Curriculum vitae – Post doc position
Dr. Nripendra Nath Mishra
Therapeutic Monoclonal Antibody Lab, National Institute of Biologicals, Ministry of Health, Govt of India, A-32, Sector-62, NOIDA, INDIA, email@example.com, +918********* PROFILE:
Highly self-motivated postdoctoral candidate with demonstrated research expertise in virology, particularly anti-viral (HIV, HSV-2 and Influenza) research. Strong interpersonal skills
Experimental techniques: Hybridoma technology, molecular biology (Transfection, expression and purification), Proteomics, cell culturing, FACS and immunological techniques.
Rich experience in Hybridoma technology, Immunological techniques, animal handling, FACS, Proteomics, anti-microbial resistant and antimicrobial/antiviral characterization.
Host-pathogen response in viral infection and role of immune system.
Development of anti-viral compound
Cancer research, particularly role of virus in cancer induction.
Hybridoma technology and monoclonal antibodies
Bioassay Expert (October, 2017-till date)
I am working as a Bioassay Expert in department of “Therapeutic Monoclonal Antibody” at National Institute of Biologicals, Noida, Govt of India. I joined here in October 2017 and my responsibilities are as follows
In-Vitro characterization of humanized monoclonal antibodies like Rituximab, Trastuzumab, Bevacizumab, Pertuzumab, Adalimumab, Ranibizumab against different cancers.
Development of methods and its validation to assure the quality of above mentioned MAbs using different validate bioassay technologies (cell based assay, immunoassay, binding assay).
The Conduct characterization studies for better understanding of product quality attributes and mechanism of action using FACS, CE and SPR method for identification of MAbs.
Development of IRS (Internal reference standards) and Monograph for characterization of MAbs. Collaborate with other Technical R&D functional groups. Research Associate (October, 2014 – September, 2017) I have three years’ experience as a Research Associate (RA) at the National Institute of Immunology (N.I.I), New Delhi in the DBT sponsored project entitled “ Microbicide for prevention of HIV transmission and other sexually transmitted infection: In vitro efficacy and preclinical safety evaluation”
The highlights of the work are enlisted below:
Generation of pseudovirus HIV-1NL4.3 (CXCR4 tropic virus) by transfecting HEK-293 T cells with proviral plasmid DNA clone pNL4.3
Evaluation of anti-HIV-1 activities of anti-HIV compound using reporter gene based assay, evaluation of anti-HSV -2 activities in Vero cells by plaque reduction assay method.
Pre-safety assay of microbicides on vaginal strains of Lactobacilli, Transepithelial Membrane Resistance (TER) on Caco-2 cells and pro inflammatory cytokine estimation in VK2/E6E7 (Vaginal cell line) cells.
I was using a BSL-3 facility for the evaluation of above mentioned activities against pseudovirus and clinical isolates of HIV-1 viruses Additional work: Characterization of different monoclonal antibodies against Influenza HA protein as therapeutic agent.
The highlights of the work are enlisted below:
Purification of MAbs from ascites using Protein G sapharose column for hemagglutination inhibition assay.
Plasmid isolation, restriction digestion and transfection of plasmids for generation of influenza pseudovirus in HEK cells.
Evaluation of immunogenicity and cross reactivity of antibodies against different HA antigens by ELISA.
Research Fellow (March 2007 – Aug 2009)
I have two years 5 months experience as a Junior Research Fellow (JRF) at the CSIR- Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow. in the ICMR sponsored project on development of monoclonal antibody against fungal protein. TEACHING EXPERIENCE (June, 2004 – September, 2007): I have 2 years 9 months experience as a Lecturer at the Sai Institute of Paramedical and Allied Sciences (Affiliated to HNB Garhawal Central University), Dehradun. I also took the responsibility as head of Medical Lab technology department from November 2006 to March 2007.
PhD Biochemistry (2007-2015) Thesis Title: “Biofilm cell surface/cell wall proteins of Candida albicans and generation of monoclonal antibodies for therapeutic and diagnostic use” Supervisor: Dr. Praveen Kumar Shukla
M.Sc Biochemistry (2003) Bundelkhand University, Jhansi, INDIA (66%)
Bachelor of Science (2001) Lucknow University, Lucknow, INDIA (62%) Awards & Fellowships
Awarded with Junior Research Fellowship (JRF), exam conducted by Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), New Delhi. (2006)
Awarded with Senior Research Fellowship (SRF), by Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), New Delhi. (2009)
Qualified in Graduate Aptitude test in Engineering (GATE) for Life Science conducted by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras, Chennai, (2010).
