Dennis J. Moore
Tupelo, MS *****
901-***-**** : email@example.com
Environmental, Health & Safety, Workers Compensation and Risk Management Motivated, accomplished professional with over 20 years of management experience in Risk Management, Environmental Health and Safety, Workers Compensation, DOT, EPA and OSHA Compliance, Hazardous Waste compliance and Environmental permitting and consulting. EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
Hartman Consulting LLC – EHS Consultant 2017 - Present Responsible for determining needs of the client and building sustainable relationships in order to meet the business development goals.
Coached business partner management, front line, and safety leadership teams in the understanding and application of EHS related principles, culture changing activities, strategic planning and execution, through training, audits and reports encompassing recognition, evaluation and recommendations for corrective actions.
Accountable for the implementation of successful project management plans and monitoring progress against these to ensure effective communication with the project team and clients.
- Carried out incident management program development.
- Assisted with the development of hazard assessments, SDS’s, JHA’s and LOTO program management.
- Lead/participated on task force committees related to new regulatory compliance or continuous improvement in EHS activities at business partner facilities.
- Assisted in the development of compliance training platforms for regulatory and company compliance requirements.
- Developed Emergency Actions planning and business continuity coordination planning.
- Independently conducted industrial hygiene/environmental heath sampling in various work environments and produced management reports for the clients.
- Utilizing project management skills, performed other supportive functions for the customer as assigned.
- Performed desk studies and on-site assessments regarding potential customer facilities. Stericycle, Inc, - EHS Director 2004 - 2017
Directed safety professionals in EHS related affairs including: Plant safety, Environmental Permitting, Hazardous Waste compliance, DOT/FMCSA, OSHA, EPA, and Workers Compensation Program initiatives. Responsible for Federal/State permitting of processing and transportation facilities. Provided leadership, strategy and direction for company ES&H policies, programs and processes in support of operational excellence and profitability in coordination with acquisition partners. Managed a multi-state, employer-based claims management program for the region. Effectively provided risk management expertise in litigating worker’s compensation cases in coordination with the TPA’s. Provided leadership and direction to team members in operations and sales in the development and the execution of safety/compliance goals and accountabilities. Directed DOT/FMCSA related safety, orientation, training, accident prevention and compliance programs. Provided Safety Management program oversight of worker safety, industrial product safety, third party safety, Hazardous Waste compliance, accident prevention, and loss control. Established training standards and developed/delivered training materials and programs using a variety of media to meet customer needs.
Lead cross-functional teams for the development, implementation and user support of EHS related performance metrics collection, utilizing a variety of EHS Management Systems, such as AIC, GenSuite, and Dakota.
- OSHA Incident Rate (OIR) reduction of 47%.
- Claims reduction for both Auto and Workers Compensation of 28% combined.
- Claims cost reduction of 30%.
- Development of KPI’s for performing audits.
- Performed company and regulatory audits at Stericycle and partner facilities across the US.
- Assisted with OSHA VPP facility attainment.
- Developed standardized training platforms to include all acquisition team members.
- Led Cross-Functional teams in the development of company programs including: o DOT / Non-DOT - Drug & Alcohol compliance / Hours of Service and Fleet Maintenance. o Control of Hazardous Energy (Lock Out/Tag Out) / Machine Guarding. o CDL driver and vehicle safety and compliance programs. o Workers Compensation / Return to Work.
o Compliance training management development for Internet and Intranet based modules. o Permitting Compliance programs for SPCC, SWPP and WWT activities. St. Jude Children's Research Hospital 2000 - 2004
Assistant Industrial Hygiene Officer
Lead facility in DOT compliance of Regulated Medical Waste, Hazardous Waste disposal activities, and compliance with Dangerous Good Shipments by air in accordance with IATA directives. Performed Industrial Hygiene activities throughout the facility, including Air Studies, Hazardous Waste and Regulated Medical Waste program compliance.
Maintained functionality and testing of Air Handlers, HEPA Filtration systems, Biological Safety Cabinets, Chemical Fume Hoods and Chemotherapy Laminar Flow Hoods. Evaluated and monitored World Health Organization laboratories within the Biological Level 3+ facilities for compliance with CDC, WHO directives and Industrial Hygiene practices. Trained workers on campus in laboratory safety, biological/chemical containment and safe practices. EDUCATION
BS Healthcare Management, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale Illinois