ACCOUNTING SUPERVISOR – Oct. 2015 – Sept. 2017
Batangueño Port Services, Inc. – Batangas City, Philippines
• Directed and guided an Accounts Payable Clerk, Accounts Receivable Clerk, and Billing Clerk.
• Ensure timely and accurate processing of billing, accounts payable and receivables also properly handling of petty cash.
• Review business activities such as journal entries, monthly revenue, and expense accrual, balance sheet account reconciliation, bank reconciliations, and monthly financial reports prior to submission.
• Direct and/or manage the activities of the team or individual in accordance with agreed objectives, accounting principles, practices, procedures, and controls.
• Manage the timeliness and quality closure of monthly financial books and reported to the Accounting Manager and CFO on a weekly & monthly basis.
• Perform analytical review of financial records and report for any irregularities, error or variances.
• Recommend and implement processes improvements and ensure that reconciliation efforts are reduced to ensure smooth accounting operations.
• Provide an urgent resolution in case of any issues encountered by the team, established and create a good relationship within the team; motivate the team to achieve goals.
• Prepare ad hoc reports and recommendations as needed.
BRANCH CONTROLLER - March 2011 – August 2015
Norkis Group of Companies – Batangas City, Philippines
• Prepare weekly and monthly accounting reports for submission to CFO such as Cash Collection Reports, Cash Disbursement Report, Sales Report, and Journal Voucher Report, Inventory Report, VAT, DTR, the accuracy of Aging of Receivables, Sales, etc.
• Handle maintenance and recording of the following records such as Fixed Assets Register, Accountable Forms Register and Inventory Stock book.
• Program the weekly payables of the branch and request for remittance from Home Office for its funding.
• Prepare and review such as Balance Sheet Fluctuation Report, Unearned Revenue Report, Accrued Liabilities Report, Other Current Assets Report and Unbilled Revenue Report
• Records transaction to the customer's subsidiary ledger, prepare invoice/debit memo/credit memo in connection to sales, prepare and maintain contract documents.
• Keeps files of the various accounting documents, customers installment folders and ensure organized bookkeeping system in the Branch also properly handling of petty cash fund.
• Review and approve transactions as well as verify the accuracy and completeness of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records to ensure compliance with accepted accounting principles and standards.
ACCOUNTING CLERK – April 2010 – March 2011
United Hardware and General Merchandise – Batangas City, Philippines
Prepare journal entries; ensure that entries and financial records adhere to established controls, accounting principles and policies.
Ensure accurate and appropriate recording of revenues, expenses, accruals, adjustments, etc.
Prepare and analyze financial statements and monthly reports (including revenue and expense trend analysis).
Prepare and analyze balance sheet reconciliations and advises supervisor and/or manager of issues on the reconciliation and proposed solutions.
Evaluate current accounting processes and propose improvements for operational efficiency.
Assist in preparing statistical and monthly reports. Maintain accounts for assigned facilities including reconciliation, journal entries, and general ledger system.
Collect data and perform research on the details of transactions and assist to auditors by preparing information requested with supporting records and documents.
PRIVATE TUTOR (OFW) – March 2008 – March 2010
Private Family – Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates
Teaching and assisting a student to their academics especially Math and English subject.
Work with students to improve their skills in certain subjects.
Prepare lessons and assign and correct homework.
Prepare and correct tests.
Evaluate students' progress and discuss the results with students and/or their parents.
Identify students' individual learning needs.
MARKETING ASSISTANT– September 2006 to December 2007
Mitsukoshi SYM Motors Philippines – Occidental Mindoro Philippines
Processing and handling of a sales transaction.
Follow up and accepting payments from customers then deposited to the bank.
Managing Accounts payable and receivables also properly handling petty cash fund.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
Managing and maintaining Financial books of accounts such as A/R, A/P, Financial Statements, Bank Reconciliation and Inventory Management.
Good knowledge and ability to work with accounting software such as SAP ERP systems, Excel, Word and other.
Extraordinary attention to details, able to keep track of tasks that need to be accomplished, and adaptability to new technologies and applications.
Communicate effectively, cultivate positive relationships with co-workers, client and vendors through efficient communication and Action-oriented solutions.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
Course : Industrial Instrumentation & Process Control
Certificate no : 4200-13-NTR-829-645
Institute : I & E Industrial Systems Services, Inc.
Place : Batangas City, Batangas Philippines
Date : January 2013 – September 2013
Course : On the Job Training (Office Practice)
Institute : Land Bank of the Philippines
Place : San Jose Occidental Mindoro
Date : January 2006 - March 2006
REFERENCES – Available on request
I hereby declare that the above mention information is true to the best of my knowledge. I will put my best and ensure that I shall meet the goal set forward henceforth.
Sally Fernando Cayanan
SALLY F. CAYANAN
Highly motivated, a goal-driven accounting professional with over 8 years of extensive experience seeking a position to be further developed and utilized. Possessing multiple skills covering many financial areas such as financial statements, budgeting, auditing practices, economic regulations and using accounting software.
Fahaheel, Al Ahmadi Kuwait
Age : 33 years old
Date of Birth : Dec. 11, 1985
Height : 149 cm
Weight : 90 lbs.
Civil Status : Married
Nationality : Filipino
Occidental Mindoro State College
Philippines – March 2006
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Financial Management & Analysis
SAP ERP System
Bookkeeping & Document Mgmt.
Transaction & Cash Flow Mgmt.
Passport No. : P3345151A