Received appreciation award by CSIR-CDRI for best paper titled “Characterization of Antimicrobial, Cytotoxic, and Antiendotoxin Properties of Short Peptides with Different Hydrophobic Amino Acids at “a” and “d” Positions of a Heptad Repeat Sequence” in J. Med. Chem., 2013, 56 (3), pp 924–939 in 2014. Membership of scientific body
Member of Indian virological society
Member of Antibody society
List of patents awarded and filed
NG Aher, VS Pore, GB Shiva Keshava, Awanit Kumar, Nripendra Nath Mishra, MK Bhat and P.K.Shukla. “Synthesis of new fluconazole analogues containing 1, 2, 3-triazole moiety and having better antifungal spectrum”. Awarded Patent number- 278183, grant date-15/12/2016
Jimut Kanti Ghosh, Sarfuddin, Praveen Kumar Shukla, Nirpendra Nath Mishra, Sandhya Rani Dungdung, Aparna Gomes, Syamal Roy, Prasanta Ghosh & Shamik Bhattacharya. “Short antimicrobial peptides with high therapeutic value and antileishmania activity”. Application No-1312 DEL 2012, April 30, 2012.
Satish Kumar Gupta, Nripendra Nath Mishra, Aakanksha Agarwal. “Herbal Microbicide Formulation for Preventing HIV” HLL Lifecare Limited and National Institute of Immunology. Patent Application No. 201********* Publications
1. Nripendra Nath Mishra, K. P. Suja, Reshmi Nair, Aakanksha Agarwal and Satish Kumar Gupta (2019): Anti-HIV-1 activity and safety of gel-based herbal formulation. J Herbal Medicine (In Press) IF-1.55
2. Nripendra Nath Mishra, Ajay Kesharwani, Aakanksha Agarwal, Suja Kizhiyedath Polachira, Reshmi Nair, and Satish Kumar Gupta (2018): Herbal gel formulation developed for anti-HIV-1 activity also inhibits in vitro HSV-2 infection. Viruses, 10
(11), 580. IF-3.81
3. Nripendra Nath Mishra, Shakir Ali Praveen K Shukla (2015): A monoclonal antibody against 47.2 kDa cell surface antigen prevents adherence and affects biofilm formation of Candida albicans. World J Microbiol Biotechnol; 31(1):11-21. IF-2.65 4. Nripendra Nath Mishra, Shakir Ali Praveen K Shukla (2014): Arachidonic acid affects biofilm formation and PGE2 level in albicans and non albicans Candida species in presence of sub inhibitory concentration of fluconazole and terbinafine. Braz Jr Infec Dis; 18 (3): 287-293. IF-2.22
5. Ajay Kesharwani, K. P. Suja, Reshmi Nair, Aakanksha Agarwal, Nripendra Nath Mishra and Satish Kumar Gupta (2017) Anti-HSV-2 activity of Terminalia chebula Retz extract and its constituents, chebulagic and chebulinic acids. BMC Complement Altern Med. 14; 17(1):110. IF-2.47
6. Ankita Malik, V Vamsee Aditya Mallajosyula, Nripendra Nath Mishra, RaghavanVaradarajan, and Satish Kumar Gupta (2016) Generation and characterization of monoclonal antibodies specific to avian influenza H7N9 hemagglutinin protein. Indian J Med Microbiol.34 (4):489494. 7. Ankita Malik, V Vamsee Aditya Mallajosyula, Nripendra Nath Mishra, Raghavan Varadarajan, and Satish Kumar Gupta (2015) Generation and characterization of monoclonal antibodies specific to avian influenza H5N1 hemagglutinin protein. Monoclonal Ant in Immunodiag and Immunoth; 34(6):436-41 8. Aqeel Ahmad, Sarfuddin Azmi, Saurabh Srivastava, Amit Kumar, Jitendra Kumar Tripathi, Nripendra N Mishra, Praveen K Shukla, Jimut Kanti Ghosh (2014): Design and characterization of short antimicrobial peptides using leucine zipper templates with selectivity towards microorganisms. Aminoacids; 46(11):2531-43 9. Chandasana H, Prasad YD, Chhonker YS, Chaitanya TK, Mishra NN, Mitra K, Shukla PK, Bhatta RS. (2014), Corneal targeted nanoparticles for sustained natamycin delivery and their PK/PD indices: an approach to reduce dose and dosing frequency. Int J Pharm; 30,477(12):317-25
10. Smriti Sharma, Mohammad Saquib, Saroj Verma, Nripendra N Mishra, Praveen K Shukla, Ranjana Srivastava, Yenamandra S Prabhakar, Arun K Shaw (2014): Synthesis of 2, 3, 6trideoxy sugar triazole hybrids as potential new broad spectrum antimicrobial agents. Eur. Journal of Med Chem; 18;83:474-89 11. PV Reddy, M Saquib, NN Mishra, PK Shukla, AK Shaw (2014) Stereoselective synthesis of tetrahydrofuranyl 1, 2, 3-triazolyl C-nucleoside analogues by click chemistry and investigation of their biological activity ARKIVOC; 4:170-182 12. Sarfuddin Azmi, Saurabh Srivastava, Nripendra N. Mishra, Jitendra K. Tripathi, Praveen K. Shukla, and Jimut Kanti Ghosh (2013) Characterization of Antimicrobial, Cytotoxic, and Antiendotoxin Properties of Short Peptides with Different Hydrophobic Amino Acids at “a” and “d” Positions of a Heptad Repeat Sequence; J. Med. Chem; 56, 3:924–939.
13. Vishnu K. Tandon Sandeep Kumar, Nripendra N. Mishra, Praveen K. Shukla (2012) Micelles catalyzed chemo- and regio-selective one pot and one step synthesis of 2,3,5,6-tetrakis(alkyl and arylsulfanyl)-1,4-benzoquinones and 2,5- diaminosubstituted-1,4-benzoquinones "In-Water" and their biological evaluation as antibacterial and antifungal agents. Eur. Journal of Med Chem ; 56: 375-86 14. Naresh Sunduru, Leena Gupta, Kuldeep Chauhan, Nripendra N. Mishra, Praveen K. Shukla, Prem M.S. Chauhan (2011): Synthesis and antibacterial evaluation of novel 8- fluoro Norfloxacin derivatives as potential probes for methicillin and vancomycin- resistant Staphylococcus aureus. Eur. Journal of Med Chem; 56:1232-1244. 15. L. Vijaya Raghava Reddy, P. Venkat Reddy, Nripendra N. Mishra, Praveen K. Shukla, Garima Yadav, Ranjana Srivastava, Arun K. Shaw (2010): Synthesis and biological evaluation of glycal-derived novel tetrahydrofuran 1,2,3-triazoles by click chemistry, Carbohydrate Research; 345 (11): 151*-****-**. Vandana Varshney, Nripendra N. Mishra, Praveen K. Shukla, Devi P. Sahu (2010): Synthesis of nitroimidazole derived oxazolidinones as antibacterial agents, Eur. Journal of Med Chem ; 45(2): 661-666
17. Vandana Varshney, Nripendra N. Mishra, Praveen K. Shukla, Devi P. Sahu
,(2009): Novel 4-N-substituted aryl but-3-ene-1,2-dione derivatives of piperazinyloxazolidinones as antibacterial agents, Bioorganic & Med. Chem letters;19
18. Nilkanth G. Aher, Vandana S. Pore, Nripendra N. Mishra, Praveen K. Shukla, Rajesh Gonnade (2009): Design and synthesis of bile acid-based amino sterols as antimicrobial agents, Bioorganic & Med. Chem letters;19 (18): 541*-****-**. Vandana Varshney, Nripendra N. Mishra, Praveen K. Shukla, Devi P. Sahu(2009):Synthesis and antibacterial evaluation of isoxazolinyl oxazolidinones: Search for potent antibacterial, Bioorganic & Med. Chem letters;19 (13): 3573- 76 20. Vishnu K. Tandon, Hardesh K. Maurya, Nripendra N. Mishra, Praveen K. Shukla
(2009): Design, synthesis and biological evaluation of novel nitrogen and sulfur containing hetero-1,4 naphthoquinones as potent antifungal and antibacterial agents Eur. Journal of Med Chem; 44(8): 3130-37
21. Jyoti Pandey, Anindra Sharma, Vinod K. Tiwari, Divya Dube, Ravishankar Ramachandran, Vinita Chaturvedi, Sudhir K. Sinha, Nripendra N. Mishra, Praveen K. Shukla, and Rama P. Tripathi (2009): Solution-Phase Synthesis of a Library of Carbapeptide Analogues Based on Glycosylamino Acid Scaffolds and Their In Silico Screening and Antimicrobial Evaluation J. comb. Chem; 11 (3): 422-427 22. Nilkanth G. Aher, Vandana S. Pore, Nripendra N. Mishra, Awanit Kumar, Praveen Shukla, Aanchal Sharma, Manoj K. Bhat (2009): Synthesis and antifungal activity of 1,2,3-triazole containing fluconazole analogues: Bioorganic & Med. Chem letters 1;19 (3): 759-763.
Dr. Praveen Kumar Shukla, (Thesis Supervisor) Scientist-F, Head of Microbiology Division Medical mycology Lab (PCN- 205), Division of Microbiology, New campus: 10/1 Sector-10 Jankipuram-Ext, Sitapur road, CSIR- Central Drug Research Institute Lucknow-226031, U.P, INDIA Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Dr. S. K. Gupta Emeritus Scientist J. C Bose Fellow Reproductive Cell Biology Lab National Institute of Immunology New Delhi-110067 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Subhash Chand Head, TMA Lab National Institute of Biologicals Sector-62, NOIDA email@example.com
I hereby declare that all the information provided above is true and authentic.
(Dr. NRIPENDRA NATH MISHRA)