Results oriented professional with years of experience providing technical support, risk assessments and machinery asset management services. Experience with rotating equipment technology specializing in gas turbine maintenance, engineering and power plant operations. Manage multiple priorities based on business needs, driving required solutions. HIGHLIGHTS
• Power Plant Operations • Machinery Asset Management • Technical Report Writing
• Process Improvements • Root Cause Failure Analysis • Sales & Marketing
• Machinery Overhaul • Property & Fire Protection • Gas Turbines / Boilers
• Contract Management • Risk Mitigation • Operations & Capital Budgets PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
AIG Energy & Engineered Risk June 2005 - December 2018 Senior Technical Risk Consultant
• Evaluated and mitigated risk by conducting All-Risk boiler machinery and property loss prevention surveys for power generation facilities of various technologies.
• Assessed renewable power plants e.g. wind, hydro and solar in addition to coal fired, oil and natural gas fired plants, including combined cycle and municipal solid waste plants.
• Reviewed NATCAT hazards, building construction, fire protection systems and verified code compliance and made recommendations to reduce risks.
• Performed boiler inspections as an authorized state inspector and holder of a National Board Inspector Commission.
• Subject matter expert in loss prevention for aero-derivative gas turbine generators and heavy industrial gas turbine generators.
• Successfully influenced operators to change behavior by applying real-life experience based on machinery claim history.
• Summarized findings and recommendations in technical reports, advising underwriters of exposures and loss estimates.
• Submitted loss control reports which evaluate power generation facilities for machinery breakdown and fire protection, with 98% on-time performance.
ERW Consulting, Wesley Chapel, Florida April 2003 – June 2005 Power Generation Equipment Specialist
• Advised underwriter claims adjusters on scope of repairs and root cause failure evaluations for industrial gas turbines.
• Developed loss control documents to inform underwriters of industry known gas turbine design issues to mitigate risk. Conectiv Operating Services Company, Carneys Point, New Jersey June 2001 – April 2003 Business Development Manager/Transition Manager
• Implemented marketing and sales strategies for third party power plant operations and maintenance services.
• Made presentations to prospects, wrote O&M proposals, and participated in executing and mobilizing O&M contract provisions for start-up and commissioning of ten LM6000 simple cycle power plants.
• Supervised and trained operations staff, developed operations procedures for commercial operations of facilities.
• Develop the qualification procedures for the operation staff. GPU International, Parsippany, New Jersey January 2000 – May 2001 Plant Manager – Pasco Cogen
• Performed the safe, efficient operation of a 110 Mw two-on-one combined cycle cogeneration facility comprised of GE LM6000 gas turbines generators and associated Zurn/Nepco HRSG’s and a 26 Mw GE steam turbine.
• Developed and tracked O&M and capital budgets.
• Achieved compliance with contract requirements, cultivating positive relations with thermo-host and electrical utility.
• Transitioned project from a third-party O&M provider to an owner operated facility on time and within budget.
• Successfully transitioned the facility from a base loaded facility to single train mode of cycling during off-peak periods to maximize plant profitability and implemented performance review program for plant employees. ERIC WILLIAMS – Page 2
Phone: 360-***-**** email@example.com GPU International, Parsippany, New Jersey May 1997 – December 1999 Operations Manager
• Served as the owner representative overseeing five Third-Party Plant Managers for five independent power plants with capacities ranging from 26 Mw to 110 Mw.
• Developed and tracked O & M and Capital Project and tracked expenses and costs.
• Implemented key performance indicators to optimize plant operational efficiencies.
• Ensured that contractors performed in accordance with contractual obligations.
• Planned major maintenance to ensure optimum performance and regulatory compliance.
• Developed scopes of work for scheduled major maintenance of LM2500, LM5000, and LM6000 gas turbines. Developed specifications for scheduled maintenance
Greenwich Air Service, Miami, FL June 1995 - April 1997 Field Service Manager/Marketing/Sales Representative
• Increased revenue through the sales and marketing of the Industrial Field Service and supported onsite field services.
• Supervised the installation of newly overhauled gas turbines and monitored start-up parameters and performed troubleshooting of gas turbines performance, and instrumentation.
• Wrote overhaul proposals, submitted quotes and negotiated gas turbine overhauls for the GE LM1500 and LM2500 gas turbines.
Operational Energy Corporation, Vineland, New Jersey December 1993 - June 1995 Power Plant Operator
• Participated in the initial start-up and commissioning of a 50 Mw one-on-one combined cycle cogeneration plant.
• Operated, maintained and performed maintenance on the following major equipment: GE LM6000 gas turbine generator, GEC Alstom 10 Mw steam turbine and Heat Recovery Steam Generator with duct burners.
• Operated and maintained three dual fueled package boilers with rated capacities from 20,000 – 45,000 lb/hr. General Electric Aircraft Engines, Cincinnati, OH June 1989 - July 1993 Field Service Representative
• Provided field service customer support for the following GE Aero-Derivative gas turbines: LM1600, LM2500, LM5000 and LM6000.
• Performed internal borescope inspections and external inspections.
• Supervised on-site gas turbine removal, installations and maintenance repairs.
• Monitored turbines performance, start-up and operating parameters. EDUCATION
Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, FL BS in Aircraft Engineering Technology
Cayuga County Community College, Auburn, New York
AS in Math-Science