Tamarac, FL 33321
Technical Writing - End-User Content Development - User Experience - Content Management - Software Development Life Cycle - Learning Assessments - Learning Gap Analysis - SAAS Product Expertise - LMS Administration
Google via Artech Information Systems, Senior Technical Writer/Editor March 2019 - PRESENT, Remote
● Design courses for Google’s Applied Digital Skills curriculum
● Work with a group of writers to develop course outlines
● Edit courses to ensure the inclusion of instruction and practical application of skills, among other editorial standards (context, clarity, objective, tone, etc.)
● Analyze learner feedback to understand strengths and make recommendations for improvement
MarketLinc, Technical Writer/Trainer
Oct. 2016 - Feb. 2019, Remote
● Developed training material and delivered courses to globally-dispersed teams on industry and product knowledge such as Digital Marketing, e-Commerce, systems infrastructure and the company's unique revenue model.
● Created database of comprehensive online help content in Confluence to support the implementation and use of product features
● Developed curricula to fill knowledge gaps, improve client communication, inter-departmental processes, software configurations and feature requests.
● Curated role-specific curriculum to fill knowledge gap for Data Scientists to build product features that leverage AI / Machine Learning in different programming languages (Scala and Python)
e-Builder, Inc.,HR Business Partner
Oct. 2015 - Oct. 2016, Plantation, FL
● Primary point of contact for employee related concerns
● Managed team of HR and training resources
● Restructured and unified corporate onboarding process by collaborating with department heads to establish standard processes from recruiting through training
● Interfaced with recruiters, new-hires and department heads to ensure seamless onboarding and clear communication between parties.
● Managed new-hire mentorship program
● Developed management training curriculum to enhance leadership skills of middle management
e-Builder, Inc., Corporate Trainer
June 2014 - Oct.2015, Plantation, FL
● Developed annual corporate training strategy based on gap analysis and collaborative input from executive and management teams
● Managed training solutions using the ADDIE framework, from analysis through evaluation
● Developed various training and certification programs to fill critical knowledge gaps and meet the needs of a growing company. Improved product knowledge, industry awareness, leadership and interview skills.
● Reduced annual training costs by $60k by securing state grant and established compliance protocols
● Vetted corporate training requests and managed approval process. Formalizing this process provided insight into corporate needs on various levels - leadership, team-specific and individual training concerns.
● Regularly delivered product and HR training
e-Builder, Inc., Technical Writer
June 2011 - June 2014, Plantation, FL
● Revitalized online help content to become the primary and most reliable source of end-user assistance and internal learning. Worked closely with support to ensure continued clarity and accuracy. www.e-builder.net/help
● Improved content quality by establishing documentation standards
● Created internal and client-facing guides, release notes, training videos using Camtasia and interactive, in-product tutorials with WalkMe.
● Developed end-user API documentation
● Continually refined internal processes to improve workflow
● Authored and maintained departmental style guide
● Worked as part of the UX (user experience) team to enhance product usability and conduct usability tests
American Van Lines, Content Writer/Editor
Jan. 2010 - June 2011, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
● Enhanced training process by writing the SEO Writer’s Training Guide
● Worked with web designers to improve website usability
● Spearheaded and conducted keyword research project to optimize ROI
● Improved documentation process by implementing standards such as keyword usage checklists and conventions for title and meta descriptions.
● Posted articles to website which included created meta descriptions and page titles and editing HTML code when necessary
● Blogged daily to promote services
● Wrote monthly press releases and posted to PRWeb
● Generated ideas and wrote monthly newsletters
Northeastern University / MA Science in Technical Communications April 2010 - April 2013, Boston, MA
University of South Florida/ BA Arts and Sciences
June 2001 - Dec. 2005, Tampa, FL
Salesforce - Jira - Aha - Microsoft Suite - Camtasia - WalkMe - Namely - MadcapFlare - RoboHelp - SnagIT - Confluence - Word - Excel - Google Apps