Name: Afsaneh Taheri Kal-Koshvandi
Address: Tehran, Iran
Date of birth: 5 August 1984
Sex: Female Marital
2018-2019 Postdoctoral researcher
Department of Chemistry, Iran Technology and Science University, Tehran, Iran Supervised by Professor Ali Maleki
Thesis Title: Design, synthesis and application of zeolit-based magnetic nanocomposites in the organic synthesis
2012-2018 PhD in Organic Chemistry
Department of Chemistry, Alzahra University, Tehran, Iran Supervised by Professor Majid M Heravi, Senior Principal Scientist Thesis Title: Preparation of copper nanoparticles embedded in polyvinyl alcohol and their applications in the regioselective synthesis of 1,2,3-triazoles via click reaction under green conditions
Abstract: The submitted thesis involves 2 different parts, albeit all in the field of organic chemisty A) Preparation of copper nanoparticles embedded in polyvinyl alcohol and their applications in the regioselective synthesis of 1,2,3-triazoles via click reaction under green conditions: Copper nanoparticles were immobilized into polyvinyl alcohol matrix. Initially, polyvinyl alcohol-grafted- acrylic acid matrix was produced by mixing a colloidal solution containing of CuI with a water/ammonia solution of PVA in appropriate ratios in pH, 9 in presence of acrylic acid via grafting of acrylic acid (AA) onto PVA by ultrasonic irradiation process. This species were fully characterized by FT-IR, Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM), Energy Dispersive X-ray Spectroscopy (EDXS), ICP-OES, UV-Vis and TGA techniques. Then, this new prepared and well- characterized copper (I) NPs were examined as a catalyst and found being highly efficient and recyclable in the one of the most classist organic reaction, regioselective synthesis of 1,4- disubstitued 1,2,3-triazoles via click reaction. Moreover, a quantitative description for metal- ligand interactions in polyvinyl alcohol-grafted-acrylic acid (PVA-g-AA) supported copper catalyst was presented via quantum chemistry calculations. This work has been accepted by Journal of Inorganic and Organometallic Polymers and Materials. B) Reviews: Applications of Danishefsky’s dienes in catalytic asymmetric hetero-DielsAlder (AHDA) reactions with aldehydes, ketones, 1,2-dicarbonyl compounds and imines are highlighted in detail, including the preparation of catalysts with discussion from a mechanistic points of view. Then, we tried to go insight and highlight the current developments in the applications of SMCR as a key and strategic step (steps) in the total synthesis of biologically active natural products accomplished and reported from 2012 till date.
2008-2011 Master of Science in Organic chemistry
Department of Chemistry, Razi University, Kermanshah, Iran Supervised by Professor M. M. Khodaei and Dr. E. Soleimani M. Sc. Thesis Title: Synthesis of Alkyl nitril and Benzoxazin based on multi-component reaction in green solvents
2003-2007 Bachelor of science in chemistry
Department of Chemistry, Razi University, Kermanshah, Iran PUBLICATIONS
International Conference Papers:
1. Ionic Liquid Promoted One-pot Synthesis of Benzo[b][1,4]oxazines, International Journal of Chemical and Molecular Engineering, 2010, 4, 755-756. Journal Papers:
1. Soleimani E, Khodaei MM, Koshvandi AT. One-pot three-component reaction: Synthesis of substituted β-cyanocarbonyls in aqueous media. Comptes Rendus Chimie. 2012 Apr 1;15(4):273-7.
2. Soleimani E, Khodaei MM, Koshvandi AT. The efficient synthesis of 14-alkyl or aryl 14H- dibenzo [a, j] xanthenes catalyzed by bismuth (III) chloride under solvent-free conditions. Chinese Chemical Letters. 2011 Aug 1;22(8):927-30. 3. Soleimani E, Khodaei MM, Koshvandi AT. Three-Component, One-Pot Synthesis of Benzo
[b][1, 4] oxazines in Ionic Liquid 1-Butyl-3-methylimidazolium Bromide. Synthetic Communications. 2012 May 1;42(9):1367-71.
4. Koshvandi AT, Heravi MM, Momeni T. Current Applications of Suzuki–Miyaura Coupling Reaction in The Total Synthesis of Natural Products: An update. Applied Organometallic Chemistry. 2018 Mar 1;32(3).
5. Salicylaldehydes, as the Privileged Synthons in Multicomponent Reactions, 2018, Russian Chemical Reviews 87, 2018, Russian Chemical Reviews 87, DOI: 10.1070/RCR4780. 6. kal Koshvandi AT, Heravi MM. Applications of Danishefsky’s dienes in asymmetric Oxo-Diels- Alder reactions. Tetrahedron: Asymmetry. 2017 Nov 15;28(11):1506-56 7. Kal-Kashvandi AT, Heravi MM, Ahmadi S, Hosseinnejad T. Copper Nanoparticles in Polyvinyl Alcohol–Acrylic Acid Matrix: An Efficient Heterogeneous Catalyst for the Regioselective Synthesis of 1, 4-Disubstituted 1, 2, 3-Triazoles via Click Reaction. Journal of Inorganic and Organometallic Polymers and Materials. 2018 Jul 1;28(4):1457-67. 8. Kal Koshvandi AT, Heravi MM. Applications of Dainshefsky's Dienes in the Asymmetric synthesis of Aza Diels Alder Reaction. The Chemical Record. 2019 Feb;19(2-3):550-600. Computer Skills:
Office, Word, Powerpoint, Chem Draw, Excel,……