Mai Q. Ly
Cell: 917-***-**** Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Passionate Health Professional who creates, presents, and implements a wide variety of wellness programs to promote and improve: health (social, mental, spritual, physical) and participant-satisfaction. CPR/First Aid Certified Solid Communication Skills Skillful Problem Solver Proficient in Microsoft Office Capable of Multi-Tasking Positive Work Ethics Detail Orientated Multilingual Strong Patient Relations EXPERIENCE
Actvivities Volunteer Coordinator Sunrise of Buckhead, Atlanta GA 3/14 - Present
• Supervise team member: scheduling, listening, coaching, training in policies/procedures, and approving vacation and sick time request.
• Prepare/Publish/Design calendar of events, monthly newsletter, flyers, posters, and invitations
• Provide customer service by respond to routine question, complaint, and problem solving solution.
• Oversee recreational activities/special events: special accommodation, fitness, and performing arts.
• Plan/Implement daily, weekly, and special holidays event programs that designed to promote greater community participation.
• Balance recreational budget: researching for most cost effective supplies, maintaining inventory, track- ing receipts, producing ancillaries, approving invoices, interviewing contractors, and negotiating fee.
• Manage volunteer program: overseeing background checks, training/orienting volunteers, coordinating schedules, and celebrating volunteerism events.
• Coordinate transportation services to: local medical facilities, shopping, church, voting, outings
• Able to drive 15 passenger bus as needed.
Assistant Day Health Care Manager CenterLight Healthcare, NYC, NY 12/06 - 12/13
• Oversaw daily operation of staff, participants, and volunteers
• Ensured service staff provided exceptional service to participants; adhered to prescribed nutritional needs; followed safe food handling policies and procedures; offered stimulating programs.
• Supervised/Supported recreational therapists, assistants, and volunteers by conduct therapy sessions, writing assessments, made home visits, presented special programs, ordered supplies.
• Approved staff work schedules, rotations, vacations, sick, and personal holidays.
• Created monthly calendar; booked performers/entertainers; negotiated fees and services
• Collaborated with interdisciplinary team in case-meetings regarding participant progress. Academic Advisor University Settlement NYC 03/02 - 11/05
• Assisted students exploring their interests consistent with their academic, and personal goals Small business owner/operator Margaret Mai Floral Designs, Inc., Atlanta, GA 02/99 - 09/01 Health Educator DeKalb County Fire Department 1993 - 1996
• Coordinated educational programs and presented information using a variety of instructional techniques. EDUCATION
Ms Ed Therapeutic Recreation Lehman College: NYC
Landscape Design/Garden Design Gwinnett Tech College: Atlanta, GA B.S. Health Science San Francisco State University: San Francisco, CA