MOHD ZULKIFLIE ALI BIN MOHD GHAZALYPMP
NO. *, JLN NONG CHIK HEIGHT 1, TMN NONG CHIK HEIGHT, 80100, JOHOR BAHRU, JOHOR.
NUMBERS of EXPERIENCE: 17 years of total working experience Jul 2017 – Present (2 years 8 months)
Senior Project Manager - Upstream Production Facility (Subsea) Aker Solutions (Subsea) Selangor, Malaysia
Industry Oil / Gas / Petroleum - Specialization Engineering - Oil/Gas Role Project Management - Position Level Senior Manager Monthly Salary MYR 18,000
Malaysia Subsea XMT - Rotan & Buluh Field (Sabah Water) Valued USD95mil Norwegian's Subsea XMT Statoil Equinor - FramEast and VIsund, Valued USD21mil Norwegian's Subsea XMTWinterShall NOVA - Valued USD108mil Responsible to execute and manage:
1. Customer Relation management
2. Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning and Delivery 3. Cost and Planning management
4. Stakeholder management
5. QHSE management
6. Resource development and improvement
- Head for overall execution of the EPCIC subsea projects and its scope of supply (Christmas Trees, Tie-Ins, Controls, MOPU Structures, Wellheads, Assembly and Test, Offshore Hook-Up and Commissioning and Handover).
- Responsible for Strategic Leadership of the project
- Representative in front client and is responsible for client satisfaction
- Has bottom responsibility for all aspects of the performance of project (technical,schedule, cost, quality and safety)
- Ensure projects compliance with company policies and legal requirement
- Responsible for delivering the project as-sold (or better) and responsible for accurate reporting and forecasting
- Responsible for managing project risk and opportunity for change order
- Establishing a high-performance safety culture.
- Delivering the project accordance to the approved budget and baseline schedule
- Effectively define role and responsibility and authorities for repartees
- Ensure that the Main Contract and Subcontracts are correctly administered, including agreement to the variation of SOW.
- Ensuring the project activities (fabrications, welding’s, assemblies, testing, hook-up, commissioning, hand-over, etc) adhere to the requirements of the Quality Management System, HSE Management System, Project Execution Plan, Contract Management, Resource Training Management and Management of Change.
- Managed and be responsible for overall project team performance and render relevant supports where require for project assurance in performance and delivery.
- Spearheaded interface/liaising with clients in overall project requirement and deliverables.
- Responsible to establish and sustain affinity relationship with relevant parties which include inter-department heads and leaders, for assurance of execution smoothness within projects.
- Extend warmth supports/ideas with satisfactory guidance to Project Managers on managing their role and responsibilities.
- Managed cross-functional team while assisting other project manager in overseeing the manpower and resources management
- Chaired the project meetings (with company and client) for providing sufficient update or sharing any highlight with mitigation plan.
- Spearheaded cross-discipline department heads in determining progress issues approaches and mitigating technical issues related to project.
- Ensure robust decision-making process is utilized and recorded.
- Overseeing contingency planning and lesson learnt for all activity especially scope of Engineering, Fabrication, and Construction and Installation.
- Responsible that the close out activities are properly performed and documents submitted as required by the contract and per original SOW or approved SOW.
Aug 2013 - Jul 2017 - 4 years
Project Manager - Facility Maintenance and Upgrade (Upstream &Downstream) PETRONAS Carigali Sdn. Bhd. Sarawak, Malaysia
Industry Oil / Gas / Petroleum - Specialization Engineering - Oil/Gas Role Project Management - Position Level Manager
Project Involved : Construction of Miri Crude Oil Terminal (MCOT) New Operation Centre of Administration Building, Upgrade of Tukau Platform Watermaker Processing Module Structure, Upgrade of Tukau Platform Instrument Air Compressor Skid Module Structure, Upgrade of D35 Platform HVAC Package System, Modification West Lutong Platform Package Safety Element System Module, Modification of Baram Platform Microturbine Generator Module, Tukau Platform Living Quarters Chiller and Fresh Water Upgrade, MCOT Bridge Interlink Upgrade, MCOT Crude Transfer Pump and Power Generator Module, Bakau Plaform Production Shelter Module and Upgrade of Remote Trunkline Module for Bakau Platform. 1. Manage, Control & Deliver scope of FEED Stage, Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Installation and Commissioning (EPCIC) projects for facilities upgrade, maintenance and modification. Delivered task on a timely manner, meeting the QHSE requirement, on budget with cost effective and planning support to projects as required.
2. Lead, manage and control the development of budgetary for approval of with cost estimates, resource allocation and planning schedules for every project assigned within cluster . 3. Lead and supervise procedures, project strategy and associated execution plans with Primavera or Ms Project and other project documentation.
