ERIKA A. MIDDLETON
Chemical engineering graduate with academic experience designing and implementing industrial processes, as well as process control strategies. Worked as a field engineer in production enhancement with a focus on safety, problem solving, continuous improvement, and customer support. Able to communicate effectively in a teamwork environment, critically analyze data, and determine how to apply immediate corrective action.
Field Engineer Production Enhancement Sept. 2018 – Dec. 2019 Halliburton
• Act as the primary engineer for a crew monitoring and recording data on-site during jobs, performing quality control tests, and creating files necessary to accurately track and run jobs, as well as post-job reports.
• Communicate with customers during jobs to provide both minor and large-scale technical solutions in response to arising difficulties that satisfy customer expectations.
• Developed thorough understanding of equipment operation, site layout, fluid systems, and implemented process controls. Knowledge gained was communicated to supervisor and coworkers through presentations followed by a QA session. Lifeguard 2013 – 2018
APEX Recreation Center
• Ensure safety of all guests, answer queries, and assist in training of new employees.
• Received three awards for exceeding required skills during audits, as well as recognition for excellent lifeguarding, safety, and customer service skills.
Chemical Engineering Field Session
• Worked in various groups of three performing experiments using equipment including distillation columns, heat exchangers, steam coils, gas strippers, and absorbers.
• Prepared excel spreadsheets, PFDs, presentations, and reports for each lab in an efficient manner to meet short deadlines.
• Acted as the group leader for three different labs: adiabatic cooling, transient tank heating, and condensing steam. Prepared lists of objectives, assigned duties to each member, and led prelab meetings with supervising faculty members. Senior Design CO2 Capture and Purification System for Microbrewery
• Collaborated in a team of five designing three different systems capable of capturing and purifying CO2.
• Compiled findings into a final report including a summary of design, PFD, capital and utility costs, PWC analysis, and overall analysis for each design option.
CSM EPICS II Food Preservation and Stabilization using Irradiation
• Participated in a group of four determining feedstocks, reactions, and industry costs.
• Performed an economic analysis, created a PFD, and presented overall findings to class. SKILLS
Computer Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Aspen Plus, Comsol, Visio, SolidWorks, Matlab, Polymath, ACE, and INSITE Communication Technical writing, reports, post-job reports, oral briefings, email updates, and presentations Laboratory Stage and packed distillation columns, shell and tube heat exchangers, steam coils, gas strippers and absorbers, titrations, recrystallizations, QAQC, and safety measures Other Critical thinking, Problem solving, Customer service, Punctual, Organized, Reliable, Efficient, and Team player EDUCATION
Colorado School of Mines Golden, CO
Bachelor of Science, Major in Chemical and Biochemical Engineering, Minor in Biomedical Engineering 2014 – 2018 LEADERSHIP AND INVOLVEMENT
Alpha Phi Iota Zeta Programming Department Officer Society of Women Engineers (SWE)