (CGPA 3.75/4.00)
BSc. in Petroleum & Mining Engineering January 2009 - November 2013 Shahjalal University of Science & Technology
Sylhet, Bangladesh (CGPA 3.62/4.00)
Food Service Supervisor May 2018- Present
Subway, Quance Street
• Supervise and coordinate the activities of staff.
• Ensure that food and service meet quality control standards
• Answered questions; assisted and suggested customers in their purchases.
• Collaborated with the store manager in providing amicable atmosphere Teaching Assistant April 2017- May 2018
Memorial University of Newfoundland
St. John's, NL
• Assist professors in their course.
• Assist students in the tutorial.
• Grade the exam papers.
Cashier October 2017- January 2018
Store No. 3092
St. John's, NL
• Scanning coupons, applying discounts, processing payments.
• Ringing up sales on computerized cash registers.
• Handling returns and answering questions about merchandise, store policies, and ongoing promotions TRAINING
• Completed Professional Skill Development Program Course at Memorial University (Spring, 2016)
• Workshop Program on Drilling & Completion Engineering (July 2012)
• In plant training in TICI, Narshingdi on Industrial Process Unit Operation and Process Control Technique (November 2012)
• Executive at Large at Engineering Graduate Student Society, MUN (August 2017-January 2018)
• Volunteer assistant in INUIT studies conference (Oct 7-10, 2016, St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador
• Attended group discussion on environment cleaning issues (Make Midterm Matter Spring 2016)
• Visited East Coast Trail Beach to clean beach (Make Midterm Matter Spring 2016)
• Member of distributing warm cloth to poor people of Bangladesh in winter season in 2013
• Volunteer assistant in International Conference Science and Engineering, SUST, Bangladesh, 2012
• Work as a member of KIN, a voluntary organization for the education of street children 2011. AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS
• Graduate Assistantship (Jan.2016 – December 2017)
• Merit scholarship (BSc. in Eng. (1
year and 3
year) awarded by Vice Chancellor)
• Merit scholarship (2008) (Awarded by Grameenphone, a leading telecom company, for obtaining GPA 5.00 in Twelve Level).
1. Syed A. Imtiaz, PhD, P. Eng.
Associate Professor of Process Engineering
Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science
Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John's, NL A1B 3X5, Canada Phone: 1-709-***-****, E-mail: email@example.com
2. Debbie Grace
Manager, Walmart Canada, Store 3092.
St. John’s, NL, Canada
Contact Number: +1-709-***-****