Branchburg, NJ *****
SUMMARY Experienced CPG professional with a diverse background of over 8 years in Packaging Machinery Automation, Package Engineering and Project Management. Skilled in package development, process improvement, machine automation, risk analysis/mitigation and portfolio management. Successfully executed packaging line implementations and commissioning as engineering lead from concept to commercialization with GMP and FDA requirements. Highly organized and efficient with proven technical skills and ability to motivate.
CHURCH & DWIGHT CO., INC.
ASSOCIATE MACHINERY SPECIALIST – R&D PRODUCT ENGINEERING MAR. 2011 - CURRENT
- Commissioned packaging lines for A&H Baking Soda pouch, Vitafusion Gummy Vitamins, A&H/OxiClean Liquid Laundry, A&H Cat Litter, OxiClean Powder tubs, A&H Unit Dose Detergent, Trojan condom cartoning, A&H Scent Booster tottle, Nair tottle, A&H and Extra Deodorant and Kaboom aerosols.
- Draft and execute CER, FMEA, Design for Manufacturability, FAT through IQ/OQ/PQ and manage technical-transfer handoff between R&D and Operations.
- Designing e-commerce SIOC/FFP packaging for Amazon and E-commerce products.
- Implemented project-based failure and risk aversion tools, presented across 6 manufacturing locations with corporate adoption at 4 locations.
- Development of corporate quality “go/no-go” gauge utilizing internal 3D modeling and prototype printing capabilities on A&H Scent Booster bottles. PACKAGING LAB ASSOCIATE - R&D PACKAGING MAR. 2015 – FEB. 2017
- Coordinated and executed manufacturing plant trials with focus on package/equipment capability to improve operational efficiencies.
- Developed packaging specifications and technical protocols for new products, testing innovative new products, formulas and fragrances under development.
- Report on packaging innovations being evaluated and provide data driven feedback on Unit Dose Detergent Pod/Pouch qualifications, Liquid laundry coloration changes, Cat Litter formulation variations.
Page 2 of 2 Joseph Giambrone
PACKAGING LAB TECHNICIAN - R&D PACKAGING MAR. 2011 – FEB. 2015
- Qualify new OxiClean laundry detergent tub and scoop design. Project highlighted as one of company’s top launches in 2014.
- Develop 5S protocol and SOP’s for packaging lab testing and organization.
- Responsible for test plan and test method development for R&D qualification of new A&H Unit Dose Pod Detergent leading to product launch.
- CAD table prototyping of cartons on demand for testing. JOULE SCIENTIFIC (CHURCH & DWIGHT CO., INC.)
PACKAGING LAB TECHNICIAN - R&D PACKAGING OCT. 2010 – FEB. 2011
- Executed lab test requests using ASTM, TAPPI and ISTA methods.
- Responsible for integrating new lab practices increasing process efficiencies. HIGH PERFORMANCE DRIVING INSTRUCTOR – XTREME XPERIENCE MAR. 2017 - CURRENT
- Instructing individuals in high performance exotic automobiles on closed circuit race tracks one on one around the U.S.
- Mastering high pressure and complex communication skills at over 140mph. SKILLS &
- OMAC Board Member
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- Plant Services Magazine Cover Feature – C&D Asset Monitoring, Predictive and Prescriptive Maintenance – April 2019.
- OMAC Connections Newsletter Spotlight – November 2017.
- Pack Expo Las Vegas Innovation Stage Presenter – September 2017.
- Church & Dwight 4DRD Award recipient.
- Church & Dwight peer coach.
EDUCATION B.S., BUSINESS, UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX - 2020