Atlanta, GA 770-***-****
MARKETING LEADER/PRODUCT PORTFOLIO MANAGER
Product Marketing Leader with extensive experience with both B2B and B2C markets growing and retaining customers. Proven success developing innovative marketing and retention programs to help increase sales and retain customer base. Experience with field marketing, dealer support, training, and developing sales enablement tools. A resourceful, creative, and motivating leader with great communication and people skills, as well as a strong technical background.
Strategic and Tactical Planning Product Management Program Development and Management Team Leadership Customer Segmentation Market Research EXPERIENCE
SOUTHERN COMPANY, Atlanta, GA
Marketing Services and Retention Manager, Southern Linc Wireless 2014-2019 Directed overall marketing strategy and execution for product and services to support Southern Linc retention, sales and revenue targets for current wireless telecom solutions and future 4G LTE offerings (equipment, service plans and SAAS).
• Developed the service plans and the go-to-market product strategy for the new LTE offerings which enabled Southern Linc to launch with a complete suite of Machine to Machine data and voice products and SAAS services prior to the retirement of the iDEN network.
• Exceeded subscriber target by 23% through execution of retention strategy with targeted marketing campaigns and customer appreciation events targeting B2B and B2C, as well as Public Sector customers.
• Managed and led cross functional team to launch the strategic initiative of experimenting as a Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO).
• Utilized research and data analytics to develop plan for digital and direct mail campaigns targeting B2B and B2C.
• Directed market and customer research, as well as customer database analysis and communicated relevant information throughout company to ensure attracting and retaining customers profitably.
• Developed Marketing strategy for new software (SAAS) mobile tracking services, fixed data and voices services for LTE, including pricing creation, sales process, and promotions which were all launched on time.
• Acted as key Marketing lead on LTE conversion project team which developed strategy and plan for converting customer base to an entirely new LTE network with goal to retire the iDEN network by first quarter 2019.
• Led team of direct reports responsible for product management, customer retention, data analysis, and product systems support who consistently met their goals and were frequently identified as top performers.
Marketing Services Manager, Southern Linc 2008 – 2014 Responsible for the overall product strategy including, pricing, positioning, product management, as well as, data analytics and market research with a high focus t.
• Directed the development and communication of pricing for all products and services targeting businesses (B2B), Public Sector (B2G), and consumer (B2C) customers. The products and services consisted of handsets, modems, software applications (SAAS),and services plans for all equipment.
• Created and executed specific marketing campaigns directed at customer acquisition and retention for B2B and B2C markets.
• Helped company profitably grow customer base through data analytics which led to segment specific strategies
Meg Roberds Page 2
• Drove market and customer database analysis and ensured results were fed into overall Marketing and Corporate strategy.
• Developed promotions on a quarterly basis to attract new customers and extend contracts for existing customers.
• Managed the development of predictive modeling tools to help determine market for potential customers, identifying existing clients who may churn and potential customers who may be attracted to our value proposition.
• Identified and procured outside vendor to establish the company’s first rebate program. Managed project implementation and ongoing support process resulting in increased sales and overall customer satisfaction and retention.
• Developed and managed research and segmentation budgets and subsidy budget valued at over $5 million.
Market Information and Segmentation Manager, Southern Linc Wireless 2003-2008 Oversaw market and customer research, forecasting and customer database analysis to allow Southern Linc to profitably attract and retain customers within the B2B and B2C segments.
• Designed and implemented programs to attract customers from identified market segments (B2B & B2C) and increase loyalty among high value customers.
• Developed and oversaw execution of market and customer research strategy
• Implemented buyer segment strategy and monitored and tracked results.
• Oversaw segmentation process and modified segment approach as necessary.
• Managed market and customer database analysis and ensured results were fed into overall marketing strategy.
• Directed market forecasting manager and utilized data to factor into marketing plans and strategy.
• Developed and managed research and segmentation budget to ensure programs stayed within those parameters, and vendors did not exceed expenditures.
• Managed vendors used for customer data and rebate programs and evaluated new vendors as needed.
Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, MS Project, Freelance Graphics, Access, Visio, Salesforce ADDITIONAL RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
SOUTHERN LINC WIRELESS
Product Development Specialist
BBA - Bachelor of Business Administration, Management, minor in Marketing GEORGIA STATE UNIVERSITY, Atlanta, GA
Courses in Management, Leadership Development, Diversity, Safety, and Compliance TRAINING
SCS Leading Others Program, Emory University 2010
Women’s Leadership Program, Center for Creative Leadership CCL- September 2011