Armi Varquez Curriculum Vitae * Page
Mrs. Armi G. Varquez
Work Experience: 11years (GCC)
Mobile no: 974-********
Visa Status: Husband Visa Sponsorship
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration- Major in Industrial Management Enverga University Foundation- Lucena City, Philippines (April-2001) Founding Member of Industrial Management Association of the Philippines. Certificate in Health and Safety training conducted by Ramboll UAE (July 2015) Certificate of Completion for Caregiver 1- Filipino Institute Doha Qatar (Aug 2019) Distinguishing Qualifications:
§ With over has 11 years GCC experience in Document procedures and other admin related jobs.
§ Proficient in written and oral communication at English Language.
§ Work and deal at different level of any organization with minimum supervision.
§ Knowledge in Construction Management and Construction Supervision (scope of services).
§ Well versed in document control procedures, numbering collaborative, codes, sub-code, disciplines and other related documentation.
§ Experienced of Documents Quality Audit (Internal and ISO)
§ Knowledge in Design Management & Main Construction- Document Control Procedure.
§ Expertise in online document management system like: Aconex, Vicidocs, Netweb, Laserfiche, Projectwise, Sharepoint, Maconomy and Comply Pro & EDMS. Armi Varquez Curriculum Vitae 2 Page
Lead Document Controller July 2016 to Present
LARSEN &TOUBRO (Main Contractor for Al Rayyan Stadium)
• Manage Electronic document management system as well as hard copy records on as per company system.
• Maintain and examine files, for release drawings and engineering documents to Site and subcon.
• Ensure all documentation is controlled in accordance with the company’s procedures for document control.
• Main coordinator of Laserfiche (Client’s module) Projectwise and company EDMS.
• Process, control and administer incoming and outgoing documents, correspondence submittals, transmittals, specification, drawings, etc.
• Upload and distribute documents to relevant parties in accordance with the document distribution matrix workflow.
• Maintain and update logs to ensure accurate status of daily submissions.
• Prepare necessary data reports for various parties in a timely and accurate manner.
• Follow up and expedite priority items with relevant managers, engineers, consultants and contractors.
• Drive improvement to document control processes and procedures.
• Manage and monitor the use of various form set ups among team members.
• Coordinate with consultants and sub-contractors to send and receive various reports, drawings and other form of submittals.
• Attend weekly Doc control meeting with consultant and client’s Doc control team.
• Initiate Weekly Doc Control meeting for updates and concerns.
• If necessary handle internal training for EDMS, laserfiche and projectwise.
• Control and manages all technical documentation (hard-copy,electronic) with respect to registering, numbering, archiving and distribution. Document Controller, July 2014-June 2016
RAMBOLL MIDDLE EAST (Main Designer for Al Rayyan Stadium) Duties and Responsibilities:
• Received and distribute all incoming Technical Document using Laserfiche and Projectwise.
• Main Coordinator of Laserfiche Document Management system for our Doha Office.
• Set up and maintain paper and electronic filing systems using Doha server and UK shared folder.
• Maintain updated records of all approved documents, drawings and their distribution clearly.
• Update required log registers for all correspondence/technical documents.
• Upload and download correspondence, documents and drawings via laserfiche for AlRayyan Stadium Team review, comments and references.
• Keep correspondence and reports available for reference and efficient internal operation.
• Prepares and/or process documents; review for accuracy and completeness; update information and/or evaluate against policy; compare elements for consistency or logical relationships, etc.
• Controls and manages all technical documentation (hard copy and electronic) with respect to registering, numbering, archiving and distribution.
• Ensure project drawings and documents are issued in a controlled manner and within agreed timescale.
• Update and supersede all necessary documents for submission and filing thru Laserfiche. Armi Varquez Curriculum Vitae 3 Page
• Coordinate with our Project Management Document Control for the improvement of documents procedures, transmittal and releases.
• Responsible for all documents submittals to PM via Laserfiche.
• Provide correspondence and document reference numbering
• Assists with the preparation reporting forms.
• Coordinate Ramboll-UK Doc Control for other design document submittals as required.
• Coordinate/issue documents to our Client’s Doc Control and liaise if there is any hard copy and external drive copy to issue design drawings/documents for their reference.
• Reporting directly to our Project Director re- submittals and correspondence.
• Update daily timesheet using Maconomy.
• Upload documents/drawings for Building Permit application using AlRayyan Municipality website.
• Upload documents/register using Sharepoint access for Ramboll-UK counterpart. Nov. 2013 to June 2014- Technical Secretary
Prism Project Management- Head Office Muntaza Doha, Qatar Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee/ process day-to-day administrative items such as business correspondence, minutes of meeting, etc.
• Daily updates of timesheet entry, importing reports that assigned as per project using Dovico.
• Assist new starter by giving access to any required job codes at Dovico.
• Maintain confidentiality in all matters.
• Maintain up to date Recruitment database, CV archived and recruitment status.
• Coordinate with Business Development Officer re-Key Performance Indicator updates.
