Accomplished accounting professional with a strong proficiency in performing daily payroll operations. Analytic-thinker with full command on e-Time and Kronos, ADP pay@work and Query. Track record of maintaining and checking payroll records for accuracy. High degree of professionalism with a proven ability to deal delicately with confidential material.
• EXCEL PIVOT Table, VLOOK Ups.(Advanced 5 years)
• Accpac, Traverse, Quickbooks (Advanced 2 years)
• Ceridian, Payworks, SAP, Kronos and ADP pay@work ( Advanced 1 year)
• ADP PCPW, PEOPLESOFT (Advanced 3 years)
• Daily Payroll Operations • Recordkeeping
• Task Prioritization • Attendance Processing
• Complaint Processing • Payroll Auditing
• Time Sheets Computation • Check Processing
• Taxation • Ad-hoc Reporting
• Garnishment Calculations
Vive Crop Protection Inc.
Jan 2019-July 2019
General Accountant /Payroll and Benefits Administrator
Process by-weekly payroll, leave accrual and related actives.
Update payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, saving deductions.
Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
Maintain payroll operations by following policies and procedures, reporting needed changes.
Verified completeness and accuracy of the payroll work, calculations, and records.
Consulted with manager to resolve problems within the payroll department relating to physical resources, staffing and quality control.
Facilitate and resolve discrepancies, problem-solve and review payroll reports to ensure accuracy prior to finalizing payments.
Respond to all inquiries regarding pay and deductions in a timely manner and make appropriate adjustments as required.
Work closely with the HR and Finance departments to provide scheduled and ad-hoc reporting as required
Manage the year-end reconciliation process and complete all reporting requirements such as T4s, ROEs, government remittances etc.
Reconciled payroll discrepancies.
Effectively resolved conflicts and assisted new employees and other staff with payroll policy and business operations.
Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
Process employee expense reports.
Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly.
Respond to all vendor inquires.
Sales HST tax reporting.
Assist in month-end closing.
Reconcile bank statements.
Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
Prepare monthly recurring and adjustment journal entries, perform reconciliations and journal entries, work with appropriate personnel to resolve reconciling items.
Cash management, reporting, reconciling and collection GL accounts may also be assigned.
Responsible for correcting discrepancies and explaining monthly differences in account analysis and reconciliation.
Responsible for monthly general ledger entries, inventory accounting and bank reconciliation of multiple accounts.
St Hilda’s Tower Inc. Senior Assistant and Living -Nonprofit Senior Community
Mar 2016- Jan 2017
Accounts Payable Specialist and Payroll and Benefits Administrator
• Prepare and process biweekly payroll for all hourly and salary employees through Ceridian Insync payroll system within federal and Provincial legislation.
• Download, compile and process payroll journal entries through ACCPAC accounting software.
• Investigate discrepancies and process adjustment. Prepare Record of Employment, garnishment and government remittances.
• Ensure efficient delivery, updating and maintaining benefit and pension information.
• Back up for Accountant for vacation relief.
• Supervise all regular accounting processes such as A/P and journal entries plus monthly closure account.
• Analyze and forecast financial requirements for organization.
• Ensure efficient working of all financial transactions.
• Assist departments in account reconciliation process on monthly basis.
• Monitor authorized account reconciliation process.
• Administer all bank transactions and oversee data recording procedures monthly.
• Analyze different general ledger accounts regularly.
• Develop budgetary plans for processes as per requirement.
• Design and prepare audit schedules for external audit processors.
• Provide support to safe keeping of internal expenses in company.
• Develop and formulate all reports for repeated usage.
• Processed 3 way PO matching invoices utilizing ACCPAC. Processed 2 way manual payment requests.
• Monitored accounts with 300+ vendors. Responded to vendor payment inquiries. Investigated pricing discrepancies.
• Provided accruals and proposed journal entries for month end reporting.
• Generated year end schedules and work papers for audit.
• Managed expense reports. Reconciled credit card purchases.
• Audit and upload utilities billings for payment. Act as main contact for all day to day transactions and inquiries.
• Coordinated auditing and providing financial analysis and ad-hoc report in timely fashion.
• Acted as point of contact for all operations and procedural questions.
Canadian Stage Company- Non-profit Contemporary Theatre Company
Feb 2015- Mar2016
Payroll and Benefits Administrator
• Prepare and process weekly payroll for two payroll groups which include unionized and non-unionized employees through Payworks,
• Prepare and enter payroll journals into project costing and general ledger through Traverse accounting system.
• Process remittance including union dues, garnishment, RRSP, WSIB and group insurance.
• Administrate Group benefits plan and RRSP pension plan, add new member and update changes. Prepare monthly head count report as required.
• Assisting salary and benefits forecasting and budgeting and financial analysis for year end processing.
Toronto Public Library- Government Organization
Jan 2014- Aug 2014
Payroll Administrator (Contract)
• Process regular pay, overtime pay, vacation pay, sick leave, statutory holiday earnings, shift premium earnings for over 2000 unionized and non unionized employees in multi branches through Ceridian Payflex.
• Set up new hires, update pay rates, budget code and sorting code in accordance with personnel changes forms from HR department.
• Issue records of employment as required and draft employment letters.
• Managing all garnishments, deduction, vacation accruals, sick bank credits and employees transfers.
Kaplan (Canada) Ltd- A Washington Post Company
December 2010 to December 2013
Payroll and Benefits Administrator
• Prepare and process bi-weekly payroll for 270 salaried and hourly employees across Canada (Ontario, Alberta, BC and Quebec) and USA through ADP PCPW and PEOPLESOFT.
• Create and analyze payroll report for payroll and benefit reconciliation
• Respond to internal and external payroll inquiries liaised with various external stakeholders, such as, but not limited to payroll provider, as well as internal s supervisors/managers and employees.
• Administrate SunLife Group Benefits plan and Standard Group Plan RRSP, add new number and update changes. Prepare monthly head count report as required.
• Keep current with changes in Canadian legislation that impact all payroll processing functions.
• Assisting and coordinating successful implementation of PEOPLESOFT software.
• Honor Diploma in Accounting Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology, Toronto. 2014
• Bachelor Degree in Business Administration Shanghai International Studies University Shanghai, China
• Payroll Compliance Practitioner Certificate from Canadian Payroll Association . 2010
• Working toward CPM certificate
Reference upon request