HADIYA ALLEN-CHIN, EdD
Queens, NY 443-***-****
firstname.lastname@example.org www.linkedin.com/in/hadiyaallen-chin DIRECTOR - LEARNING & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Develop staff to achieve excellence while equipping businesses with tools for engagement, inclusion, and compliance.
Situational Leader with proven success leading Learning & Development teams and building curriculum. Specialize in creating and implementing new hire, management, individual contributor, and regulatory learning and programs. Broad experience includes Diversity & Inclusion Learning Solutions, Regulatory & Compliance Enforcement, Personnel Administration, and daily operations. Expertise includes:
− New Program & Content Creation − Program Implementation
− Operational Efficiencies − Program Enhancements
− Department Leadership & Management − Talent Development & Utilization
− Organizational Strategy − Global Operations
BANK OF NEW YORK MELLON, New York, NY 2016 - 2019
Group Manager, Global Talent & Development Global Head of Professional Development Led Professional Development team and curriculum available to firm’s 30K individual contributors and managed external vendor relationships.
● Managed Diversity and Inclusion Learning as D&I Solution Manager, ensuring appropriate and up- to-date learning was developed to support the CEO’s D&I goals.
● Won 3 Brandon Hall Industry awards by successfully managing creation of risk simulation trainings and assisting in strengthening company culture.
● Wrote and implemented new HR policies that benefited both employees and firm, resulting in new education benefits that did not fall under current tuition assistance policy.
● Consulted with Lines of Business (LOB) and Management Development team to create customized curriculum and learning pathways that supported career development.
● Created, implemented, and managed Employee “Day 1” experience (orientation) during pilot phase and owned onboarding curriculum, communications, and checklists, ensuring inclusion, engagement, and understanding of firm's culture.
● Approved all training launched through Learning Management System, ensuring training was adequate and audience focused.
JP MORGAN CHASE & CO., New York, NY 2013 - 2016
Vice President, Corporate Risk Learning & Development Project Manager Managed creation and deployment of Regulatory Risk training and programs to 250K employees. Oversaw $1M training budget for policy training, diversity programs, new hire programs, and recruiter risk initiatives.
● Orchestrated development and launch of 5 Risk Policy trainings directed by Chief Risk Officer to 130K+ employees, ensuring thorough understanding of regulatory policies and procedures. HADIYA ALLEN-CHIN email@example.com PAGE TWO
JP MORGAN CHASE & CO. (Continued)
● Managed risk training for both external vendors and internal stakeholders effectively, resulting in seamless 5-month training development process.
● Spearheaded roll-out of inaugural Risk Analyst Training Program to 200+ Analysts globally, ensuring engagement and understanding of firm's risk culture.
● Authored full scope training communications that ensured employees were promptly notified of importance of upcoming trainings to be launched, in partnership with Subject Matter Experts and Policy Owners.
● Consulted with LOB’s seeking guidance on training creation, development, and best delivery practices, ensuring training was delivered that created optimal staff learning experience.
● Provided Senior Leadership a holistic view of firm's current state of risk management training and development to assist with assessing future training needs. MILITARY EXPERIENCE
UNITED STATES ARMY (Multiple locations throughout the US and Overseas) 2000 - 2012 Sergeant First Class Senior Intelligence and Human Resources Training Manager Served as leader, Intelligence Non-Commissioned Officer (Top Secret Security Clearance), and Training Manager. Oversaw all administrative processing, evaluations, personnel, and disciplinary actions for 18 direct reports.
● Built, implemented, and delivered global training curriculum for National Security Agency’s Request for Intelligence process, creating streamlined procedures.
● Oversaw and conducted all training for leadership, professional development, and employee engagement for division, verifying soldiers met military readiness at all times.
● Led Equal Employment Opportunity and Prevention of Sexual Harassment programs effectively, including investigating complaints, reporting findings, and advising Director on policy matters to protect personnel from discrimination and unprofessional behavior.
● Coordinated and conducted new employee orientation and annual training that fostered employee engagement in understanding organization's objectives.
● Managed distribution and adherence to personnel policies and procedures, ensuring regulation to compliance.
● Conducted 360 feedback process, administered climate survey, and provided guidance to senior leadership on results, enabling personnel concerns to be heard. EDUCATION
Master of Business Administration (MBA), Human Resources - w / distinction, Mercy College, New York, NY
Doctor of Education (EdD), Organizational Leadership, Argosy University, Atlanta, GA, Master of Arts (MA), Forensic Psychology, Argosy University, Washington, DC Bachelor of Arts (BA), Psychology, Hawaii Pacific University, Honolulu, HI