Curriculum Vitae of Makarim Mahir
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Audit and Assurance
Accounting & Finance
Ability to communicate
concisely and articulately
Work independently and
in a team as appropriate
Ability to work under
Ability to provide, handle,
Senior prefect of the
Participated in all island
school annual report
Secretary of the school
islamic majlis and english
Accountant / Auditor
Doha – Qatar
To utilize my knowledge and my abilities toward my career development while dealing with challenges and potential trends and to be a professional by joining a well-established organization which will help me to blend my Theoretical, Practical knowledge, Leadership and Team working abilities. WORK EXPERIENCE
Mushan Holdings (Pvt) Ltd. - www.mushaninternational.com Accountant (July 2019 to December 2019)
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing report.
• Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
• Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
• Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. KPMG - Sri Lanka - www.home.kpmg/lk
Tax Supervisor (Transfer Pricing) (July 2018 to July 2019) Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Assist clients in formulating the most appropriate Transfer Pricing policy.
• Evaluate and report clients in relation to compliance with Transfer Pricing regulations, and provide suggestions to improve documentation to clients.
• Provide guidance to subordinates on performance of their duties and review their work.
• Conduct in-house training to subordinates and peers.
• Preparation of Transfer Pricing documentation in line with the Sri Lankan transfer pricing regulations.
• Undertake benchmarking and economic analyses for various types of transactions.
• Assist clients in preparation of documents to submit to the Department of Inland Revenue
KPMG – Sri Lanka
Senior Audit Associate (April 2016 to June 2018)
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Drafting audit reports, preparation and reviewing of managements letters. Curriculum Vitae of Makarim Mahir
• Responsibilities were checking the preparation of financial statements, finalization of all disclosure requirements of SLAS’s and proof reading of annual reports.
• Preparation of management letters pointing out areas of improvements in the internal controls of the clients.
• Performing and reviewing work in other audit related engagements such as, Solvency test engagements and other special purpose engagements.
• Experience includes clients in various industries including Manufacturing, Insurance, Pharmaceutical, FMCG, Infrastructure, Automobile, Agriculture and Service sectors.
• Gained thorough knowledge in Revenue, Cost of Sales, Expenses, PPE, Cash & Cash equivalents, Debtors management process, taxation, Procurement & suppliers’ management process, Inventory management process etc.
• Preparation/review of financial statements, auditors’ reports and other reports in accordance with relevant standards and legislation.
• Coordination with the audits supervisor, manager and the partner.
• Successfully Implemented e-Audit within the department and provided extensive training to the team members
Island Trading Company
Accounts Clerk (Dec 2014 to Dec 2015)
• Maintaining day book, stock, accounts of the company and Book keeping of Island Trading Company, importers and dealers in ceramics and accessories. PROFESSIONAL & ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS
Association of Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA) – UK (Finalist)
Certificate in Diploma in Computer Studies – 2015
GCE Advanced Level – 2014 (Business Studies- C, Accounting- C, Economics- C & General English- B) PROFFESSIONAL SKILLS & CREDENTIALS
• Was awarded “Effective Performance” grade during annual appraisal process for the year of assessment 2018/19, 2017/18 and 2016/17 as well.
• Involved in KPMG Audit Methodology (KAM) training conducted by the KPMG Business School to staff members.
• Exposure in Oracle, Quick Book and ERP and practical knowledge and experience in the use of Auditing Software Packages. (KPMG E-Audit, IDEA Analytical Software etc.)
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications. PERSONAL DETAILS
Name with Initial : M.M.M. Makarim
Date of birth : 29.06.1995
Nationality : Sri Lankan
Marital Status : Single
Visa Type : Transferable VISA with NOC
NON RELATED REFEREES
Can be provided upon request.
I do hereby declare that the details furnished above are true and correct. Makarim Mahir