Special Education/Autism Paraprofessional
Springfield, VA 22153
I am a military veteran seeking positions in which my seasoned skills in the areas of jet engines, facilities, security, logistics, project management, contract management, and business administration can be utilized, and knowledge earned in completion of Facilities Management Certification classes at George Mason University can be applied.
Willing to relocate: Anywhere
Special Education/Autism Paraprofessional
Alexandria City Public Schools - Alexandria, VA
April 2008 to August 2015
• Perform daily activities to ensure proper application of special education needs program for students with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) according to the Combating Autism Act (CAA) and other related programs.
• Perform paraprofessional activities to support approved teaching and instructional methods designed for students with special educational needs, learning disorders, and other autism disorders in grades 6-8.
• Perform other teacher instructional assistance duties when needed. Sales Associate and Loss Prevention Investigator
The Home Depot, Woodbridge - Alexandria, VA
December 2004 to February 2007
• Performed daily sales associate duties in the electrical and hardware departments while providing excellent customer service to all customers.
• Conducted daily physical and electronic surveillance of store activities, performed interviews and investigations to stop internal and external theft and reduce store shrinkage stock.
• Ensured compliance with OSHA and EPA regulations during the disposal and handling of hazardous material.
• Performed daily safety and security inspections of interior and exterior areas of store while performing duties of Loss Prevention Investigator. Noted concerns and reported findings to management.
Facilities/Security Management Specialist
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - Washington, DC February 1990 to June 2004
• Managed and coordinated Capital Investment Projects to maintain buildings and equipment in a condition of operating excellence to ensure full use of the facilities at all times, maintaining the grounds of all facilities in a condition of safety, neatness, and aesthetic attractiveness, and supporting the environmental education and security process by protecting staff, students, and visitors from harm, illegal entry, and vandalism.
• Ensured peak performance of facilities personnel by providing facilities and security-related training, cost-effective and safe conditions in accordance with the approved budget and contractual requirements to provide environmentally healthy, safe and secure work environments at EPA headquarters and annex locations.
• Managed multi-million dollar budgets and projects while communicating with internal and external stakeholders during numerous projects with federal government agencies in Washington, DC and employees at the Environmental Protection Agency during 911 Shelter-In-Place and COOP operations
• Supervised the installation and implementation of Commercial - off- the shelf (COTS) support services and helpdesk systems and devices at various EPA locations in the Washington, DC area, while managing supply chain matters for the receipt, shipping, storage, and distribution of EPA property.
• Extensive experience in strict compliance and security requirements (FISMA and/or Sarbanes-Oxley standards and regulation during federal government career of over 20 years.
• Provided regular status reports of current, completed, and projected projects/maintenance problems while responding to administration requirements and staff concerns.
• Established continuous training and educational programs for facilities personnel and EPA employees in the proper reporting of maintenance concerns and submission of work orders to ensure timely resolution of maintenance matters.
• Interpreted layouts, schematics, mechanical drawings, and construction documents in the renovation and construction of work spaces locations.
Aircraft Jet Engine Technician
Military - United States Air Force and Air Force Reserves March 1968 to September 1998
preventive maintenance, flight line maintenance, operations and material control
• Knowledge and experience of logistics management with special emphasis on cargo security programs and DOD contracts at foreign and domestic locations. General Services Officer and Facilities Distribution Management Specialist U.S. Department of State, American Embassy Jidda, SA, Kinshasa, Zaire - Washington, DC August 1981 to February 1990
Washington, DC August 1981 - Feb 1990
• As Facility Distribution Manager, I Managed and coordinated Fleet Services and Motor Pool programs, Capital Improvement Construction and IT projects, and Maintenance Projects to ensure peak building operations and maintenance, performance of staff and teams, ensure cost-effective and safe conditions, in accordance with the approved budget, and contractual requirements to provide environmentally healthy & safe and secure residential and work environments at American Embassies and Washington, DC locations.
• As GSO at overseas locations, I performed Project Manager duties as I established, coordinated, managed, and supervised preventive maintenance trade skills teams, logistics projects, labor services programs, distribution, and warehouse operations at American Embassy compounds.
• As GSO at overseas locations, I coordinated clearance of sensitive shipments through local customs office, foreign ministry representatives, and airport and seaport authorities to ensure safe transportation of household shipments and special event materials to American Embassy Jidda. Education
B.S. in Business Administration in Business Administration Strayer University
George Mason University - Fairfax, VA
Organizational Skills, CPR, Teaching, retail sales, Marketing, maintenance, Security (10+ years), HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, Budgeting (10+ years), Facilities Management (10+ years), Scheduling (10+ years), Outlook (10+ years), budget (10+ years), Receptionist, MS Office (10+ years), Leadership Experience, Management Experience, Time Management, Accounts Receivable, Transportation Management Systems, Freight Experience, Team Management Military Service
Branch: United States Air Force