email@example.com www.linkedin.com/in/daniel-kemp-professional PROJECT SOLUTIONS PROFESSIONAL
Manage functions and projects to improve operational efficiency Successful Customer Service, Purchasing, Office, Warehouse, Cartage and Turnkey Manager, Operations Manager, and Project Manager. Trusted with leading initiatives for 9 Divisions within region. Strong problem-solving analysis. Advanced Computer Skills, including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and proprietary software. ISO 9001 expert and Quality Audit certified.
Regional Controller Interaction Process Improvement Meet Customer Requirements Regional Aged Inventory Management Sourcing and Negotiation Safety and Sales Driven PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
LANDSBERG SACRAMENTO, a division of Orora Packaging Solutions North America, Rocklin, CA
Project Manager 2015 to 2018
• Managed Aged Inventory for 9 distribution divisions located within Northwest Region, resulting in lowest aged total in 5 years at fiscal year-end 2018.
• Led weekly meetings with management teams and sales representatives, reviewing inventory, and generating and distributing reports within teams.
• Implemented SAP ERP processes within multiple divisions of NW Region, including warehouse, assembly, and supplier procurement rebates, resulting in successful “Go Lives”.
• Directed divisional inventory integrity, working with Regional Controllers and local warehouse coworkers, producing minor variances for high valued inventory.
• Coded freight, 3PL and miscellaneous divisional invoices, forwarding to corporate business service center for processing.
• Monitored inventory pricing for North West Region divisions, efficiently tracking costs. Operations Manager 2011 to 2015
Managed Warehouse, Cartage, and Turnkey Assembly departments within Landsberg Sacramento division. Led 12 - 15 co- workers.
• Supervised multiple shifts of warehouse team members, receiving, pulling, staging, loading, and packaging material for delivery to customers.
• Managed drivers, delivering orders to customers, using company tractor trailers.
• Oversaw Turnkey Assembly department, combining packaging items, bringing added value for specific customers. Office Manager 2000 to 2011
Provided managerial support, training and supervision of 10 - 12 co-workers in Customer Service, Purchasing, Just-In-Time
(JIT), and Administration Departments.
• Led and directed sales, design, procurement, and distribution of products, improving efficiencies.
• Represented Division during periodic Surveillance Quality Audits conducted by contracted ISO Quality registrar, resulting in successful certifications.
• Created and conducted Internal Quality Audits of ISO 9001 registered Quality Management System, enabling continuous improvement.
Customer Service and Purchasing 1996 to 2000
• Received orders from Customers and Sales Force via email, fax and telephone, entering data in computer system.
• Sourced, negotiated and processed purchase orders with industry suppliers for custom and commodity packaging products, decreasing costs for company.
A.M. CASTLE METALS COMPANY 1994 to 1996
• Northern CA division of the world’s largest distributor of specialty metals.
• Responsibilities included maintaining online computer inventory in comparison to physical inventory, post inventory reconciliation, disposition of nonconforming material, managing mill and freight claims, investigation of no-stock situations, processing stock reports, etc.
• The various duties required professional interaction with all departments including Inside/Outside Sales, Traffic, Purchasing (located in Chicago) and Operations.
MASTER BOX/PAPER COMPANY, a division of Orora Packaging Solutions North America 1987 to 1994 Cerritos, CA
• Buyer of corrugated products for a major distributor of stock boxes and packaging materials. “Just-in-time” buying with emphasis on stock turnover and keeping ample stock on hand.
• Strong interaction with Sales Staff, and interface with intercompany and outside corrugated manufacturers via computer, telephone, fax and in person.
• Computer utilization to forecast buying based on sales history, while comparing various sources for price and availability.
• Transferred from warehouse position of Leadman/Receiving Manager to pursue this challenging position after 4 years of Operations.
LOCH STEEL INC. 1984 to 1987
Inside Sales/Order Desk
• National Sales of steel pipe based on stock and futures inventories.
• Authority to negotiate sales price to new and existing clients.
• Service and sales to continuing customers along with a high percentage of “cold calling”. CITYWIDE DISTRIBUTING 1983 to 1984
Los Angeles, CA
Outside Sales Representative
• Interacted with retailers in the automotive and hardware markets.
• Inventoried customer stock on a regular basis, placed orders and processed returns for the retailer.
• Aggressive “cold calling” and physical set-up for new retail accounts. TROY-SCHROEDER CORPORATION 1982 to 1983
Outside Sales Representative
• Started on the Order Desk, then promoted to the field selling automotive and hardware products to new and existing accounts.
• Presented price and service programs to potential customers. To Whom it May Concern,
It is my pleasure to recommend Daniel Kemp for his never-ending commitment to customer satisfaction, producing results and going the extra mile to support a company he worked for for many years. Over my thirteen years with Amcor and Orora Packaging Solutions, I have had the pleasure of working with, and recently managing, Daniel Kemp in his role as Project Manager working out of our Sacramento division. Six months ago I was promoted to the role of Regional Vice President, Operations for Orora’s Northwest Region, which included responsibility over the division at which Daniel worked. Daniel has held successive roles over his career with Orora, including Customer Service Manager, Warehouse Manager, Project Manager, and Operations Manager. This has enabled him to build a very well-rounded background and base of experience on which to execute on any new challenges thrown his way. He has clearly learned from each role, and brings a fresh perspective to the issues and opportunities in our competitive environment today. Recently, Daniel was singularly responsible for managing the aged inventory process across all nine distribution divisions in our region. During his time conducting sales representative inventory reviews and holding weekly meetings with the local management team, our aged inventory reserve declined to its lowest level in the past five years. Daniel provided guidance and a relentless attitude toward achieving our inventory targets which was directly related to the inventory result we achieved. Additionally, Daniel stepped up to support the implementation of our SAP ERP in a number of divisions, embracing the change and facilitating training across multiple roles including warehouse (WM) and assembly (PP Lite)
I believe Daniel is a key contributor and can add value to any organization. Please feel free to contact me at 562-***-**** or firstname.lastname@example.org with any other questions. Thank you for your time. David Forrest
Regional Vice President, Operations
Orora Packaging Solutions