SALIM SOUBRA MS CHE
San Jose State University San Jose, CA
Master of Science in Chemical Engineering Dec 2019 California State University, Fullerton Fullerton, CA Bachelor of Science in Chemistry Jan 2016
IBM Research Center San Jose, CA
Research Intern Feb 2019 – Dec 2019
- Assisted in enhancing the synthesis protocol of an antibacterial polymer.
- First to develop a drug delivery vehicle for this antibacterial polymer by integrating the material into nanoparticles.
- Analyzed the structure of polymers using proton NMR, Gel Permeation Chromatography, & Dynamic Light Scattering. NWT Corporation San Jose, CA
Laboratory Technician Jan 2017 – Dec 2019
- Analyzed water samples from over 30 national nuclear power plants containing Fe, Li, Cu, & Zn using Atomic Absorption.
- Prepared standard solutions used for analysis in nuclear Pressurized & Boiling water reactors.
- Assisted the head chemical engineer in various simulation projects. QMS and MS office was implemented to analyze data. North American Science Association Irvine, CA
Laboratory Technician Dec 2015 – Jul 2016
- Responsible for Wet Chemistry testing on medical devices, analyzing specific elements to ensure they meet the acceptance criteria of the U.S. Pharmacopia.
- Contributed to writing SOPs, Test Methods, Protocols, and Work instructions.
- Expertise in the use of microscopes, micrometers, calipers, and other laboratory instruments used for medical device analysis.
- Well-developed understanding in medical device manufacturing process validations (IQ/OQ/PQ). CSUF Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry Fullerton, CA Researcher Dec 2014 – Jan 2016
- Used a Schlenk line to analyze samples from a reaction cell.
- Collected samples of NO2 in air & soil, and then, analyzed the samples using GC-MS to observe reaction kinetics.
- Extensively used & performed miscellaneous hardware repairs on a Fourier-transform infrared spectroscopy.
- Published undergraduate research paper in Vol. 18 of DIMENSIONS (CSUF Research Journal). SKILLS
- In depth understanding of science – chemistry, physics, and engineering fundamentals.
- Expertise in data analysis, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, unit operations, and alternative energy.
- Advanced in design and operation of chemical plants, units, reactors, and other equipment.
- Designed and simulated plant performances using Pro/II SimSci process simulator.
- Software experience, including Matlab, R studio, Simulink, CAD modeling, and MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Knowledge using Batch and Flow reactors, Rotary evaporators, Centrifuges, and gloveboxes.
- Extensive knowledge using chemistry analysis techniques, such as Infrared spectroscopy, UV-vis spectroscopy, Gas Chromatography, and other laboratory test measurement devices.
- Expertise in conducting experiments consisting of polymerizations, concentrations, extractions, and separations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills