MATTHEW JAMES FRANKIS
Mobile: +1-626-***-**** Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduate with solid Finance experience gained in a variety of roles. Following a career break, whilst I relocated from the UK to the US and secured my visa, I am now actively looking for a position which will allow me to develop my career within a progressive organisation. I am a commercially aware and naturally motivated person who takes a proactive approach to work.
University of East Anglia (2009 – 2012)
BSc (Hons) Business Management
Received class 2.1, studied modules include: Accounting, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Brand Management, Operations Management & Economics.
St. Dunstan’s College (2001 – 2009)
A/AS-Levels (300 UCAS points):
3 (A-C) - Economics, Geography, Physical Education
9 (A-C) – including B’s in Maths & Double English
& other skills
Investment Management Certificate (IMC) – currently undergoing examinations
Relocation to United States (March 2018 - Present)
I have relocated from the UK to the US to live with my partner. I moved to live with her in 2018 and started the Visa application process, during which time I was not eligible to work. I was in the fortunate position that I could live without working during the Visa application process which gave me time to study for the Investment Management Certificate. I was keen to ensure that I was still making progress towards my career in financial services/investment management, even if I was not able to be employed. Now that my Visa has been approved, I am eligible to work within the US without need for sponsorship from my employer and am actively seeking a position to progress with my career.
Preqin Ltd – Senior Research Analyst – Private Equity (July 2017 - March 2018)
I received an internal promotion to the role of Senior Research Analyst. This role involved:
- Managing workload and schedule for junior research analysts.
- Account management for largest investors (AUM) through ongoing communication and reporting.
- Updating the online product with key financial information, performance metrics, statistics and analysis.
- In depth data mining from various reports such as company annual reports, 990 and 5500 forms for key figures to add to company investment profiles.
- Obtaining reliable information by calling clients in asset management, investment bank and other types of institutional investors and building a strong relationship with senior individuals to allow the sourcing of regular and reliable data updates.
Preqin Ltd – EMEA Institutional Research Analyst – Private Equity (August 2015 - July 2017)
My role as an EMEA Institutional Research Analyst provided me with knowledge across a range of alternative asset classes such as real estate, hedge funds, private debt, infrastructure and natural resources. My role involved:-
- Speaking with institutional investors regarding topic areas such as allocations to specific asset classes, preferred strategies when making their investments and favoured fund types the institution targets.
- Examining the information obtained from investors in detail.
- Further on in these conversations, I would discuss more granular information regarding typical fund commitment sizes, which fund managers are used and conduct a longer discussion over the institution’s investment plans over the next year.
- Writing topical blogs on current trends in the private equity space within the EMEA region.
Planned break – (April 2015 – July 2015)
After resigning from my position at LMA Recruitment following a desire to change direction of my career, I decided to travel South-East Asia with companions before embarking on my next career move.
Phoenix Forums – Conference Production/ Lead Generation – March 2015 (Contract role)
Working predominantly in the energy sector, speaking to high-profile clients and pitching two campaigns that Phoenix were operating for conferences in the Summer of 2015.
LMA Recruitment – Consultant (December 2013 – February 2015)
Working at a recruitment consultancy has allowed me to develop my relationship skills working with both clients and candidates from a range of different institutions, from small Financial Institutions to tier 1 Investment Banks.
My focus was on the Risk function within Financial Services, covering Market Risk, Credit Risk, Operational Risk and Quantitative Risk. I covered a range of different job opportunities within the Risk space for staff from a wide variety of experience levels and salary expectations.
INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES
My main interests are sports, travelling and gaining business success.
As a junior, I was scouted to join Queens Park Rangers Youth Soccer academy, playing to a high standard. I have also attained full School Colours in Football, Rugby, Tennis and Rugby Fives. I am a keen golfer with a handicap of 8 at Park Langley Golf Club. I represented Kent as a Junior Tennis player and captained St Dunstan’s Tennis for 7 consecutive years.
I choose to spend any free time travelling the World as much as possible. After my University course terminated, I decided to broaden my geographical awareness and travel for a further 6 months throughout the West coast of America, the East coast of Australia and the whole of Southeast Asia.