Carlos A. Sanchez-Aguirre MBA-IBM
Phone: 867-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org 6 - 12th Avenue Whitehorse, YT. Y1A 4J4
Highlighted Qualifications and Experience
• Extreme customer client-focused; Interpersonal awareness.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and balance conflicting priorities, flexibility.
• Ability to work well independently as well as within a team, strong negotiation skills.
• Detail-oriented individual with the ability to recognize and resolve discrepancies effectively and efficiently
• Reliable, highly motivated individual with strong organization skills.
• Ability to handle a heavy workload with accuracy, hard work and efficiency.
• Strong technical skills: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project, Outlook.
• Adept at working with diverse cultures and understanding of personal and cultural identity.
• Conduct me with integrity and adhere to high ethical standards.
• Languages: English excellent, Spanish native, French conversational. Education / Training / Certifications
• Diploma: Master Business Administration, INCAE Business School, Alajuela, Costa Rica
• Diploma: Environmental Management, FEDS – Purdue University, Ecuador
• Certificate: Post-Graduate International Business Management (Honours), Sheridan College, Oakville, ON Work Experience
Founder - Owner. Klondike Remediation & Cleaning Solutions, Whitehorse, YT, Canada September 2016-present
• Planning & Operations management.
Operations – Supervisor: OMEX Office Maintenance Experts, Burlington, ON, Canada June 2012- 2016 USA Franchise with 89 locations to which we provide services in the GTA
• Materials and tool inventory, quality control contributing to ISO standards
• Recruiting, training, and Supervision.
Production Supervision: Sherwood Signs 2011- April 2012 Toronto base serving the GTA with Large format digital printing and signs services
• Ensure that time and products are aligned with the client's needs.
• Liaison with warehouse materials and products to ensure the client's expectations are met or exceeded. Resource Support Specialist: Centre for Intercultural Learning-Canadian Foreign Services 2009-2016; on-call Canada's largest provider of cross-cultural and international training services for internationally-assigned government and private sector personnel.
• Advisory services and assisted clients with acquiring intercultural skills vital to their successful international business experience by developing and sharing a political, economic and social analysis of a specific country.
• Creating and delivering PowerPoint presentations on business culture and etiquette, and social customs norms. political history and geography to Canadian business officials who were embarking on business travel to specific countries •
Founder and Board Member of YSTAS Yukon Science and Technology Advisory Society 2019 - Present Treasurer, Board Member Mothers Against Drunk Driver, Yukon Chapter 2017 - Present Director of Economic Development Projects, Board Member: CCAMRE 2009 - 2018 www.canadiancamre.org
References and other information, upon request.