Curriculum Vitae GKS
GEORGIOS K. SANIDAS
Era Tower, Seef, Manama, Bahrain
*, ******** ******, ******** ****** 18345, Greece
** ******* ****, ******* *****n, United Kingdom
– Solid business acumen, entrepreneurial, previous business owner with Local and International experience.
– Manager and Leader well versed in crisis and change management.
– Multi years of knowledge regarding Energy Services, Energy Efficiency, International Business, Technology & Telecommunications Industries in Europe, the Middle East and North America.
– Natural Business Development Leader with a no-nonsense approach.
– Experienced liaison between Engineering and Executive groups.
– Strong negotiation skills.
– Results-oriented Project organization and management: ability to determine business needs, envision solutions, and prioritize strategic initiatives to meet goals.
– Have experienced five mergers/reengineering cases.
– Have successfully implemented four start-ups, gaining vital professional experience in high managerial positions within challenging environments and situations. AT A GLANCE
GKS Page 2 of 6
The following can be found in more details throughout the “Professional Career” section.
– Achieved a 150% growth within the first year of restructuring Ideal Systems, a major technology integrator located in Greece.
– Established six start-ups and lead them into profitable operations and acquisition by bigger companies.
– MEDESCO, a company I co-founded, was considered a pioneer in the Energy Saving, Smart City and Energy Efficient fields in the Balkans.
– Achieved over 50% growth rates for all years at Arisvi New Technologies. The company was honoured as the “Best European Integrator” and I was personally honoured as the “Most Committed Partner in Europe”.
– Compaq-HP benefited from a 40% revenue growth within the first year of my establishing their Global Services BU.
Commercial Manager Energy & Water Solutions — Rezayat Group, KSA 2018 – 2020 The Rezayat Group has been trading for over 50 years with operations in 13 countries. Of its 25 companies, 14 are wholly owned and 11 are joint ventures with major international partners. Worldwide, they have over 20,000 employees.
– Managed and restructured the Sales and Marketing operations of the Energy
& Water Solutions BU RESCO in the GCC.
– Designed and launched new set of solutions and services.
– Headed the company’s business development and evaluated vendors and service partners.
CEO — Dynamic Energy Services, KSA and Kingdom of Bahrain 2016 – 4/2018 Dynamic Energy is an Energy Services Company or ESCo, i.e. a provider of comprehensive energy efficiency, Smart City, Smart Grid and renewable energy technologies, solutions. In this role, I established the company from the ground up, planning and delivering a full set of services and solutions.
– Responsible for setting up the initial operations, defining the set of services, evaluating the most appropriate vendors and service partners, running the recruiting processes and relative interviews, as well as for the company’s business development.
– Created all marketing and promotional materials, presented the company and offerings to various potential private and public sector customers, led the energy audit services and solutions.
– Designed, supervised and managed the delivery plan, developed the internal reporting system and supervised the financial system and corresponding accounts payable and receivables.
– Developed significant opportunities’ pipeline in all market segments and established the company participation into the Super Esco projects in the Kingdom. GKS Page 3 of 6
Co-Founder and General Manager — Medesco, Greece 2013 – 2015 Medesco is an Energy Services Company or ESCo.
– Created, sold and implemented several projects through an ESPC model in the private sector where we set this market’s paradigm of evolution.
– Considered to be a pioneer in the Energy Saving, Smart City and Energy Efficient fields in the Balkans.
– Negotiated, managed and driven multi technology, multi sub-contractor, Energy Performance contracts, some of which totalled several million Euros. These contracts varied in organizational sizes (from a commercial building to a city) and included clients from both private and public sectors.
– Incited and maintained strong cooperation with major international companies such as Ameresco, Philips, Suez, Deutche Telecom, Silver Spring Networks, etc.
– Created and successfully delivered the “Smart City Energy Master Plan” Concept to more than fifteen cities in Greece and four cities in Germany and Romania, which included an excellent Value Proposition service bundle. The projects were eligible to be financed by financial institutions such as the European Investment Bank (EIB), the World Bank, and the Islamic Development Bank, and ran through a PPP long- term contract using the Internet-of-City-Things concept which incorporated, or were able to incorporate, the latest IOT technologies. Co-Founder and General Manager — Nea Polis ESCO, Greece 2010 – 2012
– Responsible for creating a complete set of services and using them in order to expand the business on an international level.
– The company was merged with Medesco in 2013.
CEO — Arisvi New Technologies, Greece 2004 – 2010
– A Telecomm, Services & IT Technology VAR company serving the Mobile Telecom, Finance and SME market start-ups. Achieved over 50% growth rates for all years.
– Solution providers for mediation, messaging and e-payment solutions, targeting mainly the Greek Mobile and Telecommunication industry.
– Reached a growth ratio of 55% y-t-y reaching 1,2 m€ in services alone within three years. Created successful service alliances with Nokia, Ericsson, HP, SUN, and Microsoft.
– Honored as “Best European Integrator” from Aruba Wireless Networks and personally as “Most Committed Partner in Europe”.
General Manager — Ideal Systems, Greece 2003 – 2004
(David-Leventis Coca Cola Group of Companies)
– Tasked with restructuring the Solution & Services IT Systems Integrator company and transforming it into a profitable technology integrator.
– Performed a major restructuring and returned the company into profitability.
– Achieved a 150% growth within the first year by implementing strategic restructuring such as reducing the headcount (from 127 to 80) and minimizing expenses by 55%.
