East Galesburg, IL.
Cell PH# 847-***-****
Gem Seal Products – Franklin Park, IL.
February 2016 to June 2019
* Direct and lead 5 production locations (some union) with 150 plus employees that serve the North and Northeast including sites in IL, IN, WI, MI, MD, VA, MA and New York and 3 Distribution Centers located in NC and MD.
* Manage operational performance ensuring customer demands are met, maintain service levels, product quality standards and cost and efficiency targets, and operational improvement projects are completed.
* Serve as Operations Leader of The Northern US Leadership Team, identifying, prioritizing, and implementing process improvement project deliverables.
* Manage KPI’s
* Full P & L responsibility, budgeting and capital improvement responsibilities as well.
* Site Optimization: reduction of transportation costs by 5% and relocation of product lines that align product availability to client needs.
* Modified SOP Process: Increased production by 25% and reduced operating expenses by 7% through lower overtime requirements, aligned production to demand, and reduced seasonal waste by reclaiming returned materials.
* Championed new product innovation at each facility to overcome challenging EPA VOC standards and revenue loss.
Regional Operations Manager
Gem Seal / Oldcastle CRH (Sakrete Packaged Concrete) – Franklin Park, IL.
May 1995 to January 2016
*Included production of packaged concrete mixes, bulk, pail and bottle liquids production and contractor grade materials for Home Depot, Sears, Blains Farm and Fleet and other large retailers and distributors.
*Other responsibilities were EH&S for all 10 plant locations throughout the US.
* Oversaw the performance of up to 200 employees (some union) and 8 facilities throughout the United States, as well as distribution partnerships.
* Directed activities within operations, procurement, transportation, and warehouse/inventory.
* Established emerging markets transportation agreements, business strategy by identifying and qualifying potential supply partners, and negotiating contracts.
* Ensured that Company products and services were available to customers by holding team accountable for meeting objectives, quantifiable goals, daily operating plans and quality levels.
* Continually, monitored and revised strategies to improve operating margins while reducing capital costs.
* Established Operational Excellence Program utilizing Lean techniques to institute continuous improvement. Facilitated company-wide training on the concept and effects on each location.
* Served as active participant in corporate committees to define and influence the allocation of corporate resources.
* Generated $1M procurement savings through contract negotiations, consolidation and outsourcing.
* Captured key gains in efficiency, productivity, and operational effectiveness by introducing lean manufacturing methodologies including 5S, TQM, and other strategies during a period of rapid growth.
* Established and grew culture of continuous improvement at all levels of the organization.
American Stone Mix - Franklin Park IL.
January 1985 to May 1995
*Directed operations, purchasing, transportation, production planning, and facility maintenance functions within division of building materials company, which distributes packaged concrete (Sakrete) and asphalt coatings products.
*Effectively managed a $12MM multi-production operation for the highly demanding building materials industry.
*Led negotiations of customer contracts, supply agreements, and pricing terms.
* Met and sustained compliance with complex EPA and OSHA regulations affecting production processes.
* Adjusted recruitment and staffing strategies to attract top performers who demonstrated principles of
effective purchasing and transportation management, resulting in significant improvements in these areas.
* Captured key gains in scheduling and equipment changeover cycles using Lean Principles.
* Managed product transfers from R&D to validation and production.
* Strengthened client relationships by defining and clarifying business requirements and expectations.
Oldcastle University-Business Management
Atlanta GA – Completed (Internal company 2-year training program)
Triton College – Business Management
Accounting I, II, Business Law I, II and Intro to Business classes
Lean 5 S and Continuous Improvement
Microsoft Office. Excel, Word and Power Point
Union Negotiations Leader
EH & S Director
OSHA 10 Hour Course