VALENTINE T TEKO
firstname.lastname@example.org H: 240-***-****
CERTIFIED SCRUM MASTER (CSM)
• A reliable and self-motivated Scrum Master with 7+ years of experience in the field of Information Technology.
• Expert in transforming organizations into healthy growing agile environments and in successfully guiding teams to continuously release high quality, on time software while reducing waste by thinking lean.
• A great record of success as a team leader with great coordination skills and time management with effective communication skills.
• Experience using agile project management tools like JIRA/Confluence, Visual Studios, excels, SharePoint, Microsoft calendar and Rally.
• Experience transforming Waterfall teams to high-performing, cross-functional, Agile teams - including Scrum, Lean, and Kanban
• Passionate, value-driven Agile Change Agent, servant leader with over 4 years of experience in leading organization in implementing Agile transformation, quality and process improvement
• Educated Product Owner, Team, Management and Company. Encouraged Project Organization.
• Encouraged Project Transparency.
• Ensured Scrum Process is running, and team followed the Values and Practices of Scrum.
• Thorough understanding of Agile environment and proper comprehension of Portfolio, Value Stream, Program, Team Level, HIP iterations, Portfolio Kanban, Program Kanban.
• Coached the team for adoption of agile tools and practices.
• Driven high throughput of the scrum team by identifying, preventing and eliminating potential issues and roadblocks across partner teams and products.
• Experienced in writing user stories and splitting user stories to satisfy INVEST criteria using various strategies. Skills
Jira, Confluence, Slack Channel, SharePoint, Configuration Management, CICD, Agile Methodologies, Customer Service, Public Speaking, Team Building, training, Time negotiation, Continuous Improvement, Product Development, Team work, Team leadership, coaching, Poker Planning, User Stories, Team Assessment, Capacity Planning, Servant Leadership, Scrum Ceremonies.
01/2016 - Current
San Francisco, CA
• Work with business and IT partners to identify and implement multiple technical projects of varying sizes, as defined by company methodology, such as building Enterprise Content Management Workflows, full life-cycle application development.
• Work with Data Engineering teams and help them deliver the important milestones with exceptional servant leadership skills.
• Assist the organization in Agile transformation, coach and mentor team members, stake holders and fellow scrum masters in the process.
• Run filter queries in JIRA and provide insights in reports from JIRA boards, find solutions for the concerned boards and teams.
• Manage JIRA dash boards for teams.
• Improve the performance of forming teams and coach them to attain a performing stage.
• Remove impediments and conduct an environment suitable for agile teams.
• Manage the backlog working closely with product owner.
• Guide and coach POs in prioritizing.
• Manage medium to large systems and/or products and direct system analysts, software designers and programmers to determine best methods to achieve project objectives.
• Guide the team's operations by facilitating ceremonies (e.g.
• daily standup, sprint planning, sprint reviews, retrospectives) and instilling Agile principles into daily activities to ensure smooth functioning of the delivery team.
• Shield the team from interruptions and removes obstacles that may impact the delivery.
• Lead and manage project, business and IT stakeholders in a collaborative manner in order to successfully deliver planned scope, with quality, and according to approved timelines.
• Demonstrate understanding of Agile framework and iterative development practices and implement methods for tracking deliverables generated within this model.
• Incorporate Anthem Agile concepts into execution activities as appropriate and as directed by the IT PMO and the Agile Center of Excellence.
• Coach and mentor other Scrum Master around Agile methodologies.
• Define/recommend contractual agreements for technical services and products; coordinates requirements, schedules implementation and post-implementation activities.
• Define quality gates for each sprint; defines critical success factors.
• May assist with DevOps initiatives (Configuration management, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment) Skills: JIRA, Confluence, Product Owner Coaching, Stakeholder Management, Communication, Scaled Agile, SAFe Practitioner, Agile Mentor, Critical Thinking, Agile transformation, Dashboards.
12/2013 - 06/2016
NASA FCU Greenbelt
• Facilitated sprint planning, retrospective and sprint demos.
• Assisted Product Owners with keeping their backlog groomed.
• Helped the organization adopt agile philosophy and coached teams and stake holders through agile transformation.
• Improved team performance using different techniques and promoted healthy work culture fit for high performance teams.
• Ensured cross-team coordination happens and remove impediments when necessary.
• Maintained relevant metrics that help the team see how they are doing.
• Coached and mentored other members of our Product teams.
• Help ensure that our ways of working together are consistent across the teams.
• Helped train other Product Teams, Owners, and members on best practices of Agile Scrum methodologies.
• Acted as a Project Manager when necessary.
• Take responsibility for managing outliers - tasks and dependencies between our software development teams, third parties or Product teams.
• Built and tracked both the Release Plan and the Scrum/Iteration plan.
• Assisted with prioritization and resolution of software defects.
• Interfaced with Program Management Office to ensure project goals and requirements are being met.
• Assisted the team with implementing effective agile disciplinary practices.
• Analyzed the business case for the project to understand the organizational needs.
• Captured and defined the vision and scope of the project in the project planning.
• Created sample of data prototypes for approval from sponsors and business owners on how the data can be migrated Skills: Mentor, Coach, Rally, JIRA,TFS, Confluence, Product Owner Negotiation, Agile transformation, Scrum framework, Critical thinking, problem solving. 11/2012 - 11/2013
Hope Found Inc.
Silver Spring, MD
Business Analyst/Scrum Master Comcast
• Facilitated and communicated meetings with the project manager, writing new requirements.
• whenever there is any requirement churn and team feels re-prioritizing or changing the user stories for the current sprint is necessary.
• Studied the needs of multiple stakeholders and facilitate the negotiation of requirements among them by collaborating with various members of the business community.
• Determined business and operational objectives by working with business functions, gathering information, and evaluating output requirements and formats.
• Identified and documented current and future-state business processes.
• Created, analyzed, and validated detailed functional specifications.
• Delivered and maintained elements of systems design, including information flows, data requirements, business rules, business processes, wireframes, or other detailed deliverables.
• Facilitated design sessions with the implementation team to define the solution and enable informed decision-making about what investments to make in technology.
• Maintained professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices.
• Extensively experienced for organizing and documenting requirements, preparing use cases, writing business documents and reports in Pre- Testing phase.
• Prepared use case documents and utilized MS Visio to create UML diagrams including use case, to extract business process flows and workflows, thereby assisting development and quality assurance teams in understanding the requirements.
• Participated in JAD sessions for requirement, feasibility and risk analysis with various stakeholders, including designers, developers, QA and management to identify critical and high-risk areas of the application.
Education and Training
2012 Bachelors in Social Sciences
University of Buea