Iowa State University August 2015 – December 2019
Bachelor Degree in Food Science
Research Assistant – Ames, IA May 2019 – Present
Department of Plant Pathology Iowa State University
● Manage inspection of seeds, plant tissues, and soil samples for disease and insect damage.
● Apply plant pathology protocols in lab, greenhouse, and field to support plant screening diagnostic activities for breeding, research, and production programs.
Iowa State University Recreational Service – Ames, IA May 2017 – Present Life Guard
● Patrol and Monitor recreational area and swimming areas.
● Contact emergency medical personnel in case of serious injury.
● Maintain quality of pool water by testing chemical levels. Crystal Lake South High School – Crystal Lake, IL May 2017 – May 2018 Varsity Women’s Soccer Assistant Coach
● Provide training direction, encouragement, motivation, and nutritional advice to prepare athletes for games and competitive events.
● Serve as organizer and leader for games and practices. ACTIVITIES/PROJECTS
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies August 2018 – December 2018 Sensory Evaluation of Food Final Project
● Applied sensory evaluation techniques to assess the appearance, aroma, flavor, texture and acceptability of the food product.
● Worked cooperatively to identify sensory evaluation objectives, write hypotheses, design and conduct experiments, and analyse and interpret data.
Development of Chickpea Based Frozen Dessert January 2019 – June 2019 Food Product and Development Senior Project
● Responsible for selecting a food product formula, determining consumer expectations, and evaluating the product through consumer and instrumental testing.
● Implemented process development, effects of storage and issues pertaining to handling, packaging, and shipping.
● Addressed issues which include consumer acceptance, shelf-life testing, nutritional labelling, final package and label design, and instrumental testing of the product from the scaled-up process. Effect of Temperature Abuse on Listeria innocua in Potato Salad January 2019 – June 2019 Food Microbiology Final Project
● Practiced aseptic techniques, media preparation, and plating methods used for the microbial examination of foods.
● Determine if there would be significant differences in CFU/g of L. innocua in potato salad stored at various temperatures.
Saint Xavier University Women’s Soccer Team August 2015 – Fall 2017