GEORGE E. NARCIS
firstname.lastname@example.org www.linkedin.com/in/-george-e-narcis- ACCOUNTING / FINANCE MANAGER
Develop and Execute Financial Controls that Analyze, Improve, and Control Cost Highly motivated leader with proven success in managing all aspects of month-end reporting cycle and financial operations. Lead by example, and identify and leverage individual strengths to develop teams. Effectively communicate complex financial data to non-financial audiences. Areas of expertise:
Financial Analysis & Reporting Budgeting Forecasting Cash Management Operations Balance Sheet Consolidation
CITIGROUP, INC., New York, NY 2016 - 2019
Legal Entity Manager
Managed 7 regional staff, facilitated month-end reporting cycle, and provided monthly commentary. Reviewed and presented financial statements to senior management and business head to ensure low-risk and high-integrity review on legal entity process.
• Identified and initiated reimbursement of federal tax overpayment of $160 million, coordinating with tax department and facilitating amendment of 2009 through 2015 federal tax returns.
• Increased operational efficiency and reduced errors through implementation of new controls for monitoring average assets review and closing accounts.
• Provided senior management with quarterly results on “procurement-to-pay” (P2P) and eliminated manual transactions with cash, presenting status on number of monthly transactions and progression to P2P system.
• Established capital team material for CCAR, mid cycle stress testing for the business head.
• Support the maintenance of the related capital planning policies
• Analyzed & reported monthly results to Corporate Finance and the Product; prepared accruals and other accounting entries as needed.
CITIGROUP, INC., - AUTOMATED TRADING DESK FINANCIAL SERVICE LLC, New York, NY Legal Entity Manager 2015 - 2016
Served as broker dealer and prepared monthly focus reports for regulatory team and Securities Exchange Commission.
• Provided monthly and quarterly commentary on business, comparing month-over-month variance and partnering with business to determine variance cause.
• Facilitated intercompany reconciliation and cash settlement with Goldman Sachs, determining source for any differences.
• Prepared year-end financial statement and cash flow for external auditors, ensuring proper compliance to policies and procedures.
GEORGE E. NARCIS email@example.com PAGE TWO
CITIGROUP, INC., AUTOMATED TRADING DESK FINANCIAL SERVICE LLC (Continued) Product Control 2014 - 2015
Tracked P&L positions and gains to ensure accuracy and minimize occurrence of transactional errors.
• Prepared daily and month-to-date income statement, providing trader with accurate information of daily generated gains.
• Compared prices against Bloomberg / Yahoo finance, ensuring all positions and pricing were captured.
• Investigated discrepancies between pricing and trading positions, resolving any conflicts in most efficient and time-effective manner.
CITIGROUP INC., New York, NY
Supervisor of Cash Management Function 2009 - 2014 Established receivable and payable reports, and conducted weekly settlement.
• Created reporting for daily sales revenue, daily commission, other revenues and net interest, communicating financial status in clear, concise method.
• Ensured all adjustments to weekly invoices were reviewed and approved prior to cash settlement, providing verification of correct period and instances of trade.
• Participated in post-weekly settlement variance and trend analysis with executive members of the Joint venture, ensuring completeness.
• Served pivotal role in transition of Smith Barney retail trading business from Citigroup to Morgan Stanley platform, ensuring all clients’ trading portfolios and IRA accounts were accurately completed on time.
Manager of Legal Operations, Finance Administration 2006 - 2009 Oversaw team of 10 and facilitated daily payable function for legal department to ensure invoices were reviewed, approved, and processed for payment in timely manner.
• Increased efficiency through conversion of manual invoice process to electronic system.
• Established control point for auto pay under threshold, increasing processing efficiency for low dollar transactions and reducing need for attorney approval.
• Partnered with outside counsel, reducing aged invoices by $10 million within 1 year.
• Increased departmental productivity, reducing need for full-time employees from 10 to 6.
• Automated financial functions including forecasting, monthly accruals, and statistical reporting, re-engineering Excel spreadsheet and reducing need for manual entry.
• Transitioned day-to-day litigation operations to Tampa, Florida, introducing new payable systems and partnering with vendors for electronic submission. EDUCATION
Bachelor of Science (BS), Accounting, Seton Hall University, Stillman School of Business, South Orange, NJ
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MS Access, Hyperion, DBS/TGL/PeopleSoft Ledger System, Smart View, Pearl, Business Object, Essbase, V Look-up, and Pivot table