MARTIN P. RIPP
Wheaton, Illinois 60187
Versatile and results driven management professional with a consistent record of success in project management, consulting, supply chain logistics, process improvement, technical analysis and technical support seeking a challenging position within a progressive organization.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
» Team and client-focused leader with a proven record of enhancing overall business and IT operations within the field of global supply chain logistics.
» Demonstrated track record of promotion and success in operating across multiple business divisions, creating benchmarks & metrics and driving growth, process improvements, expense reductions, user acceptance and regression testing as well as compliance.
» Adept at fostering relationships with vendors, clients and internal/external business partners; coordinate with various stakeholders to optimize solutions and streamline operations.
» Strong leader skilled at developing high performing teams to IT/IS innovative business solutions.
» Creative problem-solver; analyze diverse issues, determine plausible alternatives and implement effective solutions.
» Known for resourceful time management and completing tasks efficiently without sacrificing quality.
» Possess extensive experience, training and certification in IT project management methodologies.
• IT Project Management
• Staff Development/Team Leadership
• Application Engineering
• Cross-Departmental Collaboration
• IT Service Delivery Management
• Data Security
• Product Development & Rollout
• Key Client Support & Retention
• Budgeting & Scheduling
• Multi-Project Management
• Communication & Networking
• Systems Integration
• Supply Chain Logistics Operations
• Agile Methodologies
• Process Improvement
LOGILITY TRANSPORTATION SOLUTIONS, Des Plaines, Illinois 2007 to November 2018
Transportation Application Specialist
Responsible for devising, designing and implementing customized supply chain logistics applications to a portfolio of over 100 major clients. Coordinate resources and options to ensure alignment between clients’ logistics, fleet/carrier dispatch IT needs, support and information technology operations. Manage IT strategic leadership, planning, project development, analyst workloads, issue resolution and implementation while driving continuous IT improvements for clients’ logistics. Provide expertise and direction for various client projects to prepare the most effective acquisition and delivery of applications, software, IT documentation and other logistics computing solutions. Supervise and delegate tasks to design team based on individual skills and scheduling.
• Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on all client IT applications including implementation, updating and issue resolution.
• Monitor project schedules/metrics for variance in quality, cost or time frame.
• Develop strategic project plans and present to client management for approval.
• Build and repair full applications as required; design and test systems prior to implementation.
• Lead software meetings in order to on-board client staff members on the utilization of new and existing applications.
• Manage all department budgeting, bidding, sales, marketing and human resources operations.
HUB GROUP, Lombard, Illinois 2000 to 2004
IS Team Manager
Managed all projects related to designing, developing and supplying logistics, imaging and QS operations applications for this global third party freight broker. Directed all aspects of IT projects from inception to completion including application review, components and compliance activities. Oversaw and directed three specialized teams and provided assistance to senior management with strategic planning, capacity planning and risk management.
• Managed and reviewed various facets of operations including scheduling, costs, quality testing and client interfacing.
• Designed and implemented various freight logistic solutions which allowed for enhanced B2B integration into customers’ supply chains.
• Directed human resources operations including sourcing, hiring, training and promoting.
» Built and coordinated a team in the development of a generic solution that allowed for the integration of external customers into the i2 (TM/TO) Transportation and Distribution Management solution, resulting in a growth in the logistics business by 22% in 2001 and 23% in 2002.
Continued on Page Two
MARTIN P. RIPP Page Two
HUB Group continued...
» Spearheaded the implementation of the Pegasus Imaging Solution which improved document/invoice storage and retrieval as well as a drastic reduction in processing times and resources.
» Improved QS daily operations by 12% through coordinating the implementation of the FreightLink and Qual-Comm applications throughout the company’s regional QS facilities.
A.M. CASTLE & COMPANY, Franklin Park, Illinois 1998 to 2000
IS Team Manager - Customer Services
Managed a team of 18 employees in the improvement of IS distribution operations, freight logistics, customer sales and invoicing. Oversaw all human resources operations including recruiting, hiring, training and supervising staff in all operating policies and procedures. Provided assistance with business path development as part of the overall integration testing plan for teams company-wide.
• Tasked with providing clients with comprehensive support pertaining to the use of internal software applications and the implementation of enhanced logistics applications.
• Interfaced frequently with clients to determine needs and developed customized solutions tailored to meet those requirements.
» Provided key support during the creation and launch of an e-commerce initiative involving EDI as well as new software packages.
» Oversaw the successful implementation of the Y2K project from system requirement to completion.
COOPER - LIGHTING DIVISION, Elk Grove Village, Illinois 1995 to 1998
Senior Business Analyst - Supply Chain
Responsible for managing projects relating to freight logistics and business functions for this major lighting company. Combined business, data, technology and application to drive and complete projects. Oversaw the full spectrum of project management including initiating, planning, executing, controlling and finalization of complex application and system modification projects. Developed and implemented short- and long-term projects that enhanced overall operations.
» Reduced order cycle time by 46% through successfully automating the manual process of order consolidation and carrier selection.
» Designed and implemented a system which allowed for improved maintenance of customer carrier preferences.
» Achieved annual cost savings of more than $100K through the preparation of cost analysis of the internal handling of customer invoices.
» Reduced incorrect shipments by an average of 540 per week by developing a customized in-house software application.
ARMOUR SWIFT-ECKRICH, Downers Grove, Illinois 1987 to 1995
Project Leader/Senior Applications Analyst
» Integrated 32 plants and over 200 warehouses and co-packers from manual operation to an enhanced, unified system.
» Designed and implemented an in-house package system which consolidated orders into TL/LTL, resulting in over $4M in annual company savings out of a $100M budget.
TRITON COLLEGE, River Grove, Illinois
Degree in Computer Science
CERTIFICATION & TRAINING:
• Management Training Program (College of DuPage)
• Phillip Crosby Quality Improvement Process (QIP) Certification
• Project Management, Control and Leadership Training
Software: Microsoft Office Suite 365, Microsoft Outlook, Rapid Application Development (RAD), EstiMax/PlanMax, PM Project and Enterprise Systems, McLoad and other TMS application solutions.
Platforms: Windows 10 OS, AS/400, NT, RS6000, Unix and various other platforms.
• Habitat for Humanity - Volunteer
• Christmas in April - Volunteer
Professional References Available Upon Request.