Dr. Shelly Madison Jebens
Ormond Beach, FL 32174
OBJECTIVE A position that will utilizes my leadership skills to help individuals and organizations identify and remove systemic barriers by connecting them to resources and utilizing data to enhance success, retention and personal wellness, as well as accomplish the organizational mission and vision. EDUCATION XAVIER UNIVERSITY, Cincinnati, OH
Psy.D., Doctorate - Clinical Psychology
Minor: Business Health Administration
Graduation date: August 2003
XAVIER UNIVERSITY, Cincinnati, OH
M.A., Master of Arts - Clinical Psychology
Graduation date: May 2000
THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY, Columbus, OH
Bachelor of Arts, March 1996
Major: Psychology Minor: Multicultural Studies
STETSON UNIVERSITY, FLAGER COLLEGE, XAVIER UNIVERSITY, MIAMI UNIVERSITY
EXPERIENCE Deland, FL
September 2007 Professor/Consultant
To Present * Teach courses to undergraduate, graduate and non-traditional students
* Teach traditional and community college courses in general psychology, social psychology, adolescent development, abnormal psychology, psychology of women, psychology of violence, professional development and communications.
* Serve as an ombudsman for students, faculty and staff to resolve obstacles to their success and well-being.
* Facilitate collaborative relationships with university faculty and local professionals to enrich the learning environment for students.
* Prepare a course syllabus, semester exams and weekly lesson plans
* Enhance student learning by offering academic support through weekly office hours CLINICAL &
LEADERSHIP DEPARTMENT OF BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICES ADMINISTRATIVE
EXPERIENCE Cincinnati, OH
February 2013 Director of Behavioral Health Services To December 2016 * Provided administrative leadership and management of the day-to-day department operations, which included provision of prevention, education, psychological and psychiatric services to at risk youth and their families.
* Utilized project/process management skills to implement new programs, policies and procedures.
* Designed, implemented and managed an evidenced-based psychoeducational program that improved success rates higher than the national average.
* Designed, implemented and managed a Department of Youth Services funded Alternatives to Detention grant that provides evidence-based intensive outpatient services to at risk youth.
* Provided clinical oversight and supervision of behavioral health, psychological, psychiatric and doctoral practicum student staff.
* Recruited, hired, trained and evaluated new staff
* Designed and published departmental brochures and program promotion tools
* Utilized quality assurance skills to prepare monthly, quarterly and annual outcome reports to track departmental success and financial responsibility.
* Provided clinical consultation and recommendations to other departments and senior leadership.
* Collaborated with external community and state organizations on high risk youth initiatives including the University of Cincinnati, Xavier University, Ohio Department of Youth Services, Mental Health Board, Children’s Hospital, Salvation Army and the MacArthur Foundation.
* Provided after hour crisis management on call coverage for clinical emergencies on a rotating basis.
* Provided new hire and annual behavioral and mental health training for employees.
* Provided individual and group counseling services to high-risk youth.
* Annually reviewed and revised departmental policies and procedures.
* Participated and served on committees and work groups including Treatment Planning, Policy Review, Human Trafficking and Gun Violence Prevention. August 2005 XAVIER UNIVERSITY WELLNESS SERVICES
To 2013 Cincinnati, OH
Prevention & Wellness Education Program Manager
* Wrote and submitted a strategic plan to University President and Board of Trustees for a comprehensive, evidenced-based AOD prevention and wellness education program.
* Served as Administrator/Manager for the AOD Prevention and Wellness Education Program, budget, work groups and committees.
* Managed and lead the campus-wide implementation of the AOD Prevention and Wellness Education program.
* Supervised faculty/staff committees, student trainees and student peer educators
* Managed a federal grant (SAMHSA) that provided AOD prevention and education for all incoming first-year students and upperclassmen athletes.
* Provided specialized assessment, research, program evaluation, outreach presentations and consultation services for university staff, departments and external constituents (Project GRAD, Cincinnati County Day High School).
* Developed relationships with campus and external constituents including faculty, staff, businesses, coalitions, social service organizations and fire/police departments to provide resources for the AOD Prevention and Wellness Education program.
* Administered and utilized CORE and National American College Health Survey data to identify student needs, track program effectiveness, enhance services and create a social norms marketing campaign.
* Prepared Mid -Year and Annual reports documenting student learning outcomes and the effectiveness of the Prevention and Wellness Education Program.
* Designed and maintained the Prevention and Wellness Education website and other program promotional tools.
* Advised student clubs (Senior Board, XSADDED, Alternative Breaks)
* Annually reviewed and revised University’s policies and sanctioning procedures.
* Provided individual therapy, group therapy and diagnostic services to undergraduate and graduate students.
* Provided referral to appropriate campus and community resources
* Provided 24-hr on call coverage and responded to client and campus emergencies. September 2003 NORTHKEY COMMUNITY CARE
To July 2005 Newport, KY
Therapist & Drug Court Liaison
* Provided individual therapy services for adolescents and adults with both severe mental health and substance abuse issues.
* Provided treatment planning, diagnostic assessments and psychological evaluations for adults and adolescents.
* Co-facilitated group therapy for adolescents in an intensive outpatient substance abuse treatment program (IOP).
