Chennai, Tamil Nadu
https://www.linkedin.com/in/boopathi-raja-3b02b3a1/ Lead Safety & Security
Dedicated certified Safety professional who is proficient in devising Health & Safety, Security operations, Fire Safety and Loss prevention procedures and enhancing existing company assets. Experience 3+ Years. Skills
● Adult First Aid, Heart Saver - CPR/AED
● Risk Assessment, Risk control & Elimination
● Training & Monitoring
● Incident & Accident Investigation
● Warehouse Safety
● Patrolling & Observations
● JSA / PTW / WPI
● Environment Management System
● Hazardous Material Handling
● Fire Safety, Emergency Response Team
Training and Certifications
● Nebosh IGC - International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (U.K), 2017
● IEMA - Environmental Sustainability Skills for Workforce, 2019
● American Heart Association - Adult First Aid & Heart Saver - CPR/ AED 2019
● Nebosh HSW - Health and Safety at Work, 2017
● IOSH - Managing Safely, 2016
● British Safety Council - Risk Assessment, NIST, 2019
● Chartered Institute of Environmental Health - Fire Safety, NIST, 2016 Work Experience
Safety Co-ordinator Menzies Aviation Bobba Bangalore Pvt Ltd July 2018 - July 2019 Key Safety & Security Responsibilities:
● To ensure that all the safety related issues need to be sorted out and all the equipment's should be good health condition.
● Collaborate with managers to monitor compliance and identify safety issues.
● Inspect workplace and patrols of internal building spaces and facility grounds to identify and deter threats to assets.
● Respond quickly to emergency situations, typically less than a minute of alarm sounding to assess and deflect issues.
● Secured premises and personnel by patrolling property and monitoring surveillance equipment, including CCTV cameras.
● Conduct Safety & Security briefing & training for staffs, vendors agents, utility staffs if required.
● Ensure all the GSE equipment's are in good condition and safe to operate.
● Ensure all the fire related equipment's are in good health and working condition.
● Prepare monthly safety bulletins, supply safety light system to all workers in the organization, Conduct monthly health and safety meeting.
● Identify safety & environmental hazards, risks and promote the reduction or elimination of potentially hazardous conditions that may lead to accidents, ill health, death, safety related financial issues.
● Develop and enforce health and safety policies.
● Direct accident investigation procedures.
● Inform safety managers of any work situation, equipment actively that represents a serious or immediately danger to health and safety.
● Report any incidents, accidents or dangerous occurrences to the managers and need to follow up the procedures contained in the manual.
● Carry out a regular inspection of the equipment's, fire equipment's, first aid requirements, spill kit items, PPE.
Safety Officer Universal Infrastructure Development Company May 2016 - May 2018
● To ensure safety and environmental health requisites during the construction stage and zero accidents during the construction.
● Making a daily routine inspection and inspect the work area to detect hazard on a regular basis.
● Reducing safety incidents by training and teaching risk management techniques, hazard identification, quality checks and documentation.
● Identifying the training needs, design and impart training to staffs and subcontract staffs.
● Enforce workers to follow strictly safety rules and regulations.
● To carry-out safety inspection and avert unsafe and act regularly.
● Prepare and submit monthly safety reports/ inspection reports.
● Conduct daily safety toolbox talk at the job site & Implementation of permit to work system.
● Checked written JSAs and permits for adherence to regulations.
● Providing instructions to staffs during fire drills including evacuation routes and proper reporting techniques.
● Investigated accidents and hazardous incidents to determine the cause and made recommendations for corrective action.
Bachelor of Technology, Aeronautical Engineering
Hindustan University, Chennai Graduated, October 2016 81(CGPA) High School, Mathematics & Computer Science
SVB High School, Salem Completed, May 2012 79%
Intermediate, Mathematics & Science
Gandhi School, Namakkal Completed, May 2012 79%
Position: Engineering Intern P3 Voith Aerospace Pvt Ltd, Bangalore Dec 2014 – Jan 2015
Introduction to Electrical Harness System
Introduction to Technical Publication
Successfully conducted the Fire mock drill,
along with Airport Rescue Fire Fighting
team during the Fire Service Week 2019
Improvised pedestrian safety by implementing
Safety warning light, thereby reducing 38% of
forklift related accidents.
Coordinated in Airport Emergency
Management mock drill conducted by
Bangalore International Airport Feb 2019
Expanded LED lights at the site thereby saving
the power consumption & reducing the carbon
footprints every year.
P3 Voith Aerospace Pvt Ltd
Stress Analysis for Aircraft wing attachment brackets January 2016 - April 2016
Project Link: https://www.ijert.org/research/stress-analysis-for-wing-attachment-brackets- IJERTV5IS050806.pdf
● Sports, Outdoors
● Listening Music
Academic Participant & Achievements
● Undergone Fire Fighting & Confined space attendant training program conducted by NIST 2017
● Participated in SAE Aero Design East competition organized by LOCKHEED MARTIN, Florida, USA 2015
● Participated and played for team Tamil Nadu in 5th Junior national level super cricket championship held at sports authority complex, Goa 2011
● Badged 1st in District level Volleyball championship, Tamil Nadu 2008
● Participated in the 10th National Science Olympiad, Tamil Nadu 2007 Personal
July 12, 1995
M4345863, Expires 07 DEC 2024
Address: NO 16 1A MASILAMANISWARAR NAGAR 1st STREET THIRUMULLAIVOYAL CHENNAI 600062 TAMIL NADU
I, BOOPATHI RAJA, hereby declare that the information contained herein is true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief.