Josephine Ojong Fongoh MSN, FNP-C, BSN, RN
Phone: (864) 487- 0794 Email: email@example.com
To obtain a position as Family Nurse Practitioner in a well-established medical institution where skills and knowledge can be rendered to provide adequate medical attention to patients. Professional summery
• Compassionate and knowledgeable board-Certified Primary Care/Family Nurse Practitioner.
• 5 years of experience as a registered nurse in Emergency department, Medical surgical, Acute rehabilitation, Hemodialysis, Skilled nursing Facility and Home healthcare.
• Proven ability to assess, diagnose, evaluate, and plan optimal course of treatment, while implementing evidence-based knowledge for patients across the life span. (Pediatrics, Adult & Gerontology).
• Master of Science in Nursing- Family Nurse Practitioner South University. 2019
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Queens University. 2014
• Pre-Nursing CPCC. 2012
Professional License & Certification
• FNP-C #F09190855-(NC) Expires September 12
• RN #275634 (NC) Expires November 30
• BLS Expires May 30
• PALS Expires Nov. 30
• ACLS Expires Nov. 30
• CPI Expires June 30
FNP CLINICAL PRACTICUM EXPERIENCE
Advanced Health & Physical Assessment-60 hours.
Grace Medical Clinic
• Performing culturally sensitive comprehensive history taking, physical and psychological assessment of client's signs and symptoms, pathophysiologic changes, and psychosocial dissimilarities of the client including the individual, family. Observe acute/chronic diseases commonly seen in primary care such as diabetes, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, asthma, abdominal pain, respiratory, and skin infections.
• Taking into consideration client's diverse needs, a major focus is on symptom/health problem assessment, client teaching using a culturally appropriate approach and the selection and interpretation of screening and diagnostic tests in order to formulate and effectively communicate differential diagnoses.
Practicum I: Family Health – Adults & Gerontology-180 hours Grace Medical Clinic
• Analyzes and provides in-depth care of alterations in adult health in non-acute, community- office-outpatient clinic settings. Patient management based on evidence-based practice and the nursing process. Performed initial and routine physical assessments on adult patients with chronic infectious diseases.
• Monitored effectiveness of treatment regimen. Managed and adjusted medication regimens as needed. Ordered/interpreted diagnostic tests, managed/adjusted medication regimens as needed, formulated differential diagnoses, referred and consulted as indicated, provided extensive education regarding disease prevention and health promotion. Practicum II: Women’s Health-180 hours
Grace Medical Clinic
• Acquired knowledge on how to manage the primary health care of women from menarche to senescence. Focusing on health promotion, disease prevention, and the clinical management and referral of common, recurring health problems of women.
• Identified normal physiologic alterations associated with reproductive health, which are addressed with emphasis on health promotion behaviors. Performed well woman exams which include pap smears and clinical breast exams. Reviewed and updated the health history and medication regimens. Evaluated the need for health screening exams based on age and personal/family history. Ordered and interpreted diagnostic tests.
• Other services provided include STD screening, contraception counseling, disease prevention and health promotion. Treated common gynecologic problems such as dysmenorrhea, bacterial vaginosis, atrophic vaginitis, and candida infections Practicum III: Pediatrics-180 hours
Grace Medical Clinic
• Advanced nursing and healthcare management of children and adolescents in Primary care setting. Including developmental, physiological, pathological, and psychosocial changes relative to health maintenance, acute and chronic illness, and developmental transitions with family context. Evaluated the need for health screening exams based on age and personal/family history. Educated patient and family on disease process and appropriate management options, and when to return for follow up.
• Managed common pediatric ailments not limited to as asthma, atopic dermatitis, allergic rhinitis, otitis media/externa, conjunctivitis, upper respiratory infections, headaches, nausea/vomiting/diarrhea, influenza, strep throat, vision, and musculoskeletal disorders. Practicum IV: Primary Care-180 hours
Mount Zion Medical Clinics
• Performing culturally sensitive comprehensive history taking, physical and psychological assessment of client's signs and symptoms, pathophysiologic changes, and psychosocial dissimilarities of the client including the individual, family.
• Perform examinations and conduct diagnostic tests, then analyze the results to determine the causes of illness or disease. Treated the patients accordingly and made appropriate follow up appointments.
• Referred patient to specialty care as required based on evidence and follow up with the recommendation. Adjust medication regimen as needed for chronic illnesses and education patient on health promotion. Including but not limited to daily exercise/physical activities as tolerated, low fat/low cholesterol diet, importance of keeping all appointments, and when to contact the provider.
Novant health Mint Hill medical center Charlotte NC Registered nurse -Emergency Department 2018 - Present Working with the care team to promote growth by supporting each other and providing the best care to patients, families and team members. Caring for patients from across the lifespan. Using professional nursing skills in triaging, implementing standing orders per protocol and department policy, IV access insertion and medications administration in a timely fashion. Facilitating patient care by working as a team to improve patient outcomes particularly in Trauma situations. Identifying hallmark signs for critical medical emergencies such as STROKE, Heart Attack, Dysrhythmias, STEMI, to name a few.
Fresenius Kidney Care North Charlotte, NC Charlotte NC Out-patient Hemodialysis
Registered nurse 2017—2018
Provides safe and effective delivery of care to patients with ESRD. Accurately implements treatment to ensure stable treatment therapy as indicated. Assesses patients’ response to hemodialysis treatment therapy, making appropriate adjustments and modifications to the treatment plan as indicated by the prescribing physician. Communicates problems or concerns to the Team Leader or physician. Identifies and communicates patient related issues to Team Leader or physician. Initiates Initial and Annual Nursing Assessment, and ongoing evaluation and documentation of patient care needs according to Policies and Procedures. Carolinas Healthcare System North East Concord NC
Registered Nurse- Emergency Department 2016 –2018
Provide uncompromising care to a wide variety of patients from birth to over 65 years of age. Using professional nursing skills in triaging, implementing standing orders per protocol and department policy, IV access insertion and medications administration in a timely fashion. Facilitating patient care by working as a team to improve patient outcomes particularly in Trauma situations. Identifying hallmark signs for critical medical emergencies such as STROKE, Heart Attack, Dysrhythmias, STEMI, to name a few.
Interim home health care Charlotte, NC
Registered Nurse 2016-2017
Provide excellent care to patients in their home setting. Including but not limited to bathing, grooming, tracheostomy care, tube feeding, proper medication administration and the like. Collaborate with the care team to ensure patient care meets the required standard and agency policy.
Carolinas HealthCare Systems Charlotte, NC
Carolinas Rehabilitation/ Medical Center
Can/Registered Nurse 2012 – 2016
Provide professional nursing care through skillful assessment, diagnosis, outcomes identification, planning, implementation, and evaluation in accordance with department policies, and protocols under the supervision of the nursing leader.