Thomas Harte, PMP, CTFL, ITIL, SA, SAFe
Ashburn, VA 20148
703-***-**** • email@example.com http://www.linkedin.com/in/ThomasHarteDevelopmentandQAExecutive IT EXECUTIVE, PMP, CTFL, ITIL, SA, SAFe
Software Development Program Management QA Life Cycle Executive Accomplished, persuasive, accountable, creative, highly analytical, proactive solution-oriented leader with extensive expertise driving strategic growth and high profile programs for leading organizations. Strong business judgment with vision and decision- making skills; ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate highest impact initiatives. Solid background coaching and developing high- performing teams, managing development and QA teams and cultivating mutually beneficial relationships with cross-functional departments, partners and stakeholders. Proven ability to deliver productivity, efficiency and results in a complex and fluid environment. Exemplary problem solving, communication, conflict management abilities. Strong collaborator with excellent facilitation skills and focus on outcomes. Strong ability to collaborate with other to solve problems with agreed upon solutions. CORE COMPETENCIES
• Strategic Planning
• Organizational Leadership
• Continuous Improvement
• Process Management
• Budgeting/ Forecasting Finance
• Revenue Management
• Change Management
• Agile Development Methodologies
• Developing KPIs and Metrics
• Business Process Reengineering
• Portfolio Management
• System Development
• Team Building/Recruitment
• Time Management
• Vendor Relationships
• Project Management
• Automated Testing
PenFed Credit Union, Mclean, VA March 2018– September 2019 Director of Enterprise Software Quality Assurance & Testing Established and led enterprise QA and test organization within the IT Agile process and led digital/business transformation of IT and the QA org into the Agile process to meet PenFed’s value chain. Point of contact for development quality
• Partnered with and mentored scrum masters/development managers in scaling agile into PenFed’s lifecycle.
• Standardized quality processes including test plan development, test documentation, test metrics and KPI’s, best practices, and policies and visibility for overall quality of our applications.
• Introduced automation, reducing regression execution time down from 80hrs to 16hrs an 80% reduction.
• Led team of FTEs, outsourced and third party contractors across four locations.
• Worked with IT and internal stakeholders to give ‘go no go’ on code deployments/product releases.
• Introduced quality metrics KPIs to help pinpoint improvement areas.
• Headed QA organizational budget and selected bug tracking tools used in QA and IT Development.
• Led effort to move development process using Gherkin requirements and moved to a more business driven design.
• Drove automation frameworks and established framework improving efficiency, reducing regression execution time down 80%.
• On the senior management team for the digital/business transformation effort for development engineering team Common Securitization Solutions, Bethesda, MD May 2015 – February 2018 Director of Software QA & Testing
Oversaw QA and testing for the Common Securitization Platform to issue and manage mortgage-backed securities.
• Implemented testing practices for Component, Integration, 3rd Party, and GSE UAT testing in an agile environment architected on an AWS cloud environment.
• Increased test team’s capacity by 117% through automation, and standardization of test scripts allowing the team to test 163 stories a sprint up from 75.
• Created an automated regression suite giving a greater test breath of functionality, while reducing overall integration test time by 77%.
• Managed client relationship with the GSEs during the UAT phase of each release.
• Worked closely with development counterparts to estimate a baseline for each sprint/version to ensure delivering.
• Expanded organization-wide Agile development best practices by inducing idea’s such as the “three amigo’s” vetting process.
Tom Harte firstname.lastname@example.org Page 2
Navy Federal Credit Union, Vienna VA August 2009 – May 2015 AVP of Software QA & Testing
Oversaw and managed all testing and QA decisions for the enterprise. Senior member of the digital transformation process within IT, responsible for the delivery, design and implementation of IT strategy. Supervised team of 110 in three locations and handled selection of tools used in QA and IT Development.
• Implemented department wide Testing Improvement Initiative, maturing and growing the testing organization, which increased moral, productivity and overall quality of the division.
• Increased successful production implementations from 78% to 97%, reduced overall testing time by 48%, allowing more throughput for the organization.