* Provided group and family wellness education to IOP clients and their parents.
* Attended weekly Juvenile Drug Court hearings as a court liaison to communicate therapeutic progress for IOP/Drug Court clients.
* Completed court ordered guardianship evaluations for geriatric and disabled clients.
September 2001 CENTER FOR CHILDREN & FAMILIES
To August 2003 Child & Family Therapist
* Provided prevention/wellness education, psychotherapeutic interventions, diagnostic assessment and treatment planning for children and their families.
* Attended and facilitated psychiatric evaluations with clients to facilitate understanding of and compliance with their treatment plan.
* Worked collaboratively with schools, hospitals and other mental health agencies to provide prevention/wellness education and coordinate treatment planning for children and their families.
* Attended weekly supervision and staff meetings to enhance clinical services and training.
September 2002 CENTRAL CLINIC ADULT SERVICES
To August 2003 Cincinnati, OH
* Provided individual therapy services for adults with severe mental illness
* Provided treatment planning, diagnostic assessment and psychological evaluations.
* Collaborated with psychiatrists, case managers and other support workers for comprehensive care.
* Attended weekly supervision and treatment team meetings September 2000 CPS FAMILIES FORWARD
To July 2001 Cincinnati, OH
* Provided prevention/wellness education, case management and behavior modification services to students, teachers and school administrators.
* Assisted teachers and principal in behavior modification plan implementation
* Created treatment plans to facilitate social, emotional and academic functioning
* Developed and coordinated supportive services for students (i.e., tutoring)
* Communicated student progress to parents, teachers and key service providers. June 2000 HEALTH FOUNDATION OF GREATER CINCINNATI
To August 2000 Cincinnati, OH
* Assisted with program evaluation and grant writing
* Conducted research on community health issues
* Collected research data to develop and write a health consumer resource guide
* Developed an empirically valid listing of substance abuse assessment scales June 1999 PSYCHOLOGICAL SERVICES CENTER
To June 2000 Cincinnati, OH
* Provided Psychotherapeutic interventions including individual and group therapy and treatment planning.
* Provided assessment services including psychological testing, diagnostic assessment and report writing.
* Prepared clinical case presentations for staff meetings January 1998 COMMUNITY DIAGNOSTIC TREATMENT CENTER To January 1999 Cincinnati, OH
* Assessed juvenile delinquents with IQ, achievement and personality tests
* Scored and calculated test data for interpretation
* Observed and documented important behavioral observations September 1998 BETHESDA COUNSELING SERVICES/HYDE PARK August 1999 Cincinnati, OH
* Co-facilitated groups for a school-based intervention program
* Provided assessment services including psychological testing, diagnostic interviewing and report writing.
* Provided psychotherapeutic interventions and treatment planning
* Attended weekly clinical case reviews with staff psychologists and psychiatrists.
* Certified in Juvenile Competency Evaluation and Attainment
* Certified in Prevention Leadership through NASPA
* Certified in Green Dot Bystander Intervention Program
* 2011 ADAPAO Prevention & Advocacy Fellow
* Substance Abuse and Misuse Commission Chair, Xavier University
* United Way Program Evaluation Committee Chair
* Developed a Prevention & Wellness Education website for students, faculty & staff
* Grant writing, quality assurance, fidelity monitoring
* Social media communication and promotion (Facebook, Instagram, Youtube)
* Microsoft Word, EXCEL, Power Point, Microsoft Publisher, SPSS PRESENTATIONS Jebens, S. (2016, March). A Court Education-Based Competence Attainment Program for Juveniles: Nature and Success. Presentation at the American Psychology –Law Society, APA Division 41, Atlanta, GA. Jebens, S (2010, October). The Environmental Management Approach: AOD Prevention. Presentation at Xavier University Board of Trustees meeting, Cincinnati, OH.
Prevention & Wellness Education Campaign Newsletter, Xavier University, December, 2010.
The Environmental Management Approach: A Prevention & Wellness Education Strategic Plan, Xavier University, March 2010.
The Predictors of Success for African American Children in Single-Parent Households: A Resiliency Model, Dissertation, Xavier University, January, 2002. Greater Cincinnati Health Care Resource Guide, The Community Press, November, 2000.
The Feminization of Poverty, The Call and Post.
PAST & PRESENT
ACTIVITIES American Psychological Association Member (APA), Ohio Psychological Association Member (OPA), OPA Diversity Delegate, Association of Black Psychologists Member (ABPSI), Substance Abuse and Misuse Commission Committee Chair, United Way Program Evaluation Committee Chair, Title-IX Task Force committee member, Diversity and Inclusion Committee member, Strategic Prevention Framework Advisory Council member, NCCF Board of Trustees member, NCCF Fundraising Chair, Independently Owned Private Practice. AWARDS
And GRANTS *Outpatient Alternative Specialized Intensive Services (OASIS) Program, Competitive Reclaim Alternative to Detention Grant, Ohio Department of Youth Services Ohio Department of Youth Services, $300,000, (2014 – 2017).
* AlcoholEdu, Strategic Prevention Framework: State Incentive Grant (SPF SIG), Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), $20,000,
*President’s Award for Excellence, Xavier University, 2011 References Available Upon Request