Denis J. Byrne email@example.com 917-***-****
An enterprising, creative and motivated team leader/bank executive with extensive experience in all segments of commercial, savings and retail banking.
● Completion of a formal credit training program. Background in credit approvals and portfolio administration.
● Defined ability to manage diverse areas of risk.
● Demonstrated new business development skills resulting in year over year of growth and profitability.
● Customer service champion with excellent client retention history.
● Builds business through effective relationships with centers of influence and involvement with strategic Boards and Organizations.
● Collaborative and driven leader who champions a positive work culture.
● Promotes employee engagement through enhanced lines of communications across multiple business units.
● Excellent interpersonal, writing and communication skills; dependable and transparent communicator.
● Effective project management background.
● Definitive and measurable success in team building.
● Change agent with successes and obtaining individual employee and team acceptance.
● Extensive experience and demonstrated skills in Audit, Bank Secrecy Act and Compliance disciplines.
● Successful history in bank mergers and acquisitions.
● Experience in regulatory audits; positive rapport with regulatory entities.
● Excellent entrepreneurial skills.
● Demonstrated success in turning around underperforming business units.
● Proficient in Word/ Excel and Office applications. Experience
Chinatown Federal Savings Bank (now Hanover Bank), New York, NY President, Mar. 2018- Nov. 2019
Promoted to President in March 2018 after the retirement of incumbent president. Complete administrative responsibility for entire bank. The bank was primarily comprised of 3 branch locations and a mortgage lending group along with internal audit and accounting teams and a compliance group. Interfaced regularly with OCC auditors and regulatory entities agents, along with internal and external accountants and auditors. In this capacity, reported directly to the CEO and Board of Directors. Highlight:Bank was sold to a holding company in August 2019. Successfully completed an integration of systems and procedures between the two banks. This integration was completed in 90 days and created a NYC footprint / presence for the acquiring bank.
Senior Vice President, Aug. 2015-Mar. 2018
Administrative and functional responsibility for entire bank with focus on governance, compliance, profitability and growth. Significant strategic planning relating to the overall direction of the bank. Highly visible top management position providing support and reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors. Additional responsibilities and functionalities:BSA Officer, CRA Officer, SAFE ACT Officer, Compliance Officer, IT Officer Bank Leumi USA, New York NY
First Vice President, Dec. 2012 – Feb.2015
Manager/Team Leader of the main office located on Fifth Avenue in New York City. Position required successful performance in the roles of:
Administrative Manager/Team Builder
Business Development Team Leader
Led a team of relationship managers and collaborated with less experienced officers on loan presentations. In addition, granted individual signing authority on commercial credit facilities and formally presented larger, more complex facilities to an established credit committee.
Denis Byrne, page 2
Bank Leumi USA, New York NY
First Vice President/Branch Manager, Mar.2007- Dec.2012 Recruited by Deputy CEO and Senior Management.
Created and implemented a commercial sales culture which increased loans, deposits, and profitability. Goals were consistently exceeded and achieved measurable success in staff/ team development and the creation of a sales model. Highlight:Moved an underperforming office and transferred customers to a Manhattan east side location while retaining 93% of customer base.
North Fork Bank, Tribeca- New York City
Vice President/Private Banker and Branch Manager, Sept. 1999 - Mar. 2007 Consistently exceeded sales quotas in business development and retention of commercial and high-profile personal relationships. Aggregate assets under management exceeded $300 million. Excellent C&I and Private Banking loan and deposit generation.
Highlight: Branch competed against 307 branches and was recognized as branch of the year. HSBC Bank USA
Vice President/ Branch Manager. April 1996-September 1999 Directly responsible for profitability, growth and compliance in a highly visible midtown branch location, on 7th Avenue in New York City.
Highlight: Branch was consistently ranked 7th in profitability and assets under management in a branch network of 400+ locations.
Related Experience, Prior to April 1996
Held position of Regional Manager. Position entailed complete administrative responsibility for 10 branch locations throughout Westchester County, New York.
Graduate School of Banking-University of Virginia Mercy College- Dobbs Ferry, New York Successfully completed curriculum Bachelor of Science Degree in Finance Graduated Cum Laude
Long Island University- Dobbs Ferry New York
Attended classes in Graduate Finance curriculum.
Fashion Center B.I.D. Former Director
American Institute of Banking: Former Director / Trustee Tribeca Organization: Former Director
Nanuet Chamber of Commerce: Vice President and President St Mary’s Church:Former Parish Treasurer