Dr. Reda Ahmed Musa Zbaida
Name: Reda Ahmed Musa Zbaida
DOB: November 20th, 1978
Marital status: single
Address: Cape Town – South Africa.
E-mail address: email@example.com
- MBChB from the college of medicine- university of Tripoli (2004).
- Fellowship of South African College of Pediatric Surgeons from the Colleges of Medicine of South Africa (2018).
I also passed the following exams:
- The United States Medical Licensing Exam step 1 (USMLE step 1) (2007)
- The United States Medical Licensing Exam step 2 clinical knowledge
(USMLE step 2CK) (2008)
- Selection examination of Libyan Board of General Surgery (2007)
- First part of Libyan Board of General Surgery (2009). COURSES:
- Basic surgical skill course (2014)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) course (2015)
- Advanced Paediatric Life Support (APLS) course (2017)
- Emergency management of Severe Burns Course (2017)
- Advanced course of laparoscopic skills (2018)
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Internship (April 2004-April 2005)
Post –graduate Training:
- Department of General Surgery at Tripoli Medical Center (JUNE 2005-DEC 2013), one of the busiest hospitals in the capital city of Libya.
- Rotations in various surgical department as part of training of Libyan Board of General Surgery.
- Department of pediatric surgery at The Tygerberg Academic Hospital in South Africa (March 2014- October 2018).
- Rotation in Adult ICU for 3 months at Tygerberg hospital
(intermediate exam requirement).
- Rotation for 3 months in trauma unit at Tygerberg hospital
(intermediate exam requirement).
- During my residency in pediatric surgery department I was involved in all kind of surgeries:
o Elective Major cases (Wilm’s tumor resection,
Hepatoenterostomy, Gastric pull-up …. etc.).
o Elective minor cases (Inguinal and umbilical hernias, Orchidopexies, Dermoid cysts excisions…. etc.)
o Emergencies during on call duties (Midgut volvulus, gun shots injuries, TOF repair, and other different types of atresia’s, NEC, SIP…etc.)
- As well as in:
o The patient’s management in wards as well as in out-patients clinic.
o Academic program (academic rounds, Presentations, Radiology meeting, Pathology meeting, Journal Clubs, Mock exams).
o Teaching Medical students and junior registrars.
- Research for MMED degree at Stellenbosch university, From Jan 2019 till the present time.
- South African Pediatric Surgery Trainee Association congress (August 2018), I presented (The Urodynamic study in urinary incontinence).
- South African Pediatric Surgery Trainee Association congress
(January 2017), I presented (Is the PAIR a best option?).
- Pediatric Hepatobiliary and Liver Transplant Symposium (November 2017), I presented a case report (Xanthogranulomatus cholangitis).
- Pediatric Colorectal and Urology congress (June 2017). Professional society memberships:
- The South African college of pediatric surgery (2018).
- The South African pediatric Trainee Association (2014-2018).
- The Libyan general medical council 2005.
- The Libyan surgery society 2007 to present.
- Health professions council of south Africa (2012 – to present). Language Proficiency:
- Arabic: Mother tongue.
- English: Fluent.
Pediatric Xanthogranulomatus cholangitis (the first described case in pediatric age group),
www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2213576618301465. Hirschsprung disease: A Review,
1.Professor Samad Shaik, MB, ChB (Natal), FCS(SA), Cert Paed Surg (SA), AMP. Head of South African college of pediatric surgery. firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Professor Heinz Rode, MBChB (Pret), MMed (Surg) (Pret), FRCS (Edinburgh), FCS (SA). Emeritus Professor of pediatric surgery at cape town university. email@example.com
3. Professor Berhouz Baieghbal, MB,FRCS(I),FCS(SA)Paed Surg. Head of pediatric surgery department at Stellenbosch university. firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +27-21-938-****.
I am Dr Reda Zbaida, a qualified pediatric surgeon, looking for new opportunities. Your sincerely.