Dr (Mrs.) Soumya Sucharita Mohanty
MBBS, MD (Community Medicine)
Address: Ancy Nivas, SRA-A32, Shanti Nagar, Kazhakuttom PO Trivandrum-695582.
(Date of Birth: 7th April 1985)
SKILLS and INTEREST
My skill lies in
UNICEF and NHM training on “WHO/UNICEF Effective Vaccine Management (EVM)”.
UNICEF training on “National nutrition programmes & Strategies in MBBS Curriculum”
Research proposal Preparation and Report writing. Training of Health workers.
Data Analysis using Softwares - SPSS and MENDELEY (Trained at IMS & SUM Hospital)
- MS Office and Internet applications.
My areas of Interests are:
Epidemiological investigations / research.
Public health planning and policy making
Reproductive & Child Health, Nutrition
2019 Medical Officer(Contract) at Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, ISRO (11.6.19-Continuing) 2019 NPTEL online Certification for course on “Manage TB” – by ICMR-NIRT & Swayam (83%) 2018
State level EVM (Effective Vaccine Management) Assessor.(UNICEF & Odisha Govt. trained)
Senior Resident (SR) at Fakir Mohan Medical College and Hospital, Balasore, Odisha. Nov. 2017 to Feb. 2019.
Classroom and Field Teaching for MBBS undergrads and Interns. Field teaching to Undergrads from various fields at Water Treatment Plant, State Vaccination store, Biomedical waste treatment plant, OMFED factory, R.H.T.C, Sunderpada etc. 2011-14
Worked as Junior Resident / Tutor in KIMS Hospital, Bhubaneswar. (12.12.11-18.5.13 and 12.3.14-10.6.14)
Project undertaken: (MD Thesis):“A Study on Knowledge, Attitude and Practice on HIV & HEP-B Infection care amongst the health care personnel, students & trainees of Hi-tech MCH, Bhubaneswar. EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
1. “Community Medicine as a Career Option: Perception among the Medical Students in a Medical College of Bhubaneswar, Odisha”, Published in IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences, Vol. 18, Issue 4, Series. 13, April 2019.
2. “An assessment on breastfeeding and weaning practices in Odisha, Bhubaneswar”, American Journal of Public Health Research, volume 3, No.4A, Page 49-52, 2015. 3. “Coverage of Hepatitis-b vaccination amongst the health care personnel, students and trainees of Hi-tech medical college and hospital, Bhubaneswar, Odisha: A Cross sectional study”, Journal of Community Medicine, Official publication of IAPSM Odisha state chapter, 2016 issue. 4. “Assessment of prevalence and Risk factors of Diabetes Mellitus amongst the adult population in the campus of Hi-tech Medical College and Hospital, Bhubaneswar, Odisha”, Journal of Community Medicine, IAPSM Odisha state chapter official publication, 2016. Degree Duration Institution/University Grades
MD (Community Medicine) 2014 - 17 Hi-tech Medical College and Hospital, Utkal University, Odisha
M. B. B. S. 2005 - 11 65.83%
(Science) 2001 - 03 BJB Junior College, Bhubaneswar, Odisha 73.55% 10
2001 Government Girls High School, Burla,Odisha 90.00% RESUME
1. “KAP on family planning methods among married women in an urban slum area of Bhuban- eswar, Odisha.”- XXXIII Annual Conf. Odisha State Branch IMS and SUM Hospital,Bhubaneswar. 2. “Capacity building exercise enhancing knowledge, skill, positive attitude and work place safety.” – 60
Annual Conference on Indian Public Health Association, Dehradun. CONFERENCES ATTENDED
World Congress on Public Health-2015, Kolkata
ODISHA STATE VACCICON-2015, Bhubaneswar, Odisha
3. XXXIV ANNUAL CONFERENCE IAPSM-Odisha State Branch - 2015, SCBMC, Cuttack, Odisha 4. 2
ODISHA STATE VACCICON - 2016, Puri, Odisha.
ANNUAL CONFERENCE,IAPSM-ODISHA STATE BRANCH - 2016,KIMS, Odisha 6. 44
ANNUAL NATIONAL CONFERENCE, IAPSMCON 2017, Kolkata WORKSHOPS / CMEs ATTENDED
1. “WHO/UNICEF Effective Vaccine Management (EVM)” training by UNICEF and NHM. 2. “Updated National nutrition programmes & Strategies in MBBS Curriculum” training by UNICEF held at MKCGMCH, Berhampur, 27
3. “Depression : Lets Talk” organized by Department of Community Medicine of Hi-tech Medical College and Hospital, Bhubaneswar,
4. “Research Methodology” organized by Department of Community Medicine of Hi-tech Medical College and Hospital, Bhubaneswar, 23
5. “Research Methodology in Health Sciences“ organized by Department of Community Medicine of IMS & SUM Hospital in association with IAPSM, Bhubaneswar, 25 th
6. “Basic Biostatistics using SPSS Software” at IMS & SUM Hospital in association with IAPSM, Bhubaneswar, 21
7. “Tobacco not only thrills but kills” Organized by Department of Community Medicine at Hi-tech Medical College and Hospital, Bhubaneswar, 31st May 2016. 8. “Non Communicable Diseases (NCDs)”, at Apollo Hospitals, Bhubaneswar, 22 nd
9. “Trends of Diabetes in Modern life style and its Prevention” Organized by Department of Community Medicine at Hi-tech Medical College and Hospital, Bhubaneswar, 7th April, 2016 10. “Pneumococcal pneumonia and pneumococcal conjugate vaccine” Organized by Department of Community Medicine at Hi-tech Medical College and Hospital, Bhubaneswar, 6 th
11. “Managing Citations and References using free reference software” at Department of Community Medicine, IMS & SUM Hospital, Bhubaneswar, 15 th
12. “Future of Public Health in India” by KIIT School of Public Health, 14th& 15 th
13. “Basic Statistics & SPSS: Fundamental of Biostatistics, Principles of Epidemiology &Hands on training on SPSS” at Department of Community Medicine, IMS & SUM Hospital, Bhubaneswar, 14
14. “Health Management, Management of Information System, Health Economics, and Medical Audit” at Hi-tech Medical College and Hospital with cooperation of Public Health Foundation of India(IIPHB), Bhubaneswar, 30
Indian Public Health Association: Membership No. - L/2016/ORI/7415 Indian Medical Association (IMA), Odisha. Membership No.-ORS/4343/4/788/229019/2017-18L MY REFERENCES
1. Dr. Ajit C Sekhar,Chief Medical Officer(CMO),VSSC/ISRO,Contact: email@example.com,+91-828******* 2. Dr (Prof.,HOD) Nirmal Chandra Sahani, Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, +91-943******* 3. Dr (Prof.,HOD) Archana Patnaik, Contact: email@example.com, +91-943*******
 HOD, Community Medicine Department, Hi-tech Medical College and Hospital, Bhubaneswar, Odisha-751025
 HOD, Community Medicine Department, Fakir Mohan Medical College and Hospital, Govt. of Odisha, Balasore.