William J Beck
Pittsburgh PA, *5210
Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Experience in 480v 3 phase, AC/DC drives, motors, servos, encoders, VFD, starters, safety relays, control relays, safety switches, photo eyes, conveyor systems, pneumatic and hydraulic valves and switchgear. Core Competencies
● Troubleshooting with ohmmeter, voltmeter and oscilloscope.
● Created work list, scheduled & preformed predictive & preventive maintenance.
● Accustom to fast-paced, under pressure, long hours in a industrial setting.
● Inspected & fixed problems in the functionality of transformers, lighting and motors.
● Installed, built and fixed PLC, control cabinets from scratch or by following detailed prints.
● Fabricated parts utilizing milling machine, band saw and arch welding out of raw materials. Equipment installed or maintain
● Roll grinder
● Furnace and boilers.
● Robotic arms, drives, motors and conveyors.
● Over head cranes.
● Pneumatic & hydraulic systems.
● Hot mill, cold mill, hot band leveling line.
Graduated from Triangle Tech with Associates degree in Maintenance Electricity. Work History
Have been working independently on various jobs from, 4/2018 - Present. Sipple Steel, Maintenance Electrician(Industrial)
9/2017 - 3/2018
Was responsible to keep all the machines running, electrical or mechanical. Maintained over head cranes, installed new lifting cables. Used oscilloscopes, amp meters, volt meters also soldering and troubleshooting electronic components. Other equipment maintained, mig welders, band saws that cut steel I beams, conveyor belts with steel rollers and there bearings. Plasma cutters and small electrical hand tools. Self contained sandblaster. L.W. Electrical, Foreman, 07/2012 - 05/2015
Ran crew of 5 - 10 electrician, Set timelines for phases of Electrical project. Ordered and organize materials and kept accurate records of cost associated with project. Designed detailed information on the installation of Porsche charging units for hybrid cars that is used for all Porsche dealership in U.S. Also with first 2-3yrs of company traveled, updating First Energy Maintenance Garages card readers, CCTV, Security Alarms and Fire Alarms. Matuszak Brothers Electrical journeyman electrician/sub foreman, 02/2010 - 05/2012 Worked on various electrical projects. Organized all Electrical work from switchgear room, kitchen and first 3 floors of Hilton in cranberry.
Biernacki Technical Service.10/2004 - 12/2009
Apprentice to journeyman electrician.
Worked on numerous projects from residential, commercial and industrial. Rebuilt Amphitheater in Station Square. Replaced old switchgear for Bayer.
McGinnis Electrical,06/2003 - 09/2004, Apprentice. Assisted electrician on various industrial projects. Won rookie of the year.