Richard A. Durig 612-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org Lakeville, MN 55044
V i ce President of Sales & Marketing
Top performing executive using sales and marketing best practices to increase revenue, lead divisions to achieve the highest levels of recognition, and create new pipelines to expand businesses. Exceptional leader respected for managing and closing large complex transactions. Business tactician studies trends to reverse seven consecutive YOY declines for Key Lifetouch Division. Conduit of positive transformation and willing to implement protocols to cause positive changes. Recognized for a strong work ethic, integrity, and a high degree of personal initiative.
Sales & Marketing – Business Negotiations – Division Leadership – P&L – Talent Development – Business Development
Account Development & Management – Contract Management – Strategic Planning – Operations Management
Principal & Managing Principal
• Led division to be “Tip of the Spear” for IBM to expand C-Suite presence in Healthcare vertical.
• Served as Lead Consultant to US government’s ~$40B Federal Employee Health Program (FEHP). Senior Vice President of Sales & Marketing
• Positioned company for it’s 2nd round of financing worth $43.8M.
• Negotiated and landed world class clients, including Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield in NY. President, CEO & Director
• Elevated membership by +300% to ~50K, revenue from $250K to $750K, and proposal pipeline from 30 per month to 260 per month.
• Constructed distribution infrastructure from 0 brokers/agents to 20+. Career Overview
Returned to IBM 2018-Present
Large Deal Pursuit Lead
• Returned to previous Role at IBM, responsible for leading large complex transactions greater than 100 million.
• One of Nine leaders globally responsible for integrating deal management between Global technology Services (GTS) and Global Business Services (GBS).
• Upon return moved first two major transactions assigned to final down select, Total value $500 million
Lifetouch Church Directories & Portraits 2016 – 2018 Acting COO – Vice President Sales
Champion responsibilities of COO for the division and help position the company for acquisition by Shutterfly in Apr. 2018.
• Restructured entire field organization of 175+ representatives, separated sales and service, skyrocketing selling capacity by 80%, and turned company from Sliding Sales Division into growth engine for enterprise within 6 months.
Daugherty Business Solutions 2014 – 2016
Vice President – Enterprise Sales Team Leader Minneapolis Office Team Lead Led top-line revenue growth and overall P&L of Minneapolis office. Formed strategic approaches for enterprise accounts to attain company goals. Administered all facets of sales and marketing functions through leadership of consultants in a large team. Catered to client needs with high-end IT staffing in Big Data, Predictive Analytics, and Information Management.
• Developed professionalism of 127 professional consultants for effective leadership.
• Employed focus and reliability to produce $50M in revenue.
• Carefully targeted, captured, and developed Fortune 500 enterprise accounts. Computer Sciences Corporation 2012 – 2014
North America Sales Manager, Senior Partner – Healthcare Inspired and managed success of healthcare services sales partners across US and Canada. Piloted account growth and new business development while guiding Sales Partner in creating and managing strategic consulting, outsourcing, and technology integration projects for company’s North American payer and provider accounts.
Richard A. Durig 612-***-**** email@example.com Lakeville, MN 55044 Page 2 Career Overview (Continued)
• Strategically orchestrated $300M in annual revenue/total contract value.
• Coached and directed talented team of 20 North American sales partners.
• Negotiated win-win outcomes for commercial and government entities. International Business Machines (IBM) 1998 – 2012
Client Solutions Executive – IBM Strategic Outsourcing in Global Technology Services (GTS) Headed, negotiated, and closed large outsourcing bids within healthcare industry and public sector. Managed teams of ~25 professionals per contract within matrix organization. Oversaw marketing and positioning of all IBM Global Technology Services lines within healthcare accounts, including traditional technical and infrastructure outsourcing and business process outsourcing.
• Diplomatically negotiated and secured $550M, sole-source Healthnet contract to abolish all other competitors; IBM selected strategy as the baseline for future contracts.
• Closed $2.5B in revenue/total contract value (TCV).
• Recognized Principal & Segment Leader of Business Innovation Services Division. Early Career Experience
EhealthDirect 2000 – 2002
Senior Vice President of Sales & Marketing
Global Services Division & Public Sector of Business Innovation Services 1998 – 2000 Principal & Managing Principal
Minnesota Dental Benefits 1997 – 1998
President, CEO & Director
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota 1995 – 1997
Vice President, Marketing & Chief Marketing Officer (Acting COO) of Aware Integrated Systems Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota 1993 – 1995
Director of Information
Master of International Management (MIM) in International Strategic Market Planning American Graduate School of International Management, Thunderbird Campus Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration & Spanish (Cum Laude) University of St. Thomas