SAVETRIA NICOLE PALMER
Highly qualified Nurse Educator with excellent collaboration and leadership skills. Driven, hardworking and Army Veteran and Registered Nurse bringing demonstrated patient care, medication monitoring and treatment management expertise. Adaptable and resilient with strong attention to detail, clinical expertise and emergency response experience. Bringing a 30-year record of success in nursing.
CHAMBERLAIN COLLEGE OF NURSING - Visiting Professor Arlington, VA
12/2016 - Current
ANDREW RADER PRIMARY/PEDIATRIC CARE HEALTH CLINIC - Registered Nurse/Team Nurse
12/2013 - 11/2019
• Performed independent, comprehensive telephone and clinical triaging, and facilitate care coordination through a multidisciplinary approach firstname.lastname@example.org
Bowie, MD 20720
North Central University (Doctoral
Ph.D.: Nursing Education
Master of Science: Nursing Education
Trident Technical College
Associate of Science: Nursing
Supervise student groups in clinical areas (Long-term care, Adult Health I, II and Complex Health)
Plans clinical experiences for and provides direct supervision and evaluation of nursing students delivering nursing care to an individual or group of individuals
Evaluates and provides documented feedback to student on level of performance (formative and summative) based on course objectives
Assists with facilitating the use of simulation for education, performance improvement, research, and equipment evaluation
Orients and maintains current knowledge related to agency/clinical policies, procedures, and expectations with the assistance of the agency/clinical personnel
Develops and posts written clinical assignments consistent with student's knowledge base, skill competency and individual learning needs
Develops simulation scenarios in conjunction with faculty to meet the needs of students
● Recommends remediation as needed
● Clinical Experience
● Acute Care
● Clinical supervision
● Leadership and mentoring abilities
● Infection Control
• Established priorities for patient care and evaluates patient's progress toward high-level wellness
• Provided evidence-based patient education as an integral part of the service offered
Made psychosocial assessment of patients to identify significant cultural practices, the ability to understand and cooperate, and expectations of care and coping mechanisms
• Acted as a relief nurse, triages and screens walk-in patients to assess the severity of the patient's condition and the need for provider intervention
• Assisted clinic with patient and staff education projects
• Evaluated the effectiveness of educational activities
• Ensured staff compliance with maintenance of competency folders accordance with hospital and Joint Commission standards Coordinates patient referrals to support services provided through the internal and external community, or the TRICARE network
• Provided education to the parents of pediatric patients, such as newborn care, anticipatory guidance, and childhood diseases PRINCE GEORGES COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS - School Nurse Oxon Hill, MD
01/2013 - 08/2013
• Responsible for the assessment of competency gap and learning needs of high school students, teachers and parents
• Planned developed and implemented educational in-services for high school students, teachers and parents
• Served as consultant high school students, teachers and parents
• Provided direct nursing care for acute and chronically ill students
• Provided case management for chronically ill and disabled students
• Identified goals and outcomes relating to chronically ill and disabled students Provide preventative care and health education
• Responsible for SR5 (Student Health Record) audits to ensure compliance to Federal, State, and local health related guidelines and regulations Prepared monthly reports for upper management
• Developed a nursing plan of care while providing appropriate family/patient education and counseling
• Collaborated with community resources and family members to provide specialized nursing care
WALTER REED NATIONAL MILITARY CENTER (Contract) - Nurse Manager/Medical Surgical Unit
08/2007 - 08/2013
• Responsible to the Chief Nurse Executive and Senior Director for: 24 hour accountability of 75 nursing and secretarial staff for the delivery of safe, quality patient care, staffing guidelines, unit budget, care delivery models, patient care initiatives, program development, compliance with regulatory guidelines, quality improvement, resource utilization, interviewing and hiring, employee orientation, staff development and facilitation of system, hospital and unit projects in the following cost centers: 60-bed Med/Surg Unit.
• Accountable for facilitative leadership, strategic planning and team building for a management team composed of 2 Nurse Managers. Accomplishments:
• Implementation of staff accountability and adherence to Hospital's cultural beliefs and patient satisfaction initiatives for my units.
• Fiscal/Budgetary: Directed experience in managing all phases of the operational and capital budgets to meet or exceed organizational benchmarks.
• Patient/Staff Safety: Focused on falls and medication education. In 2008, my unit was the only inpatient unit at Walter Reed to achieve a fall rate below the national benchmark.
• Successful completion of TeamSTEPPS Training and a member of the implementation
7224TH UNITED STATES ARMY RESERVE - Army Nurse Corp Charleston, SC
10/2000 - 09/2004
Roper Hospital - Infection Control Nurse
02/2000 - 11/2006
Directed collection, organization and application of field intelligence and combat data to enhance troop safety and operational success.
Managed all aspects of administrative and personnel needs of ground supply operations.
Ordered, unloaded, sorted and tracked supplies and equipment needed for unit activities.
Oversaw teams planning, implementing and realigning field and base operational strategies.
Supervised manual and automated supply strategies, and connected with supply and data processing teams to facilitate communication and collaboration.
● Ordered office supplies and researched supplier discounts resulting in Determined and recommended methods to address improvement opportunities.
Managed and archived quality documentation and participated in internal and external quality audits.
Reviewed post-operative orders and continuously monitored patients' post-operative vitals, set up PCA and fluids and oriented patients to the unit to achieve optimal outcomes
Monitored patient condition, including interpreting and tracking EKG readings, identifying irregular telemetry readings and updating team members on changes in stability or acuity
Provided direct patient care, stabilized patients and determined the next course of action.
● Observed and reported patient condition, progress, and medication Affiliations
Honors and Awards:
Senatorial Scholarship, 2011
Department of the Army Achievement Award, 2018
Relevant Graduate Coursework
Leadership and Management
side effects to accurately document updates.
Monitored patient reactions after administering medications and IV therapies.
Quickly responded to situations impacting safety and security to the unit, actualizing crisis prevention interventions to control and de-escalate situations.
Updated patient charts using Meditech with data such as medications to keep records current and support accurate treatments.
● Sigma Theta Tau Honor Society of Nursing
● American Nurses Association