Dr. NIKHITA C VED
No. 45, 3rd Cross, Kodandaramapuram
Email: email@example.com Ph:741*******
Date of Birth: 13/11/1990
Languages Known: English, Telugu, Hindi, Kannada, Tamil, Malayalam CAREER OBJECTIVE
Seeking a position to start my career in the field of microbiology for the mutual growth and profit.
ACADEMIC YEAR: 2016-2019
PASS PERCENTAGE: 64.14%
ESIC MC & PGIMSR, Rajajinagar, Bengaluru,
Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences
Raja Rajeswari Medical College and Hospital,
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences
2nd PUC with distinction, Mount Carmel College,
SSLC with distinction, Stella Maris Girls High
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Good knowledge in the field of microbiology.
• Can report culture sensitivities, rapid card tests, maintaining stock cultures, ELISA, handling classes for medical and paramedical students both practical as well as theory.
• Monitoring biomedical waste management in the hospital.
• Have keen interest in antibiotic resistance and hospital infection control. Also have special interest in mycology.
• Polite and soft in nature while handling patients
• Punctual and disciplined while discharging duties
• Good Time management and multi-tasking skills
WORK EXPERIENCE AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Post Graduate/Junior Resident at ESIC MC & PGIMSR, Rajajinagar, Bengaluru (May 2016-May 2019)
• Performed culture sensitivity testing for various samples.
• Prepared culture medias on my own.
• Handled stock cultures and maintained them for 3 years.
• Performed rapid card tests for various serological investigations.
• Performed ELISA.
• Worked on carbapenem antibiotic resistance mechanisms and their detection.
• Also investigated their risk factors for acquisition and transmission in a tertiary care hospital.
• Handled theory as well as practical teaching programs for under graduate students.
• Assisted my HOD in conducting various UG and PG examinations.
• Monitored the technicians on duty.
THESIS: A study on carbapenem resistance mechanisms among clinical isolates of Escherichia coli and risk factors associated with them. PRESENTATIONS:
Oral Evaluating the performance of Carba-np
test using three different indicators
e-poster Assessment of risk factors of acquisition and transmission of carbapenem resistant
Escherichia coli in a tertiary care teaching
Poster Onychomycosis: Mycological overview
from a tertiary care hospital
Work experience in different sections during Post Graduation SECTION TOTAL NO. OF MONTHS
Bacteriology 1 (Urine & Blood) 08
Bacteriology 2 (All other samples) 08
Mycology & Parasitology 08
Virology & Serology 08
Neurovirology (NIMHANS) 01
Animal handling and egg
Theory seminars attended/presented 82
Technical seminars attended/presented 28
Journal clubs attended/presented 46
• Bacterial metabolism
• Mechanisms of drug resistance among gram negative bacteria
• Nanotechnology and its applications in microbiology
• Contamination in PCR
• Shigella- pathogenesis and lab diagnosis
• Rabies- epidemiology, pathogenesis, lab diagnosis, prevention
• Non-culture methods for identification of fungal diseases
• Drug resistance in malaria and malarial vaccines 2. Internship at Rajarajeswari Medical College and Hospital, Bangalore (March 2014-March 2015)
• Assisted senior professors and PGs in diagnosing and managing cases.
• Daily ward rounds, clerking patient’s notes & discharge summaries.
• Independently admitted cases, executed diagnostic tests and appropriately treated patients.
• Regular follow-up of the in-patients with their reports of various diagnostic tests.
• Assisted senior professors and PGs in various major surgeries like appendicectomy, IMIL insertion, Ilizarov’s procedure, Caesarean sections, D&C, IUCD insertion etc.
• Independently performed surgical procedures like I&D, Excision of lipoma/sebaceous cysts, plate and screw fixation of Both Bone # of Forearm.
• Performed various medical procedures like ascitic tapping, pleural tapping, lumbar puncture etc.
• Independently induced and conducted normal deliveries in labour room.
• Managed casualty emergency cases as well as OPD cases. EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITES
• Attended various conferences and CME throughout my 3 years of post-graduation.
• Assisted the head of department in conducting UG and PG examinations smoothly.
• Participated in World AIDS day programme and raised awareness regarding HIV.
• Conducted training for paramedical staff regarding hospital infection control and bio medical waste management.
• Participated in cultural activities in the college.
• Volunteered and actively involved in various conferences held in RRMCH like South Zone ENT-HNS Conference, KISACON, RATS, Microbiology Conference and Community Medicine Conference
• Participated in national pulse polio immunization programme to administer oral polio vaccine to children under the age of 5 years in various parts of Bangalore.
• Attended various school health camps and also medical camps for corporate employees.
• Organized college festivals and various cultural programmes successfully.
• Participated in various sports competitions like Volleyball and Throwball within college and elsewhere.
• Completed the Rajyapuraskar exams in Scouts and Guides in the year 2006 and attended various cultural exchange camps and national jamborette.