4. Lead and handle every element of bid specifications (RFQ,ITB,TCM,etc)tender plan and review tender submissions prior to contract award, and including contracting procedure and documentation. 5. Responsible in potential Change and Variation Order (VO) Register, Account for Potential Changes in cost and schedule forecasts. Oversaw change management while rendering technical assurance and integrity of all projects deliverables as well as minimizing possible risks. 6. Manage the details in project progress updates for planned periodic project reporting and other progress information for management and stakeholders review. 7. Pilots the communication champions with the execution of the objectives and provisions of Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) policies and Codes of Conduct and Discipline (COCD), PETRONAS Technical Standards (PTS) and undertake appropriate mitigation and/or intervention programme to safeguard business operations, high staff discipline and industrial harmony.
8. Demonstrate leadership and commitment to excellent HSSE performance in support of personable responsibilities and accountabilities with competent working team that will enhance and sustain staff capabilities in achieving high performance deliverable.
9. Led as leadership in the development of project risks to provide for identification, mitigation and monitoring of which to be incorporated into the project execution plan. 10. Worked closely with engineering and operations department while liaising with contractors as well as external parties.
11. Generated project status reports while presenting monthly project performance report of big tickets projects to Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd – Sarawak Operations Leadership Team. 12. Provided guidance and mentoring to all subordinates to enhance professional development. Supervised a team of project & seeding engineers and project personnel in facilitating the delivery of brownfield Facilities Improvement Projects (FIP) encompassing FEED, Detailed design, procurement as well as construction projects within set timeframes and budget.
Apr 2009 - Aug 2013 - 4 years 5 months
PROJECT MANAGER - Upstream Production Facility (Subsea) OneSubsea (Cameron Malaysia International Subsea) Johor, Malaysia Industry Oil / Gas / Petroleum - Specialization Engineering - Oil/Gas Role Project Management - Position Level Manager
Among Project Involved:
1. Egypt’s Rashed Petroluem Energy – Bullurus’s Christmas Tree and Wellhead Project, 2. Egypt’s PHPC BP Hap’y Field Phase II – BP TAURT Christmas Tree, 3. Equatorial Guinea, AFRICA – Noble Energy ALEN XT Project, 4. Brazil – Petrobras Global Christmas Tree Project. 1) Closely work with the Bid and Proposals team prior to contract award to ensure full understanding of contract terms, Scope of Delivery and lastly led an effective project kick-off. Collaborate with project team; engages and extracts resources at the appropriate times to manage execution issues and maintain cost performance. 2) Supported Senior Project Manager and Head of Projects, and managed EPCC with positive chemistry team bonding which inclusive overseas region supports upon contract award up until contract closure. Manoeuvred the team with proper elaboration on project objectives and scopes throughout the project life cycle. Controlled the performance monitoring of the overall expenditure encircling project management team CAPEX & OPEX utilization, project scheduling as well as quality control and assurance. 3) Ensures that the Project Management Process is effectively utilized. Solicits support from the project sponsor/stakeholder as needed and leverages the gate keeper function to ensure the continued health of the project. Develops plans to ensure the required deliverables and documentation fully satisfy requirements to progress to the next phase of project in a timely manner. 4) Supports and manage Assembly & Engineering Manager and testing personnel in system testing and qualification such as FAT and EFAT.
5) Led in operational safety activities such as HAZIDS, HAZOPS, FMEA, risk analysis and reliability studies. Ensures that health, safety, environmental and quality standards and requirements are maintained throughout the life of the project. Apply all requirements on subsea quality standard as per project calls. 6) Led every works closely with the customer to align processes and expectations within the contract such as management of change.Ensures project status is reported to customer, project sponsor, OS management, and other stakeholders in a timely manner with emphasis on outstanding issues, potential changes, and adverse trends or risks. Maximizes financial metrics including SAP, S-curves, economic value added, indirect cost, etc. 7) Led the Management of Change process to identify and record all scope changes and the impact on cost, schedule and quality. Controlled and managed customer deviation and concession. 8) Led coordination of all handover and closeout activities including customer satisfaction evaluations, updated key performance metrics, closeout reports/documentation for operations, and training. 9) Led and managed Christmas Tree (XT) product quality assurance before shipment and succeed the coordination of deliver and installation of the XT/wellhead as per agreed timeline 10) Conducts lessons learned, audits, reviews and providing feedback to the organization for continuous improvement.
Feb 2008 - Apr 2009 - 1 year 3 months
Project LEAD Mechanical Package (Upstream Production Facility) RAMUNIA FABRICATOR SDN BHD Johor, Malaysia
Industry Oil / Gas / Petroleum - Specialization Engineering - Oil/Gas Role Project Management - Position Level Senior Executive Project Involved: SSB Cili Padi Gas Development and PCSB Angsi IV Development 1. Supervised tendering of mechanical package as such:
- Provide a quality manner and efficient bid proposal values, evaluating all bid exposures and technical / commercial visibility.
