Kirtikumar G. Padsala
email@example.com 919-***-**** linkedin.com/in/kk11/ Raleigh, NC
Technical Skills: Continuous Improvement, Lean Six Sigma Quality, Method Study, Procurement, Data Analysis, 5S, Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing, Stochastic Modelling, Inventory, Scheduling, PLC (RSLogix 5000), Sensors, Pneumatics, Process Improvement Software: JMP, R Studio, VBA, SQL, MATLAB, MS Access, MS Word, MS Excel, Pandas, SciPy, Python, AutoCAD, Creo Certificate: Lean Six Sigma Green Belt – NC State, Basic Sensorics - Rexroth Bosch Group, Basic & Intermediate R - Data Matters Publication: Productivity Improvement by Applying Work Study in Kitchen of Boy’s Hostel Mess, Bonfring International Journal of Industrial Engineering and Management Science ISSN: 2277-5056, December 2016. Education: Master of Industrial Engineering - NC State University, Raleigh, NC Expected Dec 2019 3.44/4 B. Tech in Mechanical Engineering - Dharmsinh Desai University, India May 2017 7.77/10 Experience:
NC State University Lab Assistant - Automation Lab November 2018 – Present Raleigh, NC
• Performed 5S for more than 1000 components and tools. Organized lab and maintaining work standards of Lab.
• Made an Automation of Concentration game on Avengers theme using sensors, PLC and pneumatic actuators.
• Made smart Inventory sorting model to demonstrate future students about lean manufacturing in automation systems. State of Connecticut DAS Continuous Improvement Intern May 2019 – August 2019 Hartford, CT
• Found an opportunity where state can save $152,000 per IT contract. Potential saving of $3,000,000 per year.
• Studied contracts and spends from Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut, which could help states come together with more buying power.
• Suggested a plan where state can provide inmates 24% less charges on phone bill and generates decent revenue.
• Created a low code application for vendors and state on a platform called Knack, which have potential of saving millions of dollars to state.
Tata Motors Ltd. Industrial Engineering Intern December 2016 - March 2017 India
• TATA Motors was launching a new car. Project was to find actual maximum number of parts per pallet.
• If same warehouse can accommodate all the new parts and parts used in current model of car then ultimately significant amount of material storage cost could be saved. Theoretical data was true for about 80% of the parts. Projects:
Lean Six Sigma Quality Student Consultant at EATON
• Working on optimizing process, using Lean Six Sigma concepts.
• Reduction of non-confirming materials and analysis of skip-lot system with hard savings of $1000 per year plus soft savings.
• Data analysis, using Python, of rejected parts from both supplier and in-house and root cause analysis. Student Consultant at Lenovo
• Predicted the NPS score of a product based on sentiments and star ratings given by customers on various online platforms.
• Created a new scale for measuring sentiments & star ratings and made recommendation about when to intervene.
• Quantified sentiments data and developed a Markovian model for predicting NPS scores which was 83% accurate. Application of Method Study at Dining Hall
• Investigation of longer waiting time while having lunch in dining hall.
• Analyzing existing method using Method Study, a solution was developed, and few changes were made in facility layout design, without any capital investment.
• The proposed modification resulted in reduction in waiting time by 67%. Scheduling and Space Management System
• Performed scheduling and space management analysis of more than 500 buildings on 2110 acres campus housing more than 35000 individuals.
• Cleaned and joined data that can retrieve and filter with 8 different criteria to automate assigning classrooms with use of MS Access SQL and VBA.
• Achieved 10th rank out of 80 teams in National level Hybrid Vehicle Challenge.
• Volunteered as an elementary school teacher at village.
• Design and Making of Glider (3rd rank) at University level event.