GKS Page 4 of 6
Global Services Sales Manager — Hewlett Packard, Compaq Computers, Greece 2000 – 2002
– Established the Global Services BU of Compaq, achieving 40% revenue growth within first year (8m€ to 14m€) during the Compaq-HP years.
– Maintained double-digit growth following the company buy-out from Hewlett Packard.
– Delivered several projects in the banking sector with customers such as Eurobank, Marfin, Eurobank Cards, Citibank, Athens Stock Exchange, Athens Depository, Piraeus Bank, etc., some of which were positioned as high availability services. General Manager — Autohellas, Greece 1997 – 1999
– Increased the annual turnover from 0.5 m€ to 2,7 m€.
– Doubled the sales network in Athens & Thessalonica and expanded in all major cities; doubled profits & reorganized the company’s logistics.
– Placed third as the Best Audio Company for Rockford Fosgate in the Best Auto Marketing competition.
Director — Foundation of the Hellenic World, Greece 1994 – 1997
– Organized the newly established Foundation.
– Established world-wide joint venture projects with leading Institutions and Universities, including Dartmouth, Yale, Tufts, University of Cambridge, University of North Carolina, University of California at Berkeley, etc. Managing Director — Softland, Greece 1988 – 1994
– Organized the newly established company.
– Achieved sales of 0.8m€ within the first year.
– Reached annual growth rate of 45% the first three years. CONSULTING EXPERIENCE
Senior Consultant — ResConME Consultancy, Middle East 2017 – Present Restructuring Consultants Middle East is a restructuring consultancy company specialising in Company Restructuring, Energy Efficiency, Circular Economy Consultancy, LEED consulting and Certification, Training and Reasoning, and Legal Risk assessment. Successful projects include the design and development of:
– A concise and differentiated Sustainable Communities approach for small to medium scale urban or rural communities consisting of balanced sustainable solutions based on advanced technologies. These are geared toward helping the communities in achieving and maintaining a self-sustained and environmentally friendly environment. The results enable community members to enjoy the benefits of the new infrastructure within equal terms, including improved living levels, healthier locally-produced food, increased job opportunities, a higher standards GKS Page 5 of 6
hygienic system, secured energy and water supplies, and the adaptation of circular economy concepts. This operational model also provides a transparent and fair financial system where safety and security are significantly improved, and potential profit dividends are created.
– An Agricultural ECO Cluster concept — a highly efficient and sustainable cluster of agricultural activities — which was included in the official Greek Agricultural Sector Business Plan and submitted to the European Union for financing. The concept is currently under development and being deployed in various geographical areas in the Balkan Sates. Its centrally managed operation is based on a star-structured area design with tremendously efficient gradual expansion.
– A Smart City Energy Master Plan (SCEMP) concept with relevant methodology and applications — a service that combines the design and mapping of the city’s overall infrastructures (including everything related to energy), along with a Governance platform implementation. The mapping and defining of infrastructures include urban lighting, public buildings’ utilities, renewable energy sources, electric vehicles, etc. This enables the city’s administration to collect data for energy management, monitoring and billing purposes from Smart City infrastructure, sensors, meters and other energy sources and enables them to efficiently react and deal with critical incidents or systems failure within an urban environment. The Governance platform allows City management to handle Municipality operational issues via a very flexible big data Decision-making tool. The service has been successfully delivered and implemented in 22 Municipalities within three countries between 2103 and 2018.
Strategy Advisor — Bitros Group, Greece 2016
Board Member — Global Esco UK Ltd., London, UK 2015 – Present Global Esco, an international ESCo company, delivers solutions to both the private and public sectors of the economy, developing or optimising infrastructure solutions in the areas of Smart City, Smart Grid, Demand Response and Internet-of-Things. Strategy Advisor — JEPA, Greece 2015 – Present
Associate — Carbon Trust, London, UK 2015 – Present Strategy Advisor — Terra, Greece 2015 – Present
– In depth understanding of cultures and traditions: Have dealt with companies in USA, UK, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Germany, UAE, Switzerland, Denmark, Spain, The Netherlands, Italy, France, Turkey, Serbia, Bulgaria, Kuwait, Cyprus, Romania, Albania, Sudan, Tanzania and Ukraine, and have visited a total of 39 countries.
– Have worked in Greece, Norway, USA, Saudi Arabia (KSA), and Bahrain. GKS Page 6 of 6
– Have attended numerous international fairs, congresses and seminars in the areas of Finance, and International Marketing & Technologies, in various countries worldwide including Spain, France, Italy, Denmark, USA, Norway, Austria, Switzerland, France, Sweden, Belgium, Germany, and the UK. EDUCATION
BSc. Computer Science & Statistics 1983 – 1988
Athens School of Economics & Business Science
BA Finance, Shipping Accounting 1981 – 1983
Piraeus Technological Institute
Financial Analyst 1995
Nuntius KSA — Athens Stock Exchange
Systems Analyst, Computer Programmer 1985
DACC Univac Doxiadis KSA
HONOURS & MEMBERSHIPS
– EASE (Union of General Managers) — Member
– Economic Chamber of Greece — Member
– AIESEC Alumni — Member
– Steinbeis Research Institute of Germany. www.steinbeis.de, www.ecco24.org — Representative for Greece
– Honored by Aruba Wireless Networks as “Most Committed Partner in Europe” 2006
– Honored by Rockford Fosgate as “Best Commercial Director Europe” 1998
– ΙΠΕ (Union of Sales Managers) — Member
– American English: Excellent
– Italian: Fair
– French: Fair
– Family-oriented individual with high moral values
– Willing to relocate
– Excellent references upon request