I am a talented mechanical engineer
with excellent cognitive thinking and
the abilities that are required in a
manufacturing facility. Technical know
how about Tools, Dies, Molds,
Machines, Machining, Automation,
Production Planning & Control are few
of my skills. Sound knowledge of
electronics and electricals is my perk.
All these skills have been developed on
a practical basis throughout my
education and work experience.
(Manual & CNC)
Quality Control & Inspection
MiG, Arc & Spot Welding
Hydraulics & Pneumatics
Electrical and Power Electronics
Tool and Die Design
Plastic Molding and Casting
Production Planning and Control
Quality Assurance and Control
Guru Nanak Public School, Ludhiana
1999 - 2010
Affiliated to C.B.S.E
C.G.P.A – 8.2
Central Tool Room, Ludhiana
2013 - 2016
Mechanical Engineering (Tool & Die)
Affiliated to Punjab State Board of Technical Education Sofcon India Pvt. Ltd, New Delhi
Nov 18 – Feb 19
Embedded System Engineering
Affiliated to National Skill Development Corporation WORK EXPERIENCE
Kab Enterprises, Ludhiana
(Manufacturers of Railway Components and Electric Motors & Components) Key Responsibilities
• Design and Development of Various Sheet Metal Dies, Injection Molding, Die Casting Molds, Jigs and Fixtures for processes including Welding, Drilling, De-Burring, Bending and Shearing.
• Maintenance, Rebuilding and Upgrading Dies, Molds, Tools to facilitate better quality and faster production.
• Automation of Manufacturing Processes to cut off human errors and increase production using PLC and other Embedded Systems.
• Coordination with raw material suppliers for in schedule delivery and maintain daily records keeping production in schedule.
• Analyzing production processes and implementing techniques for Production Control and Quality Assurance.
• Implementing 5S, Poke Yoke, Kaizen for continuous improvement.
Some of the Projects Handled
o Development of Railway Fan Guard made of M.S Wire Highlights
This project involved creating Jigs and Fixtures for operations required to make the product which include Profiling, Bending and Spot Welding of joints.
A machine was created for seamless profiling and cutting at a particular length to clamp the fan guard together. All done using PLC, Pneumatic, Timers and various mechanical systems. o Development of an apparatus to control Sewing Machines by people who have Immobile limbs
Project given to the company by USHA International Ltd. Highlights
A prototype was created using power electronics and design theory to create a device through which the sewing machine could have speed, start & stop control through different methods in which a person with any immobile limb could operate comfortably.
The prototype was tested at a Sewing Machine school and was given a GO for final product development.
o Production of Railway Parts which includes Fan Housing, Fan Guard and Carriage LED Luminaire
Monthly delivery of up to 10,000 units of each individual component to various customers.
Coordination of production to meet delivery targets.
Daily inspection of goods to maintain overall quality of production.
Ensure goods packaging is up to customer requirements.