Present Mailing Address
Silver Spring, MD
Mobile Phone: 720-***-****
Citizenship Status – US Citizen
Sep 2017 - ECFMG Certification
(Scores: USMLE Step 1- 225
USMLE Step 2 CK- 246
USMLE Step 2 CS - passed).
Dec 2015 – CCT (Certified Cardiac Technician from Cardiovascular Credentialing International).
Mar 2015 – BLS (Basic Life Support from American Heart Association).
Sep 2003 – June 2009 M.D. (Doctor of Medicine Degree from Addis Ababa University, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia)
1.Amharic – Native language.
2.English – Secondary language.
09/2003 - 06/2009
Ethiopian Red Cross Society, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
-Established a blood donors' club at Addis Ababa University, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
-Disseminated information about the need for safe blood and recruiting my colleagues and other blood donors.
-Started celebrating "Blood Donors' Day" once a year in Addis Ababa Univerisity, College of Health Science, School of Medicine.
-Donated blood regularly.
-Sharpened my communication, problem-solving and leadership skills.
08/2019 – Present
Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, United States of America
Clinical Observer, Dr. Tinsay Woreta
-I have observed Dr. Woreta when she evaluated patients, came up with list of differentials and narrowed down those differentials with a list of diagnostic studies and device a treatment plan.
-I have learned on ways of documenting patient data on EPIC and how to have a brief summary of patients' problems.
-I have presented on cases that we saw the previous days and discussed treatment of common GI problems.
-I had detailed discussions on therapeutic approaches on cases that we saw together and have learned on diagnostic accuracy of the different tests we ordered in clinic.
-I have observed diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, including colonoscopy and upper endoscopy.
02/2019 – 07/2019
Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital, Chicago, IL
-Taking patient history and physical examination under supervision.
-Coming up with differential diagnosis, investigation modalities and treatment plan.
-Assisting procedures and case presentations.
11/2017 – 01/2019
University of Colorado Hospital, Denver, CO
Telemetry Technician, Brett Fisher
- Communicates effectively with health care staff fostering strong relationship and high standard of care.
- Assist colleagues on challenging cardiac rhythm interpretation and increased the quality of telemetry tasks.
- Thoroughly trained new employees on telemetry responsibilities and answered questions on best practices.
National Jewish Hospital, Denver, CO, United States
Observership – Department of Pulmonology, Amen Sergew, MD
- Had the opportunity to get involved in direct patient care, clerked patients in the clinic, presented cases to my supervisor and discussed workup and treatment plans of patients.
- Attended procedures in the procedure rooms, eg. Laryngoscopy.
- Had the opportunity to learn about the electronic medical record system
04/2015 – 11/2017
Porter Adventist Hospital, Denver, CO, United States
Telemetry Technician, Angela Pollock
-Communicates effectively with health care staff fostering strong relationship and high standard of care.
-Assist colleagues on challenging cardiac rhythm interpretation and increased the quality of telemetry tasks.
-Received an award from manager for my expertise and diligence with rhythm interpretation and determination to deliver quality care to cardiac patients.
-Recognized by Cardiologists and Internists for my attention to the detail on rhythm interpretation resulting in increased quality care.
-Thoroughly trained new employees on telemetry responsibilities and answered questions on best practices.
01/2012 – 09/2014
Addis Ababa University, College of Health Science, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Orthopedic Surgery Resident, Samuel Hailu, MD.
- Demonstrated competence in the pre-admission care, hospital care, operative care and follow-up care of patients.
- Performed basic orthopedics procedures such as joint injections, amputations, knee arthroplasty…
- Communicated effectively with patients, families, and health professionals.
- Elected as chief resident due to my exemplary leadership and sound clinical knowledge.
- Presented and attended journal clubs, conferences, and grand rounds.
- Taught medical students.
06/2009 - 04/2010
Motta Hospital, Motta, Ethiopia
General Medical Practitioner, Getachew Gezahegn
-Administered compassionate care to 100-150 patients a week in outpatient clinic of internal medicine department.
-Managed Outpatient Case Team and recognized as the Best Case Team Manager of the Year.
-Promoted as Medical Director of the hospital within 6 months.
-Provided care to 50 patients in inpatient service of internal medicine department.
-Treated my patients with great compassion and sincerity resulting daily appreciation from my patients.
-Led morning meetings, seminars and grand rounds.
-Taught medical students in internal medicine department as a preceptor.
06/2018 – 11/2018
University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO, United States
Research Assistant, Professor William Sauer, MD
- Working as a research assistant on cardiac sarcoidosis and consequent arrhythmias since May 2018.
- Have the privilege of learning about Redcap (Research Electronic Data Capture).
- Collect data from Epic and organize results using Redcap.
- Have the opportunity to learn the detail of cardiac sarcoidosis and consequent arrhythmias.
- Had the opportunity to scrub in as second assistant in ventricular ablation procedures and was most fascinated with the advanced ablation procedure.
06/2008 – 12/2008
Addis Ababa University, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Researcher, Dr. Abera Kumie, MD
I have conducted a cross sectional study on prevalence of anemia in reproductive females in Oromia region.
I have collected and analyzed data from the study population and sent feedback with recommendations on prevention and care of anemia to the local health authorities.
Hobbies & Interests
-Cooking Traditional Ethiopian Foods.