- Prepare technical and commercial proposals for clients’ RFQ or ITB. Review of ITB documentations for completeness, content and comprehension of scope of work.
- Prepare all cost databases for unit package and cost estimation using proper estimation methodology.
- Produce necessary reports, databases and updates for management review. To ensure all proposal submitted are beneficiary and produce positive turnover for the company and fulfil Client’s objectives. 2. Led and supervised commissioning of Mechanical Package as such :
- Supervised and monitored on troubleshoots with proper plan, organize, coordinate and execute the start-up and commissioning of the mechanical equipment Air Compressor and Air Dryer Package, Corrosion Inhibitor Injection Pump Package, etc...
- Monitoring and supervise manpower supply and progress update for the commissioning and report the progress accordingly to the Project Manager.
- Reviewed and present with efficient communicate in the discussion and meeting with client during job execution and deliver the works according to the scope and requirement, up to client satisfactory.
- Conducting workplace’s inspection prior of work permits signing. Conducted onsite inspection and ensure no clashes occurred during the job commencement.
- Monitor and supervise Hydrotest, NDT,PMI test,Dye-Pen test, Ultrasonic test, WQT, Visual Inspection test, etc .
- Liaised with related local authorities including BOMBA, DOSH, APMM, PDRM and DOE. Spearheaded cross- discipline department heads in determining design approaches and mitigating technical issues related project. 3. Led project's mechanical package during engineering stage as such :
- Monitor, supervise, plan, organize, support and coordinate/review engineering disciplinary team in performing design and analysis to meet design specification based on contruction needs, FEED, involving P&ID, Isometric, As Built, Shopdrawing etc.
- Closely monitor, advise, review, supervise and coordinate the interdepartmental engineering disciplinary MTO, PR, TBE, etc.
- Advise, monitor and supervise in every Technical and Commercial Meeting for Mechanical Equipment Package among the vendor for technical clarifications and commercials negotiation.
- Communicate actively with the Project Manager/Eng'g Manager/Client during the commercial interface in providing detail justification. Monitor and supervise in safety walkabout every week with client and chaired the safety meeting for current work progress and responsible as a Senior Authorized Personnel for Permit to Work application.
- Monitoring the utilization of resources against budgeted costs and forecasted project costs. Monitor and supervise construction's daily progress and update the progress for daily progress report.
Aug 2003 - Feb 2008 - 4 years 7 months
PROJECT ENGINEER (Upstream Production Facility)
Malaysia Marine and Heavy Engineering Sdn Bhd Johor, Malaysia Industry Oil / Gas / Petroleum - Specialization Engineering - Oil/Gas Role Project Management - Position Level Senior Executive Project Involved :
SEADRILL T9 Drilling Barge, MDFT FPSO KIKEH, MISC FPSO RUBY
1. Assisted Project Manager and Construction Manager for EPCIC projects on FPSO and Drilling Barge in Marine Conversion Dept.
2. Monitored, highlighted and supervised Project Planning Packages that includes Detailed Engineering, Procurement, Fabrication, Construction, Conversion, Testing and Commissioning.
3. Supervised and monitored project progress and advise Project Manager on the project status, highlighting any delayed activities, probable cause and possible remedial action to be taken.
4. Prepared weekly and monthly progress reports for submission to the client. Taking and prepare minutes of meeting for weekly and monthly progress meeting. Monitored, supervised and conducted daily Toolbox meeting and Weekly HSE meeting, inclusive daily walkabout and weekly walkabout.
5. Monitored and supervised with PMT, engineering team, planning and control, Procurement and subcontracting on matters pertaining to construction progress and Schedule.
6. Led and participated in preparing project’s Contingency Plan and Recovery Plan in Order to overcome the negative variance in the weekly progress. Discussion among the PMT and Construction Manager to provide efficient plan to overcome delay 7. Monitored and supervised in order to ensuring compliance of the entire HSE requirement for offshore fabrication/field works. Communicate and interact well in discussion on job execution during Offshore with client. Act as SAP for Permit to Work application.
8. Led in sub-con TBE and SCR interview prior to job awarded prior preparing the final TBE
9. Led and supervised planned hydrotest, NDT, Inclining Test, Alignment test, DyePen test, visual inspection, Positive Pressure test, pre-commissioning, commissioning, punchlist clearance, etc.
