Rachael E. Schlueter, RN, MSN, PMHNP-BC
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, New York, Initial Issue October 2015, Valid Thru Oct. 2021 Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) Board Certification, ANCC, Valid thru Oct. 2021 Registered Nurse, New York, Initial Issue July 2003, Valid thru Feb. 2020 Psychiatric Experience
Behavioral Health, William Beaumont Army Hospital, 05/2019-09/2019 (part-time/volunteer hours)
● Behavioral Health case review, liaison, and care coordination for deploying National Guard and Reserve.
● May 2019: 1-month inpatient volunteer experience o Inpatient behavioral health intake assessment; psychotropic medication consultation. Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, 01/2017 – 12/2018, Rochester VA Clinic (2 years, full-time)
● Member, integrated Behavioral Health Team providing collaborative, veteran-centered behavioral health care for U.S. Military veterans with complex behavioral health and medical needs; including substance abuse treatment and SPMI.
● Psychiatric evaluation, consultation, medication management, supportive counseling, and education.
● Adult patients from a variety of sociodemographic areas (urban, rural, homeless, elderly, young-adult, etc.)
● Collaborated with primary care, medical specialty care, social work, substance abuse, and other members of the VHA healthcare team to provide integrative, comprehensive, holistic treatment. PMHNP Student Intern, 08/2014 - 04/2015, Noyes Mental Health, Dansville, NY (460 Clinical hrs.)
● Psychiatric evaluation, counseling, education, and medication management of clients an across the lifespan in a community mental health clinic setting; under supervision of licensed PMHNP.
● Collaboration with multidisciplinary mental health team and primary care, rural community outreach. PMHNP Student Intern, 01/2014 to 04/2014, Batavia VA Integrated BH in Primary Care, Batavia, NY (160 hrs.)
● Psychiatric evaluations, medication management supportive counseling and education to U.S. Veterans in integrated primary care setting.
● Collaboration with primary care team; Psychiatric assessment/treatment under licensed PMHNP. Other Professional Experience
Nurse Case Manager, U.S. Army, 02/2019-01/2020, William Beaumont Army Med Ctr (WBAMC), Ft. Bliss, TX
● Sole nurse case manager, liaison to WBAMC within small medical clinic in remote military training areas.
● Comprehensive case management, collaboration, care coordination, deploying unit support, and patient advocacy in accordance with WBAMC Medical Readiness and Soldier Readiness Processing mission.
● Directly involved in Process Improvement including the drafting/development of Care Standards to manage care of mobilizing/demobilizing National Guard and Army Reserve service members. Major, U.S. Army Reserve, 11/2008 – Present
● Sexual Harassment/Assault Response and Prevention Leader o Victim advocate, subject matter expert, conduct policy briefings for audience of 20-150 personnel
● Master Fitness Trainer: Physical fitness/readiness training, lead implementing new military fitness standards
● Assist with medical and leadership functions during unit assembly readiness/training exercises. Rachael E. Schlueter, RN, MSN, PMHNP-BC
Registered Nurse Experience
Staff RN, Part-time/Per Diem, 07/2012 to 12/2013, Conesus Lake Nursing Home, Livonia, NY
● Supervising RN; supervised 2-6 paraprofessional staff (LPNs and CNAs).
● Provided nursing care/support, education and family support for 20 - 46 residents and rehabilitation patients. Staff RN, Active Duty, Army Nurse Corps, 10/2005 to 11/2008, Bassett Army Community Hospital, AK
● Board-Certified Inpatient labor and delivery RN – triage, antepartum, intrapartum, and postpartum care.
● Mentored/oriented new staff members and provided professional education/training to staff.
● Breastfeeding educator, providing monthly classes to patients and families (10-30 people/class). Staff RN, Active Duty, Army Nurse Corps, 09/2004 to 06/2005, Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, TX
● Medical-surgical unit: Charge nurse, preceptor, staff nurse, float RN, unit process-improvement.
● Cared for military, veterans and family members with complex medical, cardiac, and post-surgical conditions. Clinical Staff RN, 07/2003 to 08/2004, Rochester General Hospital, Rochester, NY
● Medical-Surgical Unit: Charge nurse night shifts, supervised nursing and paraprofessional staff.
● Provided education and post-operative care to adult patients with a wide range of acuity levels. Civilian Education
10/09/2015 Masters of Science in Nursing, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 06/01/2003 Bachelor of Science in Nursing, with Honors University at Buffalo 06/01/2003 Bachelor of Science in Psychology, with High Honors, University at Buffalo Certifications: AHA Basic Life Support (09/2018)
Additional Courses and Special Skills
Nurse Case Management Course (2019), U.S. Army Medical Department (AMEDD) Center and School, Ft. Sam Houston, TX, 120 hr. class + 160 clinical hrs. (Ft. Bliss, TX) Master Fitness Trainer Course (2019), 80 hr. online course, holistic health/fitness program Army Sexual Harassment/Assault Response and Prevention Course, Fort Carson, CO (2014) - 80 hr. course Advanced Officer Leadership Course, U.S. Army Medical Dept. (2012) – Ft. Sam Houston, TX - 90 hr. course OB/GYN Nursing Course (2005), AMEDD, Tripler Army Medical Center, HI – 16 wk., graduate-level course Basic Officer Leadership Course, U.S. Army Medical Dept. (2004) – 12 wk. course Professional Organization Membership/Professional Scholarship American Psychiatric Nurses Association
Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing Phi Kappa Psi International Honor Society of Psychology Community Outreach Presentation, Self-Harm Behavior in Teens, Dansville H.S, NY, 02/2015 CEU Presentation, Exercise in Pregnancy, Tripler AMC, HI, 09/2005 Army ROTC Spirit of Nursing Award, 05/2003
Army ROTC Distinguished Military Graduate, 05/2003