**-** ***** ***** ****** PARK GARDENS, NEW YORK 11423
(718) 288 - 8227
To utilize my academic preparation, technical experience, and project management skills in a professional working environment to execute organizational objectives.
State University of New York Maritime College Throggs Neck, NY Bachelor of Science, Marine Transportation January 2016 LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
• General Dynamics – Electric Boat
-Steam & Electric Plant Test Engineer Qualification on Nuclear Submarines June 2018
• Transportation Workers Identification Credentials October 2017
• SUNY Maritime College: Relevant Certifications as per STCW Code April 2012 - January 2016
-Advanced Fire Fighting, Global Maritime Distress & Safety Systems, Medical First Aid, Survival Craft & Lifeboatman
• United States Coast Guard January 2016
-Third Mate, Unlimited Tonnage
-Company/Vessel/ Facility Security Officer as per USCG
-Tankerman - Person in charge (Barge)
• American Red Cross Adult First Aid/CPR/AED January 2016
• FEMA Emergency Management Institute December 2015
-IS - 00700.a - National Incident Management System (NIMS)
-IS - 00100.b - Introduction to Incident Command Systems
-IS - 00393.a - Introduction to Hazard Mitigation, also PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
General Dynamics - Electric Boat Groton, CT
Mechanical Test Engineer October 2017 - Present
• Perform hydrostatic and other mechanical acceptance testing on ship systems onboard overhaul and new construction submarines.
• Perform the duties of a Mechanical Safety Technician analyzing and completing lockout/tagout procedures to ensure the safety of naval personnel and shipyard trades working on ship systems containing hazardous energy.
• Ensure compliance with policies and procedures and interface with naval personnel and shipyard trades during and following procedural/safety briefs to ensure the safe and concise completion of high-risk evolutions.
• Operate as a first responder to execute crisis and emergency procedures. Masters Mates & Pilots Elizabeth, NJ
Port Relief Officer May 2016 - October 2017
• Person in charge of cargo watch stowage and discharge evolutions, including direction of ship’s crew and competition of necessary in-port paperwork.
• Oversaw compliance with safety procedures and regulations. Training Ship Empire State VI Throggs Neck, NY
1/c Supply Rate May-August 2014
3/c Deck Cadet June-August 2012
• Developed leadership and communication skills by supervising and instructing underclass cadets.
• Maintained vessel security while in port and stood both navigational and security watches on the Training Ship Empire State VI while at sea and during piloting.
• Organized and cataloged records of ship's stores to ensure the effective distribution of supplies amongst ship’s crew.
• Gave overall verbal assessments of progress, safety concerns, and ongoing projects concerning vessel's supply distribution. Reinauer LLC Staten Island, NY
Deck Cadet – Tankerman PIC June-August 2013
• Participated in activities related to cargo operations, specifically loading and unloading of petroleum products, and adherence to environmental regulations.
• Participated as a member of the bridge team during navigation related activities.
• Performed necessary problem solving and analytical work to ensure cargo operations were completed effectively. COMPUTER & WRITING SKILLS
• Excellent Microsoft Office Suite, Windows 10, IOS, and Cargo Max skills; Knowledge of Adobe Suite and AutoCAD.