• Reporting directly to Managing Director.
• Prepare weekly review, lumpsum of Actual hours from Dovico timesheets entry.
• Update electronic dropbox files and hard copy filing.
• Edit proposals, tender and other technical documents as per Managing Director’s advised.
• Prepare office supplies requisition with estimated cost and ask quotation for other suppliers.
• Coordinate with local and international recruitment agency with regards to CV referrals and selection.
• Create control forms and new employee starter packet for upcoming projects and staff mobilization.
• Ensure that all documentation meets defined quality standards. Armi Varquez Curriculum Vitae 4 Page
January 2012 to August 2013- Document Controller
Louis Berger Group, Inc.
Project: Qatar Foundation Head Quarters and Strategic Studies Center Education City Al Gharrafa, Doha Qatar
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Acting Senior Document Controller of our Site Office.
• Received and distribute all incoming Technical Documents from the Contractor.
• Initiate a Workflow of all incoming documents to all corresponding reviewer using Aconex.
• Serve as the main contact of Aconex for our Site re-technical issues/error from LB to our client
• Set up and maintain paper and electronic filing systems and shared folder.
• Coordinate all activities related to the Document Control procedure, including technical documents, drawings and correspondence.
• Maintain updated records of all approved documents and drawings and their distribution clearly
• Updates the following documents log register:
General Technical Documents Submittals
As Built- Drawings
Request for Inspection and Testing
Request for Information
• Upload and save all archived documents thru Aconex for their information/copy.
• Update and supersede all necessary documents in a workflow thru Aconex.
• Received final notification from all client’s approved technical documents using Aconex.
• Coordinate our client’s DC for the improvement of documents procedures, transmittal and releases.
• Responsible for the follow up of all pending Technical document status from their respective discipline.
• Put electronic stamp for all PDF documents copy prior to their releases.
• Prepares and do initial reviews for Observation Comment Sheet attachments for all technical documents thru Aconex.
• Check OCS format based on client’s regulations prior to releasing and get signed by assigned discipline for final approval.
• Prepare weekly report for Aconex Pending/Overdue Technical Submittals and internal distribution.
• Prepare weekly Submittals of Cummulative/Clarification Sheets in all technical submittals for our Chief Construction Manager.
• Reporting directly to our Senior Site Resident Engineer.
• Attend weekly DC Meeting with our Main Contractor. Armi Varquez Curriculum Vitae 5 Page
July 2008 to June 2011- Document Controller
Doosan Babcock JV- Topaz Engineering Al Quoz- Dubai Duties and Responsibilities:
• Set up and maintain paper and electronic filing systems using VICIDOCS for the following documents:
§ Shop Drawings
§ As- Built Drawings
§ Method Statement
§ Risk Assessment Report
§ Non-Conformance Report
§ HSE Report
§ Material Testing Reports
§ Request for Inspection
• Composed and distribute meeting notes, routine correspondence and reports.
• Locate and attach appropriate files to incoming correspondence requiring replies (DRAFT)
• Maintain schedules and event calendars.
• Distributed all incoming mail and prepare answers to routine letters.
• Schedule and confirm appointments for clients, customer and supervisors.
• Track all personnel movements particularly MGO (Medium Gas OIL) Team.
• Conducts internet research to find necessary information.
• Established work procedures and keep track of Manager’s itinerary.
• Operate electronic mail systems and coordinate the flow of information
• Manage all technical data within Doosan Babcock “N” Drive for MGO.
• Prepares PO requisition, invoices, completion certificate, recommendation for award
• Complete forms in accordance with company procedures.
• Arrange conferences, meetings, and travel reservations
• Updates and file Quality Records Dossier.
• Maintain file as per assigned reference job number and code of discipline. March 2008 to June 2008- Secretary
Experts and Reach Consulting, Salam Abu Dhabi (Reliever Post Only) Duties and Responsibilities:
• Set up and maintain paper and electronic filing system.
• Scan all encoded documents and put it in the common folder.
• Screen all emails and forward it to the concerned personnel.
• Send documents through fax and email.
• File all incoming and outgoing correspondence and reports for quick reference.
• Prepare office supplies requisition.
• Edit and encode technical documents as per requests.
• Distribute the received documents in their corresponding department.
• Serves as the Personal Assistant of the General Manager.
• Prepare correspondence required by the manager.
• Assist applicants by receiving and forwarding their respective CV’s to the Recruitment. Armi Varquez Curriculum Vitae 6 Page
Other Relevant Administrative Experiences
(Details Upon Request)
October 2005 to January 2008- Office Administrator (Admission Department) New Sinai MDI Hospital Sta. Rosa Laguna, Philippines February 2003 to July 2004 -Marketing Coordinator
Wordtext System Inc., Makati City Philippines
June 2002 to December 2003- Account Specialist
Smart Telecom Specialist Inc. Makati City –Philippines September 2001 to May 2002 - Assistant to Mall Administrator Shopping Center Management Corporation- Sucat Paranaque City, Philippines