George J. Mathew
305-***-**** ● Houston, TX ● email@example.com
Experienced engineering professional with over 4 years in the manufacturing sector, including a strong background in project execution, operations, and analytical problem-solving. Continuous improvement mindset with a focus on value generation. EXPERIENCE
Hydrocarbons Improvement Engineer Jun. 2016 – Jul. 2019 Dow Chemical Propane Dehydrogenation Unit Freeport, TX
● Implemented multiple facility installations at a new world scale 750kTA propylene production unit such as valves, piping, PSVs, analyzer relocations, heat tracing, and instrumentation.
● Managed tray repairs for a damaged caustic tower which reduced annual raw material costs by $300,000.
● Lead engineer for media replacement of two 120 ft. dryer beds directing CSE, repair work, and no safety incidents.
● Eliminated 2 days of production downtime per shutdown (approximately $2.1 MM opportunity cost) through modifications of a high-pressure nitrogen line; increasing plant clearing capabilities by 30%.
● Coordinated an $800,000 electric heater replacement with key stakeholder buy-in from operations, maintenance, vendors, and corporate cost controllers.
● Installed a $500,000 capital project for new PDTs across four reactors to correct a single point of failure gap.
● Executed a process model to reroute approximately $450,000 propane inventory that otherwise would have been flared.
● Successfully completed Dow’s competitive 6-month EDGE program; passing a qualifications Technical Review Board.
● Contributed over 100 days of hydrocarbons turnaround shift work with more than 500 field hours. Production Engineer Co-op Aug. 2015 – Dec. 2015
Dow Chemical Propylene Oxide & Propylene Glycol Unit Freeport, TX
● Supported operations team by addressing process upsets and daily KPI variances which could impact asset utilization.
● Scoped and drafted business opportunity plan for the installation of a new Yokogawa water analyzer.
● Applied engineering best practices including Management of Change, Root Cause Investigation, and Procedure Use. EID Edison Intern May 2015 – Aug. 2015
GE Power & Water Fluid Systems & Accessories Greenville, SC
● Developed an engineering business case for a pressure regulator valve change that resulted in $50,000 annual savings on new 9HA gas turbine orders.
● Collaborated with global water applications teams and SMEs to develop turbine bids in Sabiya, Kuwait.
● Optimized turbine water wash skids through proper motor and pump sizing resulting in $25,000 savings for new orders. Production Engineer Co-op Jan. 2015 – May 2015
Dow Chemical Glutaraldehyde Unit Charleston, WV
● Spearheaded safety project for a new sodium bicarbonate insertion system to close an identified ergonomic risk.
● Monitored the operational efficiency of two spiral heat exchangers for suspected fouling.
● Tracked daily logs for production, tank transfers, and outbound shipments to three integrated plants. EDUCATION
University of Florida Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering, Cum Laude April 2016
● Minors: Biomolecular Engineering, Packaging Science SKILLS
Project Engineering Aspen HYSYS Project Management IP21 SAP AutoCAD Visual Basic P&ID Focal Point