• Introduced test automation, test data management, test strategy and new test environment controls, allowing organization to move to more agile development efforts with continuous integration.
• Increased team size by 12% while increasing capacity by 43%.
• Standardized performance testing process and test case creation, increasing reuse and reducing prep time by 45%.
• Part of the digital transformation team for the development engineering team working collaboratively with them. CherryRoad GT, Vienna, VA January 2008-August 2009 Software Development Program Manager
Led the software development, provided guidance and training to subordinates and recommended and determined personnel actions for department. Handled all department/project planning, execution and performance for staff, projects, and integration and development and testing and QA of all projects under the program. Led development teams.
• Planned and directed technological improvements and project management implementation of the ATF’s Video over IP program.
• Lead the development teams
• Defined and directed technical specification and tasks, defined target dates of tasks and subtasks and scheduling.
• Provided guidance and assistance in coordinating output, ensuring the technical adequacy of the end product. Freddie Mac, McLean, VA August 2000-October 2007
Technical (Software Development) Projects Director Director for the ITG development teams supporting Regulatory Reporting and OFHEO Reporting. Handled $6.6 million budget and staff of nearly 50 for all OFHEO related development efforts Brought into a delicate and complex situation to foster and build a relationship with OFHEO and remediate IT issues found during an OFHEO audit of Regulatory Reporting.
• Collaborated with internal stakeholders to understand strategic direction, needs and goals of programs/projects to determine best approach within the constraints of budgets and time.
• Collaborated with the business area to craft a 36-month technology plan.
• Worked on IT teams to help streamline the Freddie Mac development process
• Managed the SOX remediation effort for all OFHEO related IT systems to ensure SOX compliance
• Performed audit of IT project for compliance with IT standards and SOX compliance
• Created the software testing team for Freddie Mac’s web based application, Loan Prospector.
• Managed functional area of CM, release management and testing, around Loan Prospector’s test projects.
• Oversaw development and testing efforts on multiple simultaneous projects across Freddie Mac’s ISS division.
• Championed new testing methods and processes within Freddie Mac’s ISS division.
• Worked collaboratively to streamline and improve testing practices and procedures within the ISS division. ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE
Booz Allen & Hamilton Inc., Associate
Master’s Certificate in Information Technology Project Management, George Washington University Bachelor of Arts (BA), Liberal Studies, Marymount University Tools
HP ALM HP Quality Center HP Performance Center SOAP UI Postman GIT JIRA Blue Prism Jenkins Selenium JIRA TeamCity CHEF Metrics, strategy, operations, business plan, metrics, operations, business plans, management experience, business operations, management experience, writing, engagement, performance metrics, technical acumen, system development, strategic partnerships, shared services, digital program, presentation, hardware, out sourcing, partnership, confidence, partnerships, inductive, confidence, accountability, mobile, business plans, strategy, metrics, engagement, writing, computer hardware, data gathering, contracts, outsourcing, word processing software, innovative, vision, decision making, vision, decision making, constant, engaging, innovation, proactively, leadership experience, role model, follow up, collaborative, leadership experience, life cycle, business plans, life cycle, systems development, devops, consistency, constant, business acumen, achieve business objectives, cadence, sales, marketing, consistent, knowledge, direct, channels, develops, facilitates, develops, facilitates, develops, facilitates, understands, meeting, understands, meeting, learning, understands, facilitates, learning, meeting, learning, effective, status, action, effective, status, action, effective, status, action, opportunities, challenges, opportunities, challenges, opportunities, challenges, opportunities, understanding, challenges, basic, application development, Adaptability, business acumen, flexibility, teamwork, reliability, hands on, highly motivated, prioritize tasks, self starter, track record, ability to prioritize, collaboration, motivated, specifications, quality assurance, engineering, manufacturing, engineering, maintenance, quality management system, FMEA, analytical skills, business issues, business performance, failure analysis, preventive maintenance, regulations, process engineering, product quality, quality management, certification, operations, ERP, technical issues. improvement, partnership, continuous improvement, partnership, problem resolution, communication skills, business partnership, negotiating, influencing, flexibility, written communication,