OLAJUMOKE ADETONA (OLA)
*** ****** **** *******, ***** York, ON. M3J 3P1 (289) -980-4822 firstname.lastname@example.org OBJECTIVE:
Recent practical nursing graduate with a patient and family centered care perspective and a passion for growth and learning seeking a position in a health care environment HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS:
• Successfully completed clinical placements in acute, rehab and long term care settings.
• Dedicated, enthusiastic, detail oriented and motivated learner with exceptional communication, time management and organizational skills.
• Efficient in providing excellent client care individually and collaboratively that has been recognized by other health care professionals and professors.
• Proficient in using Meditech and Point click Care software. EDUCATION:
Practical Nursing Diploma
Seneca College, King City, ON. (Jan 2018- Dec 2019) Program GPA- 3.8
Pre -Health Sciences Pathway
Seneca College, King City, ON.
Program GPA- 3.9 (Jan 2017- Aug 2018)
HUMBER RIVER HOSPITAL (440 hours) (Sep 2019- Dec 2019) Cardiology unit, Toronto, ON:
• Established therapeutic relationships with patients to facilitate trust and communication and also educated patients and families about disease process and management, medical procedures, lifestyle modifications which was commended by preceptor on several occasions.
• Participated in unit rounds with various members of the inter-professional team to create, plan, implement, and evaluate care plans to maintain, promote and restore patient health.
• Under the supervision of preceptor, provided admission assessments and discharge teaching to facilitate compliance with treatment regimen. Received mostly positive feedback and mentions from patients in surveys conducted about health care experience after discharge.
• Duties performed include: medication administration through various routes, wound and ostomy care, IV therapy initiation and discontinuation, assisting with client’s ADL’s, situating telemetry leads on clients, blood glucose readings, vital signs assessment, enteral feeds, monitoring daily weights of CHF clients, catheter insertion, writing thorough shift reports, etc.
• Made use of Meditech software to document head-to-toe assessments, changes in client’s behaviours or health status, review orders and lab values, and administer medications.
• Under supervision of preceptor, provided complete nursing care for a full patient assignment for up to 5 patients during the day and up to 7 during the night; while further assisting other clients and nurses, as needed.
• Attended an in-service seminar to obtain more knowledge about the disease process of congestive heart failure and medications for treatment to provide informed care and effective patient teaching. OLAJUMOKE ADETONA
397 Murray Ross Parkway, North York, ON M3J3P1 289-***-**** email@example.com HUMBER RIVER HOSPITAL (144 hours) (May 2019- Aug 2019) Acute Medicine Unit, Toronto, ON:
• Conduction of comprehensive head to toe, problem focused and interval assessments as well as documentation of care provided
• Care of clients with several co-morbidities with refined critical thinking and problem -solving skills.
• Successfully demonstrated effective leadership skills as a team leader when patient care was provided as a team with colleagues.
• Read through patient’s chart before shift report to get an accurate understanding of their diagnosis, symptoms, medications and treatment plan.
WEST PARK HEALTH CARE CENTRE (144 hours) (Jan 2019- Apr 2019) Functional Enhancement Unit, Toronto, ON:
• Assisted patients with activities of daily living which include: bathing, oral hygiene, feeding and safe transfers from different surfaces.
• Developed care plans appropriate to each client’s condition to promote optimal functioning and adhered to best practice guidelines to prevent falls and promote patient safety.
• Provided direct nursing care to post op patients which included assessment of wound sites and changing wound dressings, removal of surgical staples, documentation of care provided using narrative charting format.
HUMBER RIVER HOSPITAL (96 hours) (Sept 2018-Dec 2018) Reactivation Care Centre, Toronto, ON:
• Cared for and developed understanding of geriatric patients. Worked in collaboration with nurses to care for clients who had chronic medical conditions/ multi morbidities such as: congestive heart failure, stroke, cirrhosis, chronic aphasia, and dementia.
• Knowledge of and adherence to all isolation precautions.
• Facilitated communication between aphasic patients through alternative modes of communication such as asking the patient to write words down on a piece of paper
• To foster a sense of belonging, especially in clients with language barriers, advocated that patients who spoke the same language be assigned the same room in cases where shared rooms where available. CERIFICATIONS, ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND AWARDS
CPR Certification – health care provider
Mask- Fit Test Certification
RNAO-Delirium, Dementia, Depression
Blood Easy Blood
CNO Abuse prevention- One Is Too Many
Tutor Level I certification
Nightingale Exchange-Seneca College
Seneca Dean’s List – fall 2018