E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org • Mobile: 004*-****** 7850 I am a creative, hardworking individual who thrives on developing a nurturing, safe environment for children to grow in. The Montessori ethos is one I strongly believe in and I enjoy working with all age ranges. I am eager to try out new challenges which will help further enhance learning opportunities for the children I teach. I am reflective, adaptable and organised. My extensive work experience demonstrates my commitment to ensuring the positive growth of children under my care and supervision. My sociable skills and empathetic nature also enables me to work well with children, staff and parents alike.
EDUCATION HISTORY & QUALIFICATIONS
• 2012 – 2015 – International Diploma in Montessori Pedagogy(Birth to 7 years) – Montessori St Nicholas (MCI)
• 2012 – TEFL Course (Merit)
• 2006 - 2009 - BSc (Hons) Mathematics with Management & Finance: Kings College - London
• 2003 - 2005 - A-Level: Mathematics, Further Mathematics & Religious Studies: Edgbaston High School for Girls - Birmingham
Career to Date
Employer: Personal Montessori Classroom
Duration: January 2015 to Present
Position: Montessori Teacher
Run a Montessori classroom, overseeing children’s progress and providing further development according to their sensitive periods and interests. Building a rapport with the children and encouraging them to explore all areas in the indoor and outdoor classroom. Run trips out to ensure the children see and take part in interactions of everyday life, ensuring the world is their classroom and bringing to life the cosmic plan. Accomplishments
• Successfully guided the children to activities from the classroom and seeing the fruits of encouraging a child with the right activity at the right time.
• Created activities to fit in different areas of the classroom, in line with Montessori ethos.
• Provided an environment that enabled the children to reach the EYFS goals without impinging on the Montessori ethos.
• Create folders to record the children’s development in individual learning logs.
• Provide demonstrations to other Montessori teachers and parents on how to present activities to a child and determine the sensitive periods they are in. Followed by suggesting activities to take full advantage of those stages.
Employer: The Caterpillar Montessori
Duration: October 2013 to February 2014
Position: Montessori Teacher
Completed my teacher training at this institute as well as providing additional teaching hours to help when short staffed. I was a valued member of the team and added to the classroom by developing activities to place on different shelves in the classroom. I took part in staff meetings and classroom setting at the beginning and end of terms.
• Built a rapport with the children, who enjoyed including me in their play, giving me an opportunity to observe their development and provide appropriate activities to present to them at a later stage.
• Developed the children’s’ learning folders and presented these to the parents at parents evenings.
• Took an active role in the winter play, using my creative skills to help with the show.
• Compiling a child profile folder for a student, according to the Montessori method. Including, inputting areas of self reflection.
Employer: EBONITE LTD
Duration: July 2010
Position: Camp Leader
Responsible for a group of international students between the ages 12-14 year olds during their summer camp.
• Provided mentoring skills, including encouraging the young campers to take part in activities that were out of their comfort zone.
• Assisting in developing interpersonal skills of the children I looked after.
• Developing appropriate programmes and contingency plans.
• Appropriately dealing with personal issues and issues of bullying. Employer: Birmingham City Council
Duration: Spring 2007
Position: Play Scheme Manager
Organised, planned and carried out sessions for underprivileged children. Providing a welcoming and safe environment for the children to play in.
• Managing and heading a team to provide educational, structured age-appropriate games and activities.
• Facilitating and coordinating appropriate hand overs.
• Developing an excellent programme which contributed to the personal growth of individuals attending.
• Working with the Birmingham City Council to ensure needs were adequately met. INTRESTS & HOBBIES
• Enjoy traveling, meeting new people and creating new experiences. Also take an interest in swimming, horse-riding, archery and enjoy socialising.
• I also have a key interest in Scouting. I held the position of Head of Girl Scouts and Head of Explorer Girls, between September 2004 – March 2011. Working with children between the ages of 10 to 18. REFERENCE
Excellent references available on request.