firstname.lastname@example.org www.linkedin.com/in/sharang-rane 313-***-****
** ******* *****, **********, ** - 03104
• Experience in MEP Revit and AUTOCAD for designing and modeling HVAC/R devices also designing, planning and drafting HVAC systems for Residential/Commercial complexes, Storage Units, Offices & Workshops.
• Specialized skills in Model – Based Design using SOLIDWORKS software.
Texas A&M University Kingsville May 2019
Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering GPA - 3.16 University of Mumbai May 2016
Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering GPA - 3.00
Software - SOLIDWORKS, AUTOCAD, REVIT, Microsoft Office.
Air Vision Technologies Pvt. Ltd. Mumbai
Design Engineer September 2016 - June 2017
• Responsible for analyzing RFQ/Tender documents.
• Designing and preparing schematic G.A drawings for Air Handling Units, Air Washers, Exhaust, and Ventilation Units on AUTOCAD.
• Selecting optimum types of equipment and materials by complying to the technical requirements and implementing new methodology and exploring various alternatives, giving cost benefits to the client.
• Preparing technical datasheet and corresponding documents for technical submission.
• Cost estimation, preparing technical and commercial proposal for the clients.
• Maintaining client database on the ongoing project, identifying barriers and communicate same to senior.
• Regular follow up on offer and resolving technical queries of the client.
• Improved order bookings to 10% than the previous.
• Increased turnover ratio of the nonstandard clients by 15% due to low cost and technical compliance. Alkomed Engineering Services W.L.L Bahrain
Mechanical Engineering Intern May - July 2013
• Worked in Bahrain, at Reef Island Lot-10 Apartment and 66 KV substations projects.
• Responsible for working with the Engineering team that carried out conceptualization, planning, development and final design of the project that included Heat load calculations and Design of Central air-conditioning system on AUTOCAD and REVIT.
• Supervision of the project installations and coordination with clients, and contractors.
• Work also included evaluation of project scopes and budget for the services.
1. Skimmer Machine - Designed and fabricated a low-cost oil skimming machine for the workshop to remove oil and grease from machine tool coolant and aqueous parts washers which allowed the coolant to be reused multiple times saving cost on coolant replacement.
2. Multi-Purpose Pneumatic Press - Designed and fabricated a low-cost pneumatic press and designed and integrated tools for the machine to carry out workshop jobs. The conventional press on the shop floor was replaced by the pneumatic press because of its efficiency, faster performance, modularity, and low maintenance cost. 3. Modeling of a Cooling Pond - Studied different types of heat rejection devices and formulated a Mathematical Model for designing a cooling pond using thermodynamic equations.
Design and modeling of Track Driven Mobile Robot - Designed and developed a surveillance robot consisting of 3-axis gimbal using Solid-Works software. Developed different test case maneuvers to validate the response of the robot and carried out simulations and motion analysis of the system for Motion Study.