Expected Salary MYR 23,400
Preferred Work Location Anywhere in Malaysia
Attended multiple courses and memberships:
1. Certified for Primavera user Involved in FPSO KIKEH project, a benchmark project of Malaysia 2. Registered as a Professional Engineer with Board of Engineer (BEM) and Institute of Engineer, Malaysia A member of BEM/IEM since 2008 and attended multiple seminar regarding Oil and Gas. 3. Member of Royal Institute of Naval Architecture. A member of RINA since 2008 and attended multiple seminar regarding Oil and Gas.
4. Registered with NIOSH as Senior Authorised Personnel on QHSE. Authorised personnel who endorsed all permit to work at site.
5. Attended course of Project Risk Assessment Organized by Petronas and an added knowledge as a PMT. 6. Member of Project's Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment & Risk Control (HIRARC) Committee 7. Attended course of Safety Awareness related to Factory and Machine Act 1967, Occupational Safety and Health Association 1994 and Fire Service Act 1988 . 8. Certified with Helicopter and Boat Underwater Survival Training 9. Certified PMP with training and certification course 10. President of ALUMNI (2019-2021) Universiti Teknikal Malaysia 11. In progress of completing my Engineering IR for professionalism certification PERSONAL INTEREST
Undertaking Challenging Tasks, Learning New Stuff, Swimming, Driving, Travelling, Sports and Adventures Activity EDUCATION
BACHELOR DEGREE (HONS) in ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING (MECHATRONICS) UNIVERSITI TEKNIKAL MALAYSIA, Melaka.
Anchor to be the focal spokesman for Department during company’s Engagement. Session which organized every quarterly year. Maintain positive and solid bonding with communication with the stakeholder from both perspective of client management and internal company. Enhancement to audience in positive waves with routine practice and application it in normal life. Deliberately shared story for happy and healthy life style when come to work-life- balance.
Love with enthusiasm to provide good role model, with proper mentoring and coaching activity or talks during weekly PMT meeting. Accept mistake for the first timer and fresh seeding team, walk together with them to deliver success. Listen to other opinion and knowledge or experience sharing and gather all for delivering a strategized project. Support team that require further training and proposing established training module for team career development, at the same time closing all their skill's gaps. Page 8
SENIOR MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL
Over 16 years’ successful track record in overseeing full cycle implementation of numerous oil and gas design, procurement as well as construction and hook-up commissioning projects within set schedule and budget.
Well versed in strategic negotiations, project planning and cost estimations as well as contract management coupled with solid management expertise.
Knows as a vital and resourceful organization leader with strong acumen in optimizing the utilization of resources and capital expenditures.
Demonstrated exceptional understanding in the exploration and production standards of major oil operator across the region. CORE COMPETENCIES
Team Management Tendering and Bidding Procurement & Cost Control Project Management Engineering Design Performance Management Strategic Negotiations Planning and Control Contract Management Risk Management Coaching & Mentoring Quality Assurance Government Liaison Contractors Management Governance & Compliance Lean 6 Sigma Process Continuous Improvement Mitigation Management CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
Successfully brainstormed to deploy a contract based on KPI for contractors covering the areas of HSE, Quality & Schedule to achieve sustainable performance from contractors for two major contracts worth RM350m leading to the elimination of Price of Non- Conformance valued at RM6m.
Spearheaded the negotiations with a consultant to reduce the proposed costs for the Type IV Cost Estimate scope in work order from RM1.4m to RM0.85m without any scope change. The estimation made for PCSB insurance claim on 2012 fire incident on TUKAU platform.
Brainchild of the Earned Value Technique (EVT) for all project planning during engineering to successfully complete major projects on schedule while reducing the risk of unplanned production deferment from 80% to 12%.
Commanded Safety Control Element project for upgrading all WEST LUTONG platforms Safety Level 1 items and successfully delivered the project ahead schedule and carried an execution cost saving to RM0.9m. The first RM8.0m project recorded completion within 6- months with full handover without open punch-list. Page 9
BEST HSE COMPLIANCE (5-Steps-Back)
April 2008 – Cameron Subsea - PROJECT HSE DAY - MILESTONE ACHIEVEMENT FOR HSE INTERVENTION
MOST OUTSTANDING LEAN 6s LEADER (Green Belt Cat)
Aug 2010 - Cameron Subsea - PROJECT BP TAURT HSE DAY BEST PROJECT VEP COST OPTIMIZATION
Sept 2016 - PCSB SKOIL PROJECT COST MANAGEMENT AWARD BEST HSE OBSERVATION 2019
Nov2019 – AKER SOLUTION HSE Day
Ir. Hj Mat Ali Hj Parjo
Project Dept, Aker Solutions, PK & KL,
Tel : 013-****-***
Ir. Zulkarnain Hj. Baba
Lead Engineer (Site, Infrastructure and Offsite),
PETRONAS RAPID PROJECT,
Level 3, Menara JCorp,
249, Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel : 012-***-****