YASUMASA (YAZ) MIYAWAKI
* Account Management and Business Development in Automotive Industry.
* International Projects: Coordinating people is different organization in different countries.
* Travel extensively i.e. road warrior.
* Bilingual in English and Japanese.
MSSC, Troy, MI [Suspension Components] Feb, 2011 – Apr, 2019
Sr. Account Manager – Toyota, Nissan, Daimler, VW, BMW
Toyota: Launched Highlander, Rx, and quoting Corolla, RAV4 by coordinating with Toyota Technical Center in US & Japan for future program development and testing.
Nissan: Revitalized Nissan account and got business of Versa & Titan. Preparing upcoming Sentra, Leaf sourcing. Coordinate Nissan Technical Center in Japan for future business.
Daimler: Created account and lately become regular supplier from NAFTA regional supplier. Preparing upcoming C/E Class & S Class sourcing.
VW: Created account and quoting Tiguan program, and prepare upcoming Passat sourcing.
BMW: Communicating with Purchasing to create account i.e. plant audit, etc.
Magna Donnelly, Engineered Glass Division, Holland, MI Jan, 2004 – Dec, 2010
SENIOR MANAGER, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Enhanced relationships with Japanese OEMs in North America & Japan, and developed new business in North America coordinate with Engineering, Marketing/Planning, and Design Studio.
1) Developed business of Tundra’s power back window system and discussions for Tacoma, Titan, & Frontier.
2) Promoted proprietary glass bonding technology to Toyota and Honda, the only OEMs not using this technology. Earned Toyota’s approval after two years’ testing and intense discussion.
3) Created Nissan Account and initiated several quotes and “advance development project” with NTC. Window Speaker using Piezo Component to vibrate glass for sound creation, phase-1 selecting platform/program.
General Motors, Truck Product Center, Pontiac, MI Jan, 1999 – Dec, 2003
VEHICLE INTEGRATION ENGINEER, GMT355(Cab Body), Colorado/Canyon
Responsible for GMT355 Cab Body development by coordinating with Isuzu in Japan, GM do Brazil, GMNA, Studio/Design Center, Marketing/Planning, GM manufacturing and GMT355 suppliers. Coordinate drawing release to meet SOP timing with 30 Design Release Engineer(DRE) in three countries.
1) Coordinated/resolved safety issues with various engineering groups; Crashworthiness, Body, Seat, Interior Trim, and Electrical to conform applicable Government regulations and Corporate standards.
2) Organized seat development program; design review, test ride & etc with Isuzu DREs in Japan.
3) Coordinated Chief Designer, Studio, Appearance Engineering & Isuzu about A-Surface issues of engineering changes, define Color Palette.
4) Coordinated Vehicle Content issues with Marketing/Planning group and participated Clinics.
TRW Automotive Inc. Sep, 1989 – Dec, 1998
Vehicle Safety Systems, Washington, MI [Seat Belt Systems] Jul, 1992 – Dec, 1998
ACCOUNT MANAGER, INTERNATIONAL SALES
1) Managed Ford Escort/Mercury Tracer program by coordinating Ford (Body/Safety) and Mazda (Safety/Interior) for pricing, engineering(testing, design changes etc.).
2) Managed Mercury Villager/Nissan Quest program including pricing, engineering issues, scheduling, quality, assembly process and material handling at Ford’s Avon Lake plant.
3) Coordinated Tokai Rika’s(joint venture) business development, commercial issues to Toyota North America assisting VA/VE proposals for Toyota’s safety performance in line with US regulations.
4) Assisted TRW affiliates and joint ventures’ business with Japanese OEMs in Europe, Asia, South America.
5) Developed business of seat-integrated child safety belt systems for 2000 Legacy/Outback.
TRW Automotive, Fasteners Division, Southfield, MI Sep, 1989 – Jul, 1992
Created Japanese OEM accounts by providing various VA/VE proposals/samples to Toyota, Honda, and Nissan to reduce assembly time, improve assembly accuracy and prevent quality problems, dealing with OEM’s quality and production group, and cultivated basics of Japanese business practices at TRW.
Honda Kaihatsu Kogyo, Marysville, OH Apr, 1984 – Aug, 1989
Assigned to Honda of America Mfg., Purchasing, Technical Support Group as a part of procurement increase Honda’s US content of US built Honda vehicles. Support for about 20 new US suppliers’ start-up those who received Honda’s Japanese tooling (stamping & injection molding) by organizing orientation of the tooling such as; installation, maintenance, quick die change, tooling material differences requires frequent tooling maintenance. And also provided Honda’s engineering system, QC procedure, quote process, etc.
Bachelor of Industrial and Systems Engineering Aoyama Gakuin University, Tokyo, Japan
“Strategic Quality Management”, University of Michigan School of Business, Ann Arbor, MI
“Delegation and Team Effort”, University of Michigan School of Business, Ann Arbor, MI
R E F E R E N C E A V